General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri nightmares...had my first last night Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-07 2:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rocklin
Subject: Tri nightmares...had my first last night
My tri is 9 days away, and I had my first anxiety dream last night. In my dream, they had moved the tri to a different location since the water is so low at the current venue. The new venue was small and had with three or four seperate bike racks seperated by hedges. The swim was great and I left the water with only 5 or 6 guys in front of me. Then I went the wrong way out of the water (away from T-1) for almost half a mile and had to go back. Then after putting on my bike shoes, I couldn't find my bike...at all, and never found it. Meanwhile my wife (and my biggest competitor in this tri) had walked up and told me she was quitting since she was dizzy. I continued to look for my bike watching person after person come out of the water and pass me. I never found it and was a DNF.

I would have loved to have said this tri isn't getting to me, but obviously it is!!! Lord knows I will be putting my bike in a place where I can find it!!!

Anyone else have freaking nightmares about an upcoming tri?

2007-09-07 2:27 PM
in reply to: #955796

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Tri nightmares...had my first last night

aggiecatcher - 2007-09-07 2:17 PM My tri is 9 days away, and I had my first anxiety dream last night. In my dream, they had moved the tri to a different location since the water is so low at the current venue. The new venue was small and had with three or four seperate bike racks seperated by hedges. The swim was great and I left the water with only 5 or 6 guys in front of me. Then I went the wrong way out of the water (away from T-1) for almost half a mile and had to go back. Then after putting on my bike shoes, I couldn't find my bike...at all, and never found it. Meanwhile my wife (and my biggest competitor in this tri) had walked up and told me she was quitting since she was dizzy. I continued to look for my bike watching person after person come out of the water and pass me. I never found it and was a DNF. I would have loved to have said this tri isn't getting to me, but obviously it is!!! Lord knows I will be putting my bike in a place where I can find it!!! Anyone else have freaking nightmares about an upcoming tri?

Dang tootin' I am - IM Moo less than 2 days away!!!  It's bad enough our puppy and our -1/2 year old gets up in the middle of the night and I'm not getting the best sleep, then I have the anxiety dreams about the race.  Last night was about swim to bike transition, too, and where do we put our wetsuits.  Oooooohhhhhmmmmmmm.  Relax.

2007-09-07 2:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rocklin
You will do great...good luck...know the power of BT positive vibes are behind you!!!

You are literally on the verge of a h*ll of a story/accomplishment!!!

Make sure you post Monday!!!
2007-09-07 2:52 PM

User image

Regular
Fort Collins, CO
My tri is this weekend and a couple weeks ago I had dream where I completely forgot about the race. It's not that I missed it, but I was sitting with friends and went, "Oh, crap! The race was this morning!"

Needless to say, I can't imagine this happening to anybody since you start thinking about the race so much once it gets close.

Good luck on the race! I'm sure you'll find your bike.
2007-09-07 2:55 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rocklin
It was right in the garage where I left it.
2007-09-07 2:55 PM
in reply to: #955886

User image

Master
Elm Grove
PsionicSwallow - 2007-09-07 2:52 PM

My tri is this weekend and a couple weeks ago I had dream where I completely forgot about the race. It's not that I missed it, but I was sitting with friends and went, "Oh, crap! The race was this morning!"

Needless to say, I can't imagine this happening to anybody since you start thinking about the race so much once it gets close.

Good luck on the race! I'm sure you'll find your bike.

I had almost this same dream a couple of days ago. My next tri is a week from tomorrow. I freaked out and tried to make it to the race in time, but got there after the start and could not talk them into letting me start the race.

2007-09-07 3:52 PM

User image

Expert
Berkeley, Calif.
My first tri isn't for another couple of months, but I had a stress dream about it a month ago (clearly I need to relax just a little bit, heh). In the dream, I got to the race super early to set up -- so early, in fact, that I decided to hop on my bike and visit a friend before the race. But I lost track of time while I was visiting her and then I got lost making my way back to the race and by the time I got there, almost everyone was done, and I never got a chance to start. I woke up feeling *very* relieved that my race was still months away.

Hopefully that'll be the only nightmare and I just needed to get it out of my system. *g*
2007-09-07 3:58 PM

Sydney Australia
Subject:
2007-09-07 5:02 PM

My nightmare came true last weekend. I had trained hard for a race at the same venue as I had run in July. Worked on my run big time, trained seriuos on the bike and kept my swim level. Had to fly in at midnight before the race and my flight was delayed - got to sleep at 2 AM and wok up to no alarm!!! Had 45 minutes to get to a race 45 miles away.
Had a good day doing yard work and building a fence.
Back to training hard for next weekend - fly in Friday for a Sunday race. BTW I work away from home so I fly home and race not to race.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri nightmares...had my first last night Rss Feed