BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Vinnie´s Inspirational Group - Closed for members, open for lurkers! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 9

2008-05-06 3:13 AM
in reply to: #1097021

Regular
Subject: RE: Vinnie´s Inspirational Group - Closed for members, open for lurkers!
Hey guys

Sorry I’ve been silent. I was in London for work running around like crazy.
OK, so I guess forum time is wrapping up. ?

Well, I’m not too sad, because I have high hopes that we’ll stay in touch.

Vinnie
Thanks so much for all your advice and support, and especially for setting up an “inspirational” group.
We’ve all been through ups and downs these past months and I really think that the feel and size of the group has enabled us to help each other and pull through.

It’s been really nice chatting and meeting everyone with different interests, lives, situations and objectives. Truly enriching and inspiring.

Let’s see, taking a step back to see highlights and what I’ve learned…that’s a tough one, there’s so much.

Highlights: the forum and reading up on everybody’s news and workouts and feeling part of a tight knit group, feeling progress.

What I’ve learned: I can run! I can do this! But most importantly, I’ve learned to focus on just enjoying and appreciating the moment, regardless of where it takes me: that’s what I think I like most about triathlon: you can be super competitive or just be in it for fun. It’s an individual sport but there’s such a welcoming and encouraging atmosphere. People don’t judge. They cheer. And there are so many inspiring people, like you guys (training with nutritional, organization, personal or emotional challenges), the pros, but also true heroes like Dick and Rick Hoyt.

What I’ve gained: Friends, motivation, inspiration, fitness and if you can believe it, personal harmony and balance.

So thanks to you all! Let’s please do keep in touch. I hope to meet up with you soon Jenn, once you’re on this side of the pond! And who knows, maybe some of you will be tempted by the Nice or Monaco ironman races, which are right near me!!! My door is always open.

Oh by the way last info: I’m getting the bike this week: 2nd hand ladies bike, with a carbon frame, a year old and in great shape. 600$ including pedals. I’m so exited! I’ll post photos.

OH yes and one way I though we could keep in touch easily: facebook. I was thinking of starting a group just for us, which would be easier to post photos and all kinds of stuff.
My email is [email protected] Let me know and I’ll get it going!

Ok, gotta go back to work.

Take care guys and again Merci beaucoup!!!

joelle

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Vinnie´s Inspirational Group - Closed for members, open for lurkers! Rss Feed  

of 9