General Discussion Triathlon Talk » At least he didn't hurt his nuts......... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-11-21 9:03 AM
in reply to: #1057442

User image

Veteran
Circle Pines, MN
Subject: RE: At least he didn't hurt his nuts.........
I was riding this summer along some fields, and a Phesant all of the sudden popped out of some tall grass along the road. It crossed at head height about 5 feet in front of me. I was in Aero at the time, and was glad it missed me. I have seen plenty of deer standing along the trail or road when I have been riding they don't suprise me much anymore.

Lance

2007-11-21 9:34 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan
My animal encounter was while doing an LSD run at a track by my house. It's a favorite for about 100 geese as their crap is on the track, the infield and the access path to the track.

Anyway most mornings I'm there before the geese so all I have to do is avoid their piles, however this week they were all over the place. I decided I was going to run anyway and they were congregating at one end on the curve so as I would come around each time the vast majority would run away but a few would just eye me. After a couple miles I could tell who "boss hogg" was because not only would he not move back anymore he started to flap his beak and raised his wings a little. Another half mile or so and I noticed they moved onto the track and boss hogg was in the middle. I was staying in Z2 the whole run so out of habit I check my watch a lot and at this moment I was five to seven beats into Z3! I thought to myself what the &^%* I've been mid Z2 for several miles and now my HR jumps? Then it occurred to me that the showdown with the geese blocking the track got my hr elevated.

Anyway, I slowed a little bit but kept running at them and they at the last moment moved out of my way honking at me. Out of a seven mile run I had to "contend" with them for 4.5 or 5 miles before they up and left.
2007-11-21 9:44 AM

User image

Expert
Northern VA

This beast was backing up traffic on the trail this summer.

(I'm really just posting this pic again to torment hangloose)

(snap02.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
snap02.jpg (73KB - 8 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » At least he didn't hurt his nuts......... Rss Feed  

of 2