General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello From Victoria BC Canada Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-10-27 12:59 PM

User image

Master
Victoria BC
Subject: Hello From Victoria BC Canada
Hello everyone, I did my first sprint Tri in 02 and haven't done one since. I had never run didn't know if I could swim the distance and knew that I could get through the bike I mean you can coast right. So since then I have had my knee put back together after dislocating it and tearing the patella tendon off. Yes it was nasty looking and sounded horrible. But after the 5 months of recovering I started to run have done 5 k's 10 k'2 and two half's and now want to do a tri again. I have signed up for swimming lessons as I need some improvement on my technique and endurance. Been bike shopping and have seen what is out there and WOW is there ever some great looking bikes out there. Now it is time to prepare for a season full of Tri's I am hoping to do atleast 2 or 3 Olympic and as many as I can of Sprints so I will be using all of you as places of resources and knowledge and advice.

Shawn

2007-10-27 2:02 PM
in reply to: #1026686

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Hello From Victoria BC Canada

Hello fellow Islander!  I'm up island in Courtenay.  If you are looking for some good sprints here on the island, we have one in May (TriK), Qualicum Beach has a great one, I really like the Tri of Compassion in Esquimalt too.  There are soooooo many to choose from.

Happy training!

2007-10-27 5:11 PM

User image

Master
Victoria BC
Hi Busygirl. Wow first response from and islander that is great. I really like the Courtenay area get up there for golfing every year. Thanks for the info of the upisland tri's This will actually what I consider my first attempt at them next yea. When I did mine in 02 I did it because my girlfriend at the timesigned up for My First Tri and I went along and did it as well. Then never really thought about them after that. Until 2 weeks ago when I did my second Half marathon and really have no urge to do a full yet thought I should try and do Tri's. So on the look out ofr a bike and going to be ready for next year!!
2007-10-27 5:25 PM

User image

Master
Running trails in S. Ontario
Welcome to BT fellow canuck! I am sure joining this site will help you with your motivation and training!
2007-10-27 5:32 PM

User image

Welcome, Shawn! Victoria's a great place to train and race.. and BT is a great resource for info. Be sure to come check out the BC group in the Canadian section of the forum.

I've done quite a few tri's here in town - Sooke Spring Sprint, Tri for Compassion, New Balance Half Iron (relay), Self Transcendence - so if you ever have any questions about those, feel free to ask. And if you're looking for a great olympic race, I highly recommend the Apple Tri in Kelowna. Definitely top notch.

2007-10-27 6:20 PM

User image

Master
Victoria BC
I plan on doing the Sooke Spring and theTri of Compassion this year as well as thinking of the Slef transendance. Not sure about a destination tri yet have to see how my training goes and everything else. Are there any tri clubs in town that you know of? I now of the Y and Team West Coast just owndering if there were others.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello From Victoria BC Canada Rss Feed