General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Proper Intro. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-29 3:58 PM

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
Subject: Proper Intro.
I never properly introduced myself, and I thought I would take a minute to do so.

The first thing I remember about triathlons, was the yearly tv program on IM Hawaii. I remember watching them and thinking to myself that I wanted to do that one day. Fifteen years or so later I'm finally getting into the sport.

I have two young boys who keep me busy, and its becuase of them I was motivated to get back into shape. The heavy breathing from building a pillow fort with my boys told me that I was doing something wrong. Recently I had let myself ballon to 259 pounds. With my 6'3" frame I was able to hide a bit of the weight gain.

I've been training for a number of weeks and I'm down to 240. I want to be around to see my sons go to college, get married, play with my grandchildren, and all of the stuff in between. The way I was heading the only thing I was assuring myself of was death of a heart attack by the age of 35 or even sooner.

I hope to make triathlons a lifestyle. I've enjoyed my brief stint as a beginning triathlete, and thanks to many of you and Ron I'm finding great success, not only in my training but in my health. My wife thanks you as well, as she says she can see a huge difference not only in my apperence but also in my attitude. She says I'm a lot happier, and easier to get along with, more energentic.

I have a lot of goals I hope to reach within the next couple of years doing triathlons. And I know with the help and guidance I've found here that I will find success.

Thanks
JR

2004-01-29 5:40 PM
in reply to: #5421

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: Proper Intro.
It is funny how that your kids can motivate you! It's fun when they say daddy run with me and you don't think twice about doing it. Congrats on the weight loss and great to officially have you officially on board!
2004-01-30 6:28 AM

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Welcome JR! Sounds like you are off to a great start!
2004-01-30 9:25 AM

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
hiya JR!

Funny how our kids have a way of making us see what's important. I've always tried to lead a healthy lifestyle so my kids can see that it can be done. I don't know how successful I've been, but I always strive for that.

Good luck with your goals, the support here is fantastic!

2004-01-30 12:31 PM

User image

North Carolina
JR~

You were just here to introduce yourself & meanwhile motivate some of us. Congratulations on your weight loss!! I am a newbie as well, so I will keep an eye out & see how your tri's are going.

Take Care!
N
2004-02-01 7:23 AM

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
Thanks for the support.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Proper Intro. Rss Feed