General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello all Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-10-31 10:44 PM

Vancouver, British Columbia
Subject: Hello all
Hi there,
So to introduce myself. My name's Ian. I've just moved to Prince George from North vancouver. I spent the last year training with the North Shore Triathlon Club after taking a bit of a sabatical from adventure racing. It's been odd having to start training indoors so early since I'm used to having fairly mild winters but I have joined the UNBC cross country ski team which should keep me in good shape for next year. I'm studying Commerce at UNBC and really enjoy it so far. Only one more year after this one and then I'm done. I also taught downhill skiing for five years but stopped because school became too hectic. I also do a lot of rock climbing and mountaineering, although there aren't many mountains around here. Anyways, I couldn't muster up the cash to do Ironman this coming year but it's a definate for 2006. It'll be my first ironman and I'm looking forward to some of the bigger races for this coming race season like the Victoria half IM, Vancouver tri, Vancouver Marathon and Victoria Marathon. I guess I'll be doing a lot of travelling in the summer. Anyways, if there's anyone else who lives in PG drop me a line.......I haven't come across many people up here who participate in these types of sports. Anyways, ciao for now and it's nice meeting all of you.

Cheers

Ian D. Fripp

2004-11-01 4:55 PM
in reply to: #77745

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Hello all

welcome...one year left in school..i bet u cant wait. ( i can't)

good luck on the long races this summer....

2004-11-02 9:50 AM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Hello and welcome to the site! You certainly are an active guy! You'll pick up this triathlon thing with no problem. Best of luck!

Kelly
2004-11-02 10:41 AM

User image

Expert
wrightsville beach, North Carolina

Welcome to BT , Ian!  Great introduction, sounds like you are doing a lot of fun stuff.

Keep at it and looking forward to see a race report from ya in the dayas ahead.

2004-11-02 12:18 PM
in reply to: #78201

Vancouver, British Columbia
Thanks Glen,
I'm looking forward to the cross country ski races. This is the first year I've done x-country so it should prove to be an interesting one....lol. I can't wait for spring though (I know I shouldn't wish time away like that) I love riding and I'm getting a new bike for next years race season but the winter looks like it'll be a good cold one here.

Cheers

Ian
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello all Rss Feed