General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newb...and triathlete in the making Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-10-29 3:21 AM

User image

Edwards AFB, CA
Subject: Newb...and triathlete in the making
Howdy all! My name is Dave, I am 26, in fair shape, and am chomping at the bit to get into triathlons. I stumbled across this site a couple of days ago and spent the better part of this evening reading old posts and articles. This site is awsome! The amount of knowledge and support that you guys/gals share with one another is very encouraging. I am particularly stoked about the online training log and can't wait to start using it. (heheheh, I said "log!") I am currently saving my pennies for a bike, but am also saving for a wedding so it may be some months before I am ready to buy one. I actually have a 2000 Cannondale MS600, but it needs a fair bit of work. ( I had less than 50 miles on it when I was ordered overseas and the bike didn't make the move in one piece ) I have been thinking about bringing it back to life and giving it to my fiance who did her first tri last month on a beastly huffy mountain bike. By the time I am ready to get myself some wheels I should have a solid endurance base and be ready to take it to the road. I haven't decided which triathlon is going to be my first, but I expect to do a sprint somewhere around the February-March time frame. This Monday I will start the 20 week half ironman program that I found on this site. Whether or not I will be biting off more than I can chew will be seen in the coming weeks, it will be a challenge to keep up on the training, nutrition, and rest. I look forward to suffering and posting with all of you in the future.

Edited by AirDave 2004-10-29 3:22 AM

2004-10-29 10:00 AM
in reply to: #77074

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
Subject: RE: Newb...and triathlete in the making
Welcome aboard!

-Frank
2004-10-29 10:20 AM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Welcome to the site! What a drag about your bike! Hope you can get a new one soon. I didn't have a bike when I started training either, so I just used the ones at the gym--better than nothing!

Best of luck with your training, and also with the upcoming wedding! I just got married six weeks ago myself.

Kelly
2004-10-29 10:22 AM

User image

molto veloce mama
welcome, and congrats on your upcoming nuptials. bummer about the bike though.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newb...and triathlete in the making Rss Feed