General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Loose Weigh...Gain Goals! South African Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-11-07 1:56 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Loose Weigh...Gain Goals! South African
I am new to the boards and very excited!

I am from South Africa...located in the midwest (GO Huskers!). Always wanted to run..but was ALWAYS too fat!
Start dieting on 237lbs and now a whoping 159lbs. I was 145 last year this time... and that is the reason why I am on here!
I need motivation! I loose so many and find it real hard to stay here or to lose more pounds.

I figure if I enroll myself in a program like this.. another goal in life... I can just MAYBE do it!
Anyone out there in the same boat?

2004-11-07 3:51 PM
in reply to: #79957

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Subject: RE: Loose Weigh...Gain Goals! South African
Welcome Diller... although I've been away from the site, this is a very supportive place to be. The only thing that WE cannot give you is the actual effort of doing what you set out to do.

I am a firm believer of the 'if you really want to do it, you will'.... but I also understand that we as humans have the tendancy to get frustrated [possibly a little impatient] and this is when we momentarily give up our goals. Believe me, I am still struggling to get back on the boat.

The advice that I can give you is to log and document everything. Although it may be a pain in the shoe lace at first, after you get used to it, you'll be able to see every small bit of progress that you have done. THAT WAY, in moments when you want to give up, and moments that you feel that you haven't gotten that much closer to your goal-- you can turn to the log and see how far you've gone.

Good luck with this Dillard.... and I hope I've helped [despite the ramblings]

Milly
2004-11-07 11:08 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Welcome to BT!  You'll get plenty of motivation here!  Use the logs to track your progress.  Look into some group workouts.  And post here if motivation is lacking - we'll give you a boost!
2004-11-08 9:49 AM

User image

New user

Milly and COgirl

Thank you for the support.... I did print out my couch to 5K - 4 month program.... I am going to do it....!
I'll make my logs today but right now I am going to get on to start my first day on the program.....

Have a NICE Day...

Tania
2004-11-08 11:43 AM

User image

Champion
Gold member

welcome tania...wow!  great dieting success.

good luck training.

2004-11-08 4:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
How was the very first day? I know I'm just starting out all over again, so I can imagine how excited you are. I hope you continue with this... that program gives me no possible excuse to come up with... I just keep reminding myself "where there's a will, there's a way" Keep us posted!

Keep on, keeping on! :0)

2004-11-10 1:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Midcoast, Maine
It sounds like you are pretty motivated to have lost the weight that you have! This is a great site for encourgement and thare are alot of really great people. Good luck with your training

-joe
2004-11-21 11:42 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Loose Weigh...Gain Goals! South African
Good Morning you all!

Thank You Roxx, gr8brindle and RON..... I was not on the site for quite some time! And I did not start my program yet...did it for like a week and then I got my WISDOM teeth pulled! Ever heard of a dry socket! Still got it!
Living on those pain pills!

Thank You for your motivation! I guess since I loose all the weight I can do this too! That is on my goal list! :-)

Thanks!

2004-11-21 1:08 PM

User image

Expert
Montreal
Hey there Diller,

I always find it funny when I hear about someone who is complaining about being overweight at my approximate goal weight.

Anyway - welcome aboard. The long and the short of it from an exercise standpoint is nothing will burn off weight like the bicycle. I like running, I like cycling and I hate swimming - but one thing is a certainty one hour on the bike will burn off more calories that one hour of the other two.

There a plenty of people tri-ing for weight loss here there is even a forum just for us. The only thing I would strongly suggest is that you start maintaining a training log with detailed notes about what you are eating each day and the exercise you are doing.

Take care.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Loose Weigh...Gain Goals! South African Rss Feed