General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Germany Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-11-25 12:07 PM

Subject: Hello from Germany
Hello. My name is Tom and I'm a finance student from Schweinfurt/Germany and I've decided to participate in a Sprint-Triathlon next year.
In the past year (during my studies in Sweden) I've been running 4-5 times a week mainly to lose weight. I started off with buying an iPod Nano and a Nike+ Kit and it didn't take too much time until I realized that I enjoy running a lot. The challenges and my personal goals have kept me highly motivated throughout this year. But now, as winter has come and it's getting very cold outside I was looking for another way of keeping in shape so I started to go swimming and to work out on my bike trainer at home twice a week. This is when I had the idea of starting at a sprint triathlon in June 2008 and I signed up for it

I have absolutely no biking background (except a few bike trips in the past) which is why I'm a bit worried about this discipline. I chose to give the "20 Week Sprint - Run Focused - Program" a shot and I hope to find some advise (on every discipline) in this community.

I'll surely keep you guys posted on my progress :D

best regards,
Tom

2007-11-25 12:32 PM
in reply to: #1067122

User image

Master
Flagstaff and Phoenix, AZ
Subject: RE: Hello from Germany
Hi Tom,

Welcome to BT! You've found a great resource. Browse the forums and you'll find so many interesting posts to read, it'll keep you busy all winter! Make sure you keep the training log updated so we can all check on your progress

Viele Gruesse ins deutsche November-Schmuddelwetter,

Astrid
2007-11-25 7:54 PM
in reply to: #1067159

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
Hi Tom, and welcome! I know jusr enough German to get my face slapped!!!!
2007-11-25 8:49 PM
in reply to: #1067564

User image

Master
Gold Coast Australia.

x2

ditchdoc - 2007-11-25 7:54 PM Hi Tom, and welcome! I know jusr enough German to get my face slapped!!!!

But anyway: Willkommen zur BT Seite Tom! 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Germany Rss Feed