General Discussion Triathlon Talk » pain on inside of leg Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-10-19 8:10 PM

Veteran
Subject: pain on inside of leg
forgive my ignorance on medical terminology as the following may seem in lamen's terms On the inside of the right leg, starting from just above my ankle to about 7 inches up has been hurting me for the past week. Its not that bad, but after todays bike ride and swim it started aching a little bi more than usual. It feels mostly like the tendons in that area. Thought id ask ya'll before I ponied up some $$ for the dr.

2007-10-19 9:11 PM
in reply to: #1016587

Champion
South Jersey
Subject: RE: pain on inside of leg
I'm not a doc, but it sounds like the posterior tibial tendon or posterior tibialas. Do a google search, and it might help you ID what the pain is and what to do for it (depending on how it's actually affecting you).
2007-10-19 10:48 PM
in reply to: #1016587

Veteran
that's exactly what it is!! Thanks! I've had problems with this ankle before as I sprained, fractured, and torn ligaments(dont know which ones never cared enough at the time to see a dr). I wasnt sure at first but I looked at my ankle while walking around and saw that it is rolling in. I think the fact that I like to walk barefoot has pronounced the flatfoot effect as well. Looks like I'll be needing some ace bandages Thats not good at only age 21
2007-10-20 1:06 PM
in reply to: #1016699

Champion
South Jersey
I recommend you go to a good running store so they can point you in the direction of the appropriate shoe for your foot. If you tend to pronate, you should get a shoe that will help with that. Of course, make sure you let the problem heal first. If you don't want to go to the doc, rest it and ice it. When you get back to running, start out slow, making sure you remain pain-free throughout the runs. Build the volume back up slowly. And, make sure you're running in the proper shoes . Good luck.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » pain on inside of leg Rss Feed