General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Team Skinny (April Pleasures) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 22

2008-04-28 6:22 AM
in reply to: #1306182

User image

Champion
Henderson NV
Subject: RE: Team Skinny (April Pleasures)
Not me,  but I did run 7.5 miles yesterday.  Not quite the 8 mile goal I had set, but much better than the 0 for the last 2 weeks.

2008-04-28 7:17 AM
in reply to: #1365634

User image

Veteran
Limerick, Ireland
Hi Everyone- so I'm back from Paris (last night) and a year older again (can't get used to the new number yet). Anyway, I had a BALL!!! Spent hours and hours walking around Paris - which I hope counts as "doing something"- and I honestly was wrecked at the end of each day. Other than that I had lots of delicious food- none of it really diet maybe apart from a chicken and rice salad I had for lunch once. Also drank lots of delicious and great quality wine which is so much cheaper over there-no wonder really. It was very warm few days (as opposed to Ireland as I was told) so I drank lots of water but I know all I can expect on Wednesday is a massive weight gain. I even considered no reporting my weight this week (again) but I should face the reality and start working on it. Today I'm trying to get all the "after holidays" issue sorted (eg mountains of laundry) but tomorrow I'm back in the gym. There is one more thing I need to confess- I was somking like mad over there. If I had a bit of support I probably wouldn't but on the other hand I should know better myself and not blame my company for that. Anyway, I know it'll be tough in the gym tomorrow after good few days of break and all those cigarettes (Saling how are you doing this?) but it's time to get down to work. I just got a Garmin Forerunner 305 watch (birthday gift) so this is my motivation- prove I'm worth it.

I know I'm a bit late for that but I'd like to mention that I also LOVE reading. I can't fall asleep without reading at least one paragraph. Recently I've been reading Umberto Ecco- he's a famous Italian writer, philospher and linguist. I rarely read "girly books" (maybe two a year) and only if they're ironic (like me ) and funny.

Glad to see ye're all ok and flying it
2008-04-28 7:38 AM

User image

Champion
Henderson NV
Congrats on the great trip Ceade.  The 305 sounds like fun.  The hardest thing about smoking and doing this is where or how to carry them on a long run.  All the tobacco comes out from the jostling...LOL.  Work out hard and you will get the junk out of your lungs and QUIT SMOKING!!!  I know I am a hypocrite, but an honest one.
2008-04-28 7:59 AM
in reply to: #1365713

User image

Veteran
Limerick, Ireland
saling4 - 2008-04-28 1:38 PM

Congrats on the great trip Ceade. The 305 sounds like fun. The hardest thing about smoking and doing this is where or how to carry them on a long run. All the tobacco comes out from the jostling...LOL. Work out hard and you will get the junk out of your lungs and QUIT SMOKING!!! I know I am a hypocrite, but an honest one.

Thanks Saling- well most of the time I'm very good. Even when we go to watch rugby in a pub I have no cigarettes cravings so I dunno what happened. After the first night I felt so rotten I sweared I won't touch them again but I gave in. Well back home now so it should all get back to normal.

I'm very excited about this watch- it has GPS in case I get lost and has a virtual partner- you set up your target speed and your virtual buddy runs with that speed so it's another great motivation- it would be a bit embarrasing to be slower than "him/her"
2008-04-28 7:23 PM

User image

Champion
Henderson NV

If I ever get beat by the "virtual" racer I think I would go berserk.  I have to be able to beat someone sometime.

2008-04-28 11:17 PM
in reply to: #1365691

User image

Veteran
Dayton, OH
Cead_Mille_Failte - 2008-04-28 8:17 AM

Hi Everyone- so I'm back from Paris (last night) and a year older again (can't get used to the new number yet). Anyway, I had a BALL!!! Spent hours and hours walking around Paris - which I hope counts as "doing something"- and I honestly was wrecked at the end of each day. Other than that I had lots of delicious food- none of it really diet maybe apart from a chicken and rice salad I had for lunch once. Also drank lots of delicious and great quality wine which is so much cheaper over there-no wonder really. It was very warm few days (as opposed to Ireland as I was told) so I drank lots of water but I know all I can expect on Wednesday is a massive weight gain. I even considered no reporting my weight this week (again) but I should face the reality and start working on it. Today I'm trying to get all the "after holidays" issue sorted (eg mountains of laundry) but tomorrow I'm back in the gym. There is one more thing I need to confess- I was somking like mad over there. If I had a bit of support I probably wouldn't but on the other hand I should know better myself and not blame my company for that. Anyway, I know it'll be tough in the gym tomorrow after good few days of break and all those cigarettes (Saling how are you doing this?) but it's time to get down to work. I just got a Garmin Forerunner 305 watch (birthday gift) so this is my motivation- prove I'm worth it.

I know I'm a bit late for that but I'd like to mention that I also LOVE reading. I can't fall asleep without reading at least one paragraph. Recently I've been reading Umberto Ecco- he's a famous Italian writer, philospher and linguist. I rarely read "girly books" (maybe two a year) and only if they're ironic (like me ) and funny.

Sounds like you had a blast! and happy birthday. Glad to see things went well, despite the cigarettes... You'll get there, when you're ready it'll happen, I promise.

P.s Great avatar pix, is that background in Paris or Ireland? And now that you have one up, keep 'em coming!

2008-04-28 11:21 PM

User image

Veteran
Dayton, OH
I almost had a stroke today!!!! This morning I almost attacked my scale with a sledgehammer. It read 195.2. Don't know if it's water related though, I usually weigh in on an empty stomach and around noon, this was at 9am and right after I woke up so edema from sleeping might have produced an abundance of fluid in my tissues before balancing out. (I was a little puffy, and congested) I don't know, all in all I was devestated. But nothing like a cold shower shock to get you back to the TRI lifestyle.
2008-04-28 11:23 PM
in reply to: #1368382

User image

Veteran
Dayton, OH
i146q - 2008-04-29 12:17 AM

P.s Great avatar pix, is that background in Paris or Ireland?

Nevermind I see it was in paris
2008-04-29 6:46 AM
in reply to: #1368382

User image

Veteran
Limerick, Ireland
i146q - 2008-04-29 5:17 AM

Cead_Mille_Failte - 2008-04-28 8:17 AM

Sounds like you had a blast! and happy birthday. Glad to see things went well, despite the cigarettes... You'll get there, when you're ready it'll happen, I promise.

P.s Great avatar pix, is that background in Paris or Ireland? And now that you have one up, keep 'em coming!

I hope I'll manage to stop smoking for good one day. Glad you liked my pic It took me hours of considrations like these: Do I look very fat? OMG my face is like a full moon! etc, etc..... And yes it's in Paris- just outside the hotel we stayed in and we were just on the way for dinner.... delicious memories

My new running/ biking watch arrived yesterday- it's absolutely massive- wearing it is nearly like ading weights to your workout The manual that came with it is nealry a novel so I guess this will be my bedtime reading for a few days
2008-04-29 1:30 PM
in reply to: #1368551

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicagoland
Cead_Mille_Failte - 2008-04-29 6:46 AM

I hope I'll manage to stop smoking for good one day. Glad you liked my pic It took me hours of considrations like these: Do I look very fat? OMG my face is like a full moon! etc, etc..... And yes it's in Paris- just outside the hotel we stayed in and we were just on the way for dinner.... delicious memories

My new running/ biking watch arrived yesterday- it's absolutely massive- wearing it is nearly like ading weights to your workout The manual that came with it is nealry a novel so I guess this will be my bedtime reading for a few days

I know what you mean about wanting to quit smoking for good. My goal to quit smoking didn't quite work. Neither did the drinking more water. I have managed to be locked in a room for close to 2 weeks that is riddled with all sorts of junk food and have only slipped up a few times. One word...Doritos. I can't help myself really. But compared to this time last year, I would have loaded up on the junk food. I did get on the scale today (even though I know it plays mind games with me on Tuesdays) and I'm at 218 which is down 1.5 from whenever I officially weighed in last time.

I just have to keep repeating 'baby steps...baby steps...'
2008-04-29 1:34 PM

User image

Champion
Henderson NV

I must say that not smoking is the HARDEST thing I have ever tried and I have tried a few times before.   I just need to get back  to trying again and again.

Kappie:  My downfall is if my wife leaves cookies out.  I will walk by and eat one and then walk by and eat one.  Pretty soon "What happened to all the cookies?". 

2008-04-29 6:02 PM
in reply to: #1365691

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Oh, to be in Paris.  Isn't the food & wine just wonderful.....Hopefully you walked so much you walked off a ton of weight!  And I hear ya on the reading before bed thing.  No matter how tipsy I am, I still need to eke out a paragraph or two before closing my eyes.

Wait, I think that was an admission against interest:  being tipsy, I mean

Edited by travljini 2008-04-29 6:03 PM
2008-04-29 10:03 PM
in reply to: #1368551

User image

Veteran
Dayton, OH
Cead_Mille_Failte - 2008-04-29 7:46 AM

What I've had to do is take it in stages... Cause like Saling, I've tried many, many times. It seems like this is it though for me... After being on the gum several times, this last attempt seems to be working, where before I would stay on it for like 2 maybe 3 wks, then start smoking again. But, it's been since Father's Day of last yr that I smoked religiously. And I'm adding some leeway to my attempt, because I slipped here and there, but I kept with it this time. I think in the past 9-10 months I've had the equivalent of maybe a pack (~ 20 cigarettes or less). Now if only I could get off this darn gum!!! So if anything, I've beaten the physical psychological addiction with needing to hold a cigarette, but the physical addiction is a terrible, terrible beast!.
Now to some of your other comments, NO NO NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO, you do not look fat, in fact far from it. And you're very pretty, NO moonface, I promise.

I have a b-day coming up too. And my present is in a Delivery truck about 70 mi. from my house. I should get it by tomorrow or the day after. It's that Dell Laptop I mentioned a few wks back. It's finally so close I can taste it.
2008-04-29 10:08 PM
in reply to: #1368384

User image

Veteran
Dayton, OH
i146q - 2008-04-29 12:21 AM

I almost had a stroke today!!!! This morning I almost attacked my scale with a sledgehammer. It read 195.2. Don't know if it's water related though, I usually weigh in on an empty stomach and around noon, this was at 9am and right after I woke up so edema from sleeping might have produced an abundance of fluid in my tissues before balancing out. (I was a little puffy, and congested) I don't know, all in all I was devestated. But nothing like a cold shower shock to get you back to the TRI lifestyle.

I have some great news, I weighed in this morning, at my usual ritual time (because my body's used to it I guess) and I was at 189.8 . Almost a 5 1/2 lb drop in 24 hrs. I was seriously freekin' out though. I guess this early weigh-in means I'll be up tomorrow... I also did a 2.5 mi. sprint today on the bike (running errands), pretty proud of that.
2008-04-30 12:15 AM

User image

Champion
Henderson NV
Well Josh,  I do believe you win the most drastic overnight weight change award.  I still believe that those drastic changes are water and nothing else.
2008-04-30 12:50 AM

User image

Master
hiding in your closet
I AM A LAZY P.O.S.

i am soooo disappointed in myself!!!!! i have had two rather nice days here and what did i do, nothing, nadda, zero, zilch. could have ridden could have run. but no i lounged around the house thinkin i should do something consrtuctive but yet, do i? nooooo!!! this sucks.

2008-04-30 2:19 AM

User image

Master
brummie land

last week: 145.6

this week: 147.8 - up because of bad food choices these past few days. got a severe case of the cba's at the moment, and it's footie night tonight - pizza, beer, dips, pringles, ice cream etc tom also i think.

should be back to normal next week. good luck to everybody else

2008-04-30 4:34 AM
in reply to: #1371304

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan

I sorta tend to agree with Saling, Josh, about the drastic overnight numbers, but hey I'd take my motivation any way I can.

I almost abstained weighing this week due to being at  a business conference since Thursday.  I was like a pig at a trough with constant displays of food.

BUT........................then I remembered it's when I skip one week weighing, then the next and then the next and then BOOM, it's 10 lbs. later.

Actually it wasn't so bad:  141.  I can't remember last week. I know I'm up though

2008-04-30 4:57 AM

Montreal, QC
last 148.4

this 146.6

I had expected it to have gone up since I've been feeling like a fat cow these past few days... oh well, go me! lol
2008-04-30 8:16 AM

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
Today: 144.8

Last week: 142.8 (+2)

Well, I met my goal for the month (less than 145), even if I'm higher than I was last week...I'm retaining water and had a bad eating weekend - so it isn't unexpected. I'm still happy to be consistently below 145 for the end of the month.

Goal for next month - oh, heck - let's say 140.
2008-04-30 8:32 AM

User image

Champion
Henderson NV

Last:  151.4

Today:  151.2

Down : .2 

2008-04-30 8:41 AM
in reply to: #1371319

User image

Champion
Henderson NV
I know the feeling Comet.  Except mine went on for two weeks,  but I am almost back 100% to my normal obnoxious self.  Hang in there buddy it will get better.
2008-04-30 8:43 AM
in reply to: #1371595

User image

Champion
Henderson NV
EndersL  Your avg weight is down 4 lbs since Jan.  quite inpressive.  I will put 140 as your goal and hold you to it.  When is the vacation?
2008-04-30 8:46 AM
in reply to: #1371357

User image

Champion
Henderson NV
Steph:  Great job.  Sometimes the scale can be our friend.  Not often, but sometimes.
2008-04-30 8:48 AM
in reply to: #1371351

User image

Champion
Henderson NV
Trav:  For as bad as you were making it sound you are up a whopping .5 lbs.  I think that is a great accomplishment after feeding from a trough.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Team Skinny (April Pleasures) Rss Feed  

of 22