Other Resources My Cup of Joe » This is for the wannabe writers....NANOWRIMO RETURNS! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-10-29 11:25 PM

User image

Master
Sonoma County, CA
Subject: This is for the wannabe writers....NANOWRIMO RETURNS!
NANOWRIMO
stands for
National Novel Writing Month.....

Long story short...this guy had a novel in him....about 5 years ago...after years of saying "I'm gonna write a novel one day" he and some friends with similar dreams got together and said "ENOUGH!"

They made it a contest.....and nanowrimo was born.....

From November 1-November 30th it's nanowrimo month....

the goal is to get 50,000 words down during that 30 day period....

Folks, it's not about writing quality...it's about actually sitting your ass down in the chair and WRITING!!!
Get it down on paper....
Get it out and edit it later!!!

I've done it for the last 3 years with some friends....

Every year the site grows and grows and grows.....and now, 2 days from the start I'm considering once again writing that 50k.

The first year I didn't make 50k. The last 2 I have...and man oh man did I write some crap....but it's down there and I go back to it and refine it and touch it up and play with it and get inspired by it....

It's comraderie, it's self-torture, it's finally calling BullSh*t on that voice in your head that says "HELL, I CAN WRITE A NOVEL" and making you go for it.

Any writers out there, and I know there are some by the witty prose and poetry that I read on the boards, check it out.

http://www.nanowrimo.org

HAPPY WRITING!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » This is for the wannabe writers....NANOWRIMO RETURNS! Rss Feed