General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Capital Area Triathlon Club (triCATs) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-10-16 12:00 PM

User image

Regular
Northern Virginia
Subject: Capital Area Triathlon Club (triCATs)
Anyone a member of this club? How active are they? I am looking to join a local triathlon club in the NoVa area after completing my first triathlon season. It seems as if this club is based mostly out of eastern Fairfax County, which is where I live. The DC Tri Club has most of their events and training in DC or Maryland. The Reston Area Triathlon Club seems based around Reston (which makes sense). Geographically triCATs seems to be the closest fit for me, but I can't tell from their website how active they currently are. Thanks for any insight!

2007-10-16 3:05 PM
in reply to: #1010422

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Capital Area Triathlon Club (triCATs)
I would highly recommend TRICATS. They have a memebers meeting tonight.

Metro Access

Free Parking after 4 in the garage next door

$2.50 drafts on Tuesdays!!!! (or so I’m told)

Tuesday, October 16th, 7:30 PM

Baileys Pub & Grille

2010 A Crystal Drive

Arlington VA, 22202

2007-10-16 4:30 PM

User image

Regular
Northern Virginia
Thanks, BIGNEW. I am glad to hear you have had a positive experience with triCATs. Given that they generally operate in eastern NoVa it seems like the best choice for me of the three in the area. I may look into joining in the next month or so to take advantage of any off season events and to join group training when the new season kicks off. Unfortunately, I already have plans tonight so I can't make the meeting. Hopefully I will be signed up in time to make the next one! Have fun tonight!
2007-10-17 9:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
No prob....they are definitely a good group of people and the club is pretty active with weekly rides, runs, and events.

Currently I am not an active member since I moved to Richmond a couple of years ago, but I still subscribe to their Yahoo Groups email list so I can keep up with what going on. I would suggest that you sign up for the Yahoo email list so you can see what they have going on.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Capital Area Triathlon Club (triCATs) Rss Feed