General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from Montreal Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-12-23 5:51 PM

Subject: Newbie from Montreal
Hi Folks!

Having just lost around 50 lbs during the past year, I though it was time to set myself some realistic training goals for the medium and long term. I have been fairly inactive for some time (other than a bit of biking I started last summer) so needless to say, I have a lot of catching up to do!

I am a 43 year old Business professional andI have set a realistic goal of completing 3 duathlons next summer and aiming for my first triathlon in 2009. The biking part is not much of a problem, the running is quite more and for now the swimming is darn near not doable - reason for my first goal of completing a few duathlons first. This site has been quite an inspiration for me so far and the daily log books keeps me on track. The articles are great and I know I'll be using them often when hurdles come up. For now I am training solo - I have my bike set up on a Trainer and with a good treadmill, I can keep going ahead even when we have 3 feet of snow outside.

Talking and sharing with other newbies will no doubt help the motivation.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Paul

2007-12-23 6:01 PM
in reply to: #1115113

User image

Master
Victoria BC
Subject: RE: Newbie from Montreal
Welcome for the WET Coast of Canada. Yes I put Wet on purpose as we are just getting lots of rain. hope your training goes well. I am also just starting and the swimming is my weak point but the best advice I could give to you is take lessons they will help for sure.
2007-12-23 7:14 PM
in reply to: #1115113

User image

Master
Running trails in S. Ontario
Subject: RE: Newbie from Montreal
Pretty snowy over here!  Welcome fellow Canuck & congratulations on your new goals and indoor gym
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from Montreal Rss Feed