General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » newbie in PA Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-08 7:25 AM

Hershey, PA
Subject: newbie in PA
Hello everyone...I have just moved to PA from GA to spend time with my family and get back in shape to do tri's again.

I had begun training for tri's in the beginning of 2006 and in August, two weeks after my first tri, I fell 15 feet out of a tree and broke my back. Needless to say this put an end to all training.

I am now all healed and have have been running and riding again this summer and am ready to get serious about training again. I have gained weight in all the wrong places over the last year and can't wait to lose it!

Early last month I moved to PA where my family lives to spend time with them and start a new life, things got crazy in GA after I broke my back. My sister is a triathlete and we work out some together which I am grateful for but am interested in meeting other people and groups to hang with. I am a sinlge GWM 43, looking for friends and workout partners in the Southeast PA region.

The only thing I have schedule right now is to do a half marathon in Philly on Nov. 17th.

2007-09-13 6:00 PM
in reply to: #956291

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: newbie in PA

Welcome to the site and hope you stay healed!

I'm not from PA, but you may be able to find some people in the PA forums.

2007-09-13 6:07 PM
in reply to: #956291

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: newbie in PA
I'm relatively new to this site (6 months) too. You generally would be able to hook up with some groups in the Philly area, which is my area.
If you are ever in this neck of the woods, drop me a PM. There are quite a few places to get some good bike workouts in...
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » newbie in PA Rss Feed