General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bipartate sesamoid issue Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-11-16 1:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Dodge Center, MN
Subject: bipartate sesamoid issue
Actually it's more of a lack of bipartate sesamoid issue. I've searched the forum and didn't find anything, unless I did something wrong. Anyways, I had a bipartate sesamoid bone removed from my foot about 3 years ago. At the time I was VERY heavy at about 350lbs. I'm now down to 250lbs but the pain never seems to go away. When I job I wear heavy soled hiking boots to displace the impact going to the sesamoid area. I've tried to jog in running shoes and my foot is toast after just a short distance.

Does anyone have any input on running on a foot with a missing sesamoid bone? If I have to compete with hiking boots, I'll do it, but I'm hoping there is a better way.

Thanks!

2007-11-16 1:40 PM
in reply to: #1057213

User image

Expert
Oceanside, CA
Subject: RE: bipartate sesamoid issue
Hi, and welcome to BT! The first thing that comes to mind is to have you go to a run specific store and let them know what's going on. Get yourself fitted for a proper shoe for your stride, etc. Also, have you talked to the doctor who did your surgery about this issue? I know it's been 3 years, but maybe he/she or an ortho doc could help. Running in hiking boots will probably lead to some other health issues.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bipartate sesamoid issue Rss Feed