General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Cheers! From Indiana Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-11-05 12:26 PM

Veteran
Muncie, Indiana
Subject: Cheers! From Indiana
Hi there everyone!

I moved out to Indiana last year from MD to earn a Masters degree. During the course of that I started dating this wicked cool lady and have ended up working and living in Indiana. Noworries, Indiana's not all bad! The sports I used to play in Maryland (lacrosse, surfing, hockey) are a little tough to do in the Hoosier state. So triathlon it is. I am not totally new to the sport, I competed in one back home and have done an outdoor tri, but I am filling a bit overwhelmed. I think it is going to be tough to stay motivated over the winter and make it to race season. Anyone out there have an answer to this...

Noworries, this site looks pretty awesome and should have some great resources!

Later everyone!

PS - Any hoosiers out there? Any hoosier race clubs around?

Mickey

2004-11-05 1:11 PM
in reply to: #79459

New user

Indiana
Subject: RE: Cheers! From Indiana
Welcome Mickey,

I just recently joined this site as well. I'm in Indiana also, although I don't use the term Hoosier to refer to myself (Go Boilers!). I'm in Central Indiana and I know there are some cycling clubs in the Indy area although I'm not a member of any of them. I don't know of any Tri specific clubs but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

-Brian
2004-11-05 1:33 PM
in reply to: #79476

Veteran
Muncie, Indiana
Brian,

Can't say I am a Hoosier either. I guess I am Cardinal! BSU holla, but I am a Terp all the way. I live up in Muncie and work down in Franklin. I need to do a bit more investigating in the area as well. Keep me posted.

By the way Kyle Orton?? Nah give it to good ole Brady Quinn...
2004-11-05 5:17 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Welcome to BT!  And good luck with tri training. 

There's gotta be hockey in IN......

2004-11-08 11:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Hey Mickey!

Welcome to the site... it's a great place to find ALMOST any answer. Like, why is it that men complain about the significant other, just to complain? I don't get that...

Anyways, I've digressed... I live around the Chicago area..... so, I can feel the pain there.... let's see- I would look into the indoor tri's. Those are fun, but they don't start till January'ish. They're pretty innocent- like a 10 min swim, [10 min T1], 20 min bike, [5 min T2], 15 min run. It's based on how much distance you can do in those times. Other than that, hmm... masters swim clubs, running clubs?

I hope that helps! Lots of luck ... the new cool log should be enough motivation for anyone [graphs and all.... awesome!].

:0) Milly
2004-11-09 9:53 AM

Veteran
Muncie, Indiana
Thanks, I apprecitate the info. Any idea where to begin looking for Masters clubs and indoor tri. An indoor would be really cool cause it would give me something tangible for the winter months.

-Mick

2004-11-09 10:17 AM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Hi, and welcome to the site! Not a hoosier, but I can relate to the long winter training season. I'm going to make an effort to get outside and run on the weekends, even in January. I'm hoping that will help. Good luck!

Kelly
2004-11-10 7:02 PM
in reply to: #80703

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Hey Muncie,

Have you tried active.com or activesports.com [I can't remember which it is]....they usually have a search criteria you can look up. I'll get back to you about the masters club- there's a website for that too.

-M
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Cheers! From Indiana Rss Feed