General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TRI SHOP OPEN HOUSE = DRAWINGS AND FOOD! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2007-10-26 1:27 AM
in reply to: #1008506

User image

Master
Subject: RE: TRI SHOP OPEN HOUSE = DRAWINGS AND FOOD!

Good job Tanya! You won something and you weren't even there. I don't know WHAT you won, just that you won SOMETHING.  Rick also won the same seat that Harry has on Darryl.

So, while you were all winning free things, I got over charged an extra $35 on a pair of shorts I bought ROFL!   They accidentally added Rick's bike labor on to my shorts. Not a biggie, I just went back and had them refund me the $35. 

It's a really nice shop with nice people. Lots of wine, cheese, and BEAUTIFUL bikes to drool over. Talked to one of the guys about getting a bike fitting and feel confident ht knows what he's doing.

We then went to Buffalo Hot Wings to eat.  We had a great time and I didn't get home until after 9:00pm.   

2007-10-26 9:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
We missed youse guys that were not there. I wasn't able to stay for supper, but I think a half dozen of those chocolate pumpkin muffins (YUMMY!) might count as supper. I had some grapes and pumpkin IS a vegetable right?

Sadly, I have now gotten all excited about a new bike again, but still am not sure if I want to spend the $$$ on that or maybe just a new wheel set on my existing bike. I would be able to decide better if I knew how much faster I would be with one vs the other. But they did have what seemed to me anyway to be some great deals on some of their bikes.

2007-10-26 9:47 AM

User image

Elite
Mesa, AZ
Yeah it was a great time. Sadly we learned about the conspiracy of the drawings (all the people they knew were getting their names drawn) *wink* but it was a totally cool place and the people were really really awesome. I think we were there for almost 2 hours chatting, looking at stuff...EATING!

What did you win Tanya???
2007-10-26 10:36 PM
in reply to: #1025125

cordova61 - 2007-10-25 11:27 PM

Good job Tanya! You won something and you weren't even there. I don't know WHAT you won, just that you won SOMETHING. Rick also won the same seat that Harry has on Darryl.

So, while you were all winning free things, I got over charged an extra $35 on a pair of shorts I bought ROFL! They accidentally added Rick's bike labor on to my shorts. Not a biggie, I just went back and had them refund me the $35.

It's a really nice shop with nice people. Lots of wine, cheese, and BEAUTIFUL bikes to drool over. Talked to one of the guys about getting a bike fitting and feel confident ht knows what he's doing.

We then went to Buffalo Hot Wings to eat. We had a great time and I didn't get home until after 9:00pm.

Who'd you talk to about that bike fitting? They were very good with fitting me to the bike I have and I appreciated all that was done to help me. When I suffered my back injury last year, they fitted me yet again to help me be more comfortable. It's a great shop.

I'm glad you all had fun. My son's soccer practice didn't get over until 7:30pm. His coach brings spotlights and all!!! I wish I could have gone.

Who won the wetsuit? Do you know??
2007-10-27 8:00 AM

Pro
AZ

Well, they drew my name, but some how my husband ended up with a $100 Canondale jacket. (size large)  Oh well.  I will probably be in there on Monday, so I will ask about the wetsuit.

2007-10-27 10:01 AM

User image

Expert
Chandler, AZ
We were talking to Mike (the owner) about bike fittings. For those interested, he said that the price will rise soon for the service. He has found that it is taking about two hours to fit tri athletes for road bikes. He ends up making two fits. One for road and one for tri so you can simply make a few adjustments at home.

2007-10-27 3:40 PM
in reply to: #1026511

StandsWithFist - 2007-10-27 6:00 AM

Well, they drew my name, but some how my husband ended up with a $100 Canondale jacket. (size large) Oh well. I will probably be in there on Monday, so I will ask about the wetsuit.

Maybe the wetsuit is yours!!! That would be sweet!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TRI SHOP OPEN HOUSE = DRAWINGS AND FOOD! Rss Feed  

of 3