General Discussion Race Reports! » Boogie Woogie 5k & Somerville BlockParty Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Boogie Woogie 5k & Somerville BlockParty - Run

View Member's Race Log
Somerville, MA
United States
BA Events
50F / 10C
Overcast
Total Time = 20m 44s
Overall Rank = 30/263
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

The race started at 7:30p on a Thursday night, so I did not eat dinner before the reace. Instead I had one CarbBoom to hold me over.
Event warmup:

Light jog (9:00 /mi pace) for about 3/4 mile
Run
  • 20m 44s
  • 3.13 miles
  • 06m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

My heart rate was pretty high the entire race. I think this can be attributed to the fact that I have bee on "hiatus" since finishing the Granite Ledges Tri (4 weeks). Additionally, the Red Sox have been in the ALCS this week, so I have not gone to bed before 1:00a all week. All things aside, this is my first 5k in the 20's, now I just have to kick a little harder to beak the sacred 20 min 5k mark.
What would you do differently?:

Run faster and push harder
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training

Event comments:

As with all of Paulie's races there was free Harpoon beer and food. The post race set up was at two different bars (one at the start and one at the finish, 1/4 mile apart) . Each bar had a couple of Harpoon kegs that the bartender would just pour until they ran out. Unfortunitly I only had time for one beer after the race because I wanted to go see a bluegrass band play on the other side of Boston.

Last updated: 2004-10-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:20:44 | 03.13 miles | 06m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 30/263
Performance: Good
avg speed: 9.0 mph max speed: 14.2 mph avg pace: 6'37" /mi best pace: 4'47" /mi avg HR: 183
Course: Started in Magon Square, ran into Davis Square on the bike path, up the hill to Tele Square. From there we headed west on Broadway and then cut over to Powerhouse Rd and back to Powderhouse Circle. The race ended in Ball Sqaure (in front of Urban Gourment).
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2004-10-24 9:03 PM

User image

Regular
Boston, MA
Subject: Boogie Woogie 5k & Somerville BlockParty
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Boogie Woogie 5k & Somerville BlockParty Rss Feed