Other Resources My Cup of Joe » World Series Party Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-10-21 10:20 PM

User image

New user
Subject: World Series Party

So, where is it going to be?  We need to discuss details and see who is available on what day.

2004-10-22 8:22 AM
in reply to: #75130

User image

Expert
acton, Ma
Subject: RE: World Series Party

Who is centrally located? 

May, where do you live?

2004-10-22 12:37 PM
in reply to: #75184

Online or Offline

I'm pretty sure I live most centrally!! I'm between Templeton (max) and the Cape (TriMom217 & c2fd) I'm about 11 miles direct to Boston, 18 miles by road, easily accessible off of I-95/128 exit 40. Acton is out towards Templeton, right? I know there's BT people in Billerica & Lowell too, also not too far from me.

I've been chomping at the bit to offer up our pad ~ outside of a possiblity of leaving town, a few considerations:

We are under alot of construction! It would be a fun place to have a party because there is no furniture anywhere to destroy. (Our wrecking party was fun - lots of beer and destruction) Conversely it would also make an uncomfortable place to host a get-together.

Between owning our previous and current home, we threw away all our living room sitting furniture away, and things which look like they were from college (he's 44 and I'm 33 - so stuff was OLD!). They have yet to be replaced ~ we are waiting for all the construction to be completed so it all doesn't get dirty. Forget working on and finishing one room and going to the next..........we ripped it all apart all at once. I see wall studs in my kitchen - but fully functional to entertain in  

We only have a pathetic 27" screen, but we own 3 TVs w/ DVDs and , plenty of other entertainment for kids that come along if they don't wanna watch the game.

PROS:

Impossible to trash my home & fairly kid-friendly

Other entertainment for children and a finished basement where they can play

WE STILL HAVE OUR GRILL OUT (it gets year-round use)

No manners required if you are a guest at Casa de Curran

Easy to find and centrally located

========

CONS:

No furniture to sit comfortably on

I MAY have to go out of town tomorrow night (parent's anniversary visit) and next weekend - if WS goes that far(nephews Pop Warner Football regional something championship something) - I'm afraid to commit just yet as plans change daily around here

BELIEVE ME I WANNA SAY COME OVER!!! I'll keep ya'll posted.....

2004-10-22 12:42 PM
in reply to: #75130

Champion

Check your email TAGP....I have Ellen & family scheduled to come up here Saturday night.  You're welcome to join!  38" flat screen, BYOB, food will be provided!  You too Joanne, I sent you a private message with the details.  Anyone else?

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » World Series Party Rss Feed