ORRRC series
37F / 3C
Precipitation
Total Time = 56m 58s
Overall Rank = 66/78
Age Group = M 45-49
Age Group Rank = 11/11
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 6:00 then rolled over and slept a while longer. Finally got up at 6:50. Woke all the kids up, sent them down to get dressed and eat breakfast. Trigirl10 was up but didn't want to stay up, had to get her going in the right direction.

Happyheart (my 2 year old) was up very last, basically dragged her down put her coat on and took her out to the van. Left the house about 7:10, got to grandma's house about 7:30 and dropped off Happyheart and Swimmyboy. Headed on to the race venue with everyone else.

I had a cherry turnover and a poptart, got in line and started waiting. Normally they start the race at 9:00, but because they had a huge crew (78 was the largest turnout ever that I know of) they actually started early. Since some of the volunteers had not shown up yet, I told them I would help count laps. So I counted laps for 2.5 people (about 50-55 minutes). Once my replacement showed up, I got my gear layed out and grabbed my goggles.
Event warmup:

Headed to the far end swam 250 yards, then they called me over and told me what lane I would be in. I ended up swimming beside my wife (Wowzawowza), she had never before swam 1K yards without stoping. I got to my lane and had 10 seconds before I had to go, or had to wait another 60 seconds. I just started (2-3 seconds late)
Swim
  • 19m 51s
  • 1000 yards
  • 01m 59s / 100 yards
Comments:

I was pretty happy with this swim, I really didn't think I would be nearly this fast. I was counting on being more like 20:20-21:00.

I made a point of telling my wife a couple times that she was doing great!
What would you do differently?:

Maybe push just a little harder.
Transition 1
  • 05m 30s
Comments:

Had to walk through the building, I was in no big rush. I stripped the suit and dried pretty completely. Temps were not frigid, but I also didn't want to have any problems.

Not much
Run
  • 31m 15s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 03s  min/mile
Comments:

I have not been running much because of my knee issues. I headed out pretty easy, and I was actually shocked to start having knee pain pretty early on. I just kept up a fairly easy pace and didn't push. Found WowzaWowza part way through her first lap, my second. Walked with her a bit, kids were way ahead of her. Encouraged her, and kissed her, then headed on.

Nothing, except figure out what is going on with this knee.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked in grabbed the camera, walked back out to the finish line and took pictures of everyone else finishing.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Knee pain

Event comments:

This is a great beginning of the season tune up. It was fun to do this with everyone.

Last updated: 2007-11-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:19:51 | 1000 yards | 01m 59s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/11
Overall: 45/78
Performance: Average
I could get the breakdown, but I think it was like... 54, 56, 60 x 16, then 56, 54 but I don't really know.
Suit:
Course: Lap swim in the pool
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time:  05:30
Overall: Average
Removing cap, goggles and wetsuit: Good
Getting into shoes: Average
Running
00:31:15 | 03.11 miles | 10m 03s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/11
Overall: 63/78
Performance: Below average
I don't have the mile breaks, I didn't have either the HRM strap on, or the GPS on. I had the footpod, but it didn't break the miles this time. I think it was because I did the multisport.
Course: Same course as the turkey prediction and the Christmas gift exchange runs. Well pretty close that is.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-01-15 11:34 AM

User image

Expert
Earth
Subject: Splash & Dash

2008-01-15 4:12 PM
in reply to: #1157371

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Splash & Dash
Good swim.  (Maybe you'd be faster on the run with less kissing but it wouldn't be as much fun.
2008-01-15 10:51 PM
in reply to: #1158182

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Subject: RE: Splash & Dash

McFuzz - 2008-01-15 3:12 PM Good swim. (Maybe you'd be faster on the run with less kissing but it wouldn't be as much fun.)

I was thinking PDA on the course could affect our time.  Still very cool.  Now just have to have you post the pics.

Solid swim and now figure out what is going on with that knee. 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Splash & Dash Rss Feed