BT Development Mentor Program Archives » hblackmon's Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2008-04-21 2:12 PM
in reply to: #1092283

Subject: RE: hblackmon's Group - CLOSED!!
I am not sure anyone is left other then swise and myself. No postings since beginning of month. Makes it hard to ask questions for us Newbies. Good Luck to all who are doing races this weekend!!

2008-04-22 5:35 AM

User image

Veteran
Newnan, GA
Got my first tri this Saturday --- haven't picked up packet yet, and it may be a moot issue -- but I generally run with my IPOD (I know, I know -- everyone hates the IPOD users), are they generally allowed in the run leg of the race? I will survive if I can't.
2008-04-22 8:15 AM

What no Ipod in the run leg of race! I always run with tunes. I had no idea this is frowned on in the multi sport, run part. I have so much to learn. I use the tunes to relax me and to help keep myself going when things get tough. I guess when I think about it I use it to distract myself when things get hard, not always the best for a race.
2008-04-22 8:59 AM
in reply to: #1353865

New user

I *think* it is against USAT rules to use an ipod or any other devices. This is for safety, obviously you want to be able to hear officials, follow instructions, be aware of traffic, etc. I always run with music and its not as much fun with out, but safety first
2008-04-22 9:51 AM
in reply to: #1353968

User image

Expert
Marietta, GA

Hey guys! Glad to see you people back on the thread, I though everyone had abandoned ship!

Sorry - no mp3 players allowed during any portion of triathlon - you will be penalized if you are caught by a USAT official - they take it much more seriously than running races. I personally stop training with music (except on the treadmill) during tri season, so it's not a shock on race day.

On the bright side, if you do running races, it's such a mental boost when you haven't been training with music and you get to wear it again!

My first tri of the season is this weekend too - yeah!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » hblackmon's Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 7