General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMMOO-Who are we and how's the training going. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2008-07-08 12:40 PM

User image

Elite
Subject: IMMOO-Who are we and how's the training going.

I guess I'm just getting a little anxious for the big day and didn't think IMWI was getting much talk lately.  Always like to hear from people who will be at the race and maybe get to know them a little better.  Since I started this thread I guess that means I go first.

My real name is Bryan Logue and I have been doing triathlons for 3 years now. I have a very supportive wife (Kelly) who also tri's and has done one half with another on the schedule for the year.  My two kids Nik and Aly are also constant support systems. I live just south of the Metro area of Minneapolis and St. Paul.  Since joining BT I have met so many great people both in person and on-line.  These people are a constant source of support, friendship, and an occasional kick in the butt. 

Training for me has been great.  I truly look forward to almost every training day.  I chose to follow the BT Intermiediate 20 week IM plan and it has worked out really well.  The rest days have come at the right times and my body really seems to be responding well.  Knock on wood, I have been completely injury free since starting the 2 BT programs I have been on.  As we get closer and closer to the big day I hope to make contact with more of you IMMOO'ers as time goes on.  To me nothing makes a race better than to constantly see familiar friendly faces.  Please feel free to stop by my blog at anytime and say hi.  How will you know me at MOO?  I'll probably be the only guy wearing a pimped out tri top with a big smiling pig face on the front and back.  Divine Swine Catering racing team-thats me

Anyone else?

2008-07-08 2:21 PM
in reply to: #1514716

User image

Veteran
Oak Park, IL
Subject: RE: IMMOO-Who are we and how's the training going.
Hey Bryan and other IMWIers! Can't believe we are just 61 days from race day. It is starting to creep up fast.

My real name is Deanna (pronounced Dena) and I am from just west (about four blocks) of Chicago. So far training has been going well. At least I think it is going well. I have a personal coach and have been real consistent in getting all of my workouts in. In the early spring, I had a large run focus and have spend the last month or so in a bike heavy focus. Swimming is my strong suit so I have just been maintaining in that sport. The next weeks will be spent pulling it all together. I have remained almost 100% injury free. I was having a bit of hip flexor pain but a few ART sessions cleared that up. The ART sessions have also lead to a great improvement in my running as I am much more flexible. Guess we will see how training is going next week at Racine.

Mentally I am hanging in there. I was just telling someone that I have yet to have my annual early season breakdown and I hope it stays that way. I just need to stop reading blogs and posts on ST about all of these folks who have already put in 5000 century rides and a million 80 mile rides and believe in my plan.

Good luck to everyone in our last few big training weeks!

2008-07-08 2:30 PM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

Hi, my name is 1TT and am not racing this year, but will be supporting as much as I can throughout the day.  Waiting at the finish line with some other Donkeys and catching you finishers will be the highlight of my day!

Good luck, IM Moo participants!

Don't forget to post your bib numbers for us!

2008-07-08 2:39 PM

User image

Master
Tiger's Den

Hello all! My name is Suzanne Schlotterback I am now an IM Mooer formerly an IM CDA'er but due to a bike crash during taper and a broken collar bone I was forced to get my community fund slot changed to IM Moo.

This is my 3rd year racing and I have a coach. She will be racing with me at IM Moo as well as with another local tri friend. I was completely trained and ready for CDA but had to take a 2 week vacation from training after my crash. At the 2 week point I started back up with trainer rides, aquajogging, elliptical, and lots of one arm swimming and kicking to try and maintain my fitness. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow to be re-xrayed, approximately 4 weeks post crash. If the ortho (who is a triatlete himself who trains with my coach) gives me the ok, I'll be back on the road riding and running this weekend.

For CDA I had time goals. I wanted to beat 15 hours. Now with my shoulder issues, I just want to finish. I will likely only have about 4 weeks in the pool using both arms to get race ready, so I anticipate being much slower. Hopefully my run and my bike won't have suffered, though I've yet to ride and run outside so it's still unknown at this point.

Can't wait to meet mndiver and the other BT peeps that are racing!

2008-07-08 9:22 PM

User image

Expert
Wind Lake WI

I'm Craig and will be doing Moo for the second time. I'm waiting for Birkierunner to post the weather forcast for 9/7.  Jim????? We;er waiting

For the first timers: enjoy the final build weeks, trust your training, and make it a point to enjoy the day. It's a great experience.

See you in September.

2008-07-09 12:40 PM

User image

Master
, Minnesota
I'm Jeff and I will be doing Moo for the 2nd time (07). I was fortunate to have Bryan and his lovely bride do my wetsuit stripping last Sept.

Training for 08 has been going well. I've got a coach and have been following the plan since the base phase started back in Nov. No real injuries to speak of, just general fatigue here and there as volume has increased.

Training for Moo has been a little tougher this year than last as I'm not working part time during the training. I've found that having that extra flexibility in schedule made it easier on me and my spouse. I'm sure diamonds of some sort will help make it up to her.

Good luck peeps and if all goes as planned I'll meet a few more of you in Sept.

2008-07-09 6:49 PM

User image

Expert
Wellington, North Island
I'm Kelly (as the screen name would give away) and I live in Chicago. This is my first Ironman and I'm surviving the training. I hit a wall the last week or so, but I'll pull through.

I just rode the loop of the course for the first time last weekend and have lots to ponder for race day strategies since the bike is my weakest sport. I'll be back up the weekend of August 2-3 to ride the entire course and finalize the plan.

I've also met some incredible people through BT and several of them will be up in Madison cheering for us on race day. I can't wait!!
2008-07-10 8:54 AM
in reply to: #1518859

User image

Veteran
Oak Park, IL
I am also planning on heading out to ride the entire course on the weekend of Aug 2-3. Let me know closer as you finalize plans as I would love to meet up before, during, or after the ride. I will likely drive up the night before I ride and stay near Madison.

Deanna

MissKelly - 2008-07-09 6:49 PM

I just rode the loop of the course for the first time last weekend and have lots to ponder for race day strategies since the bike is my weakest sport. I'll be back up the weekend of August 2-3 to ride the entire course and finalize the plan.

2008-07-10 10:00 AM
in reply to: #1518859

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

MissKelly - 2008-07-09 6:49 PM I'm Kelly (as the screen name would give away) and I live in Chicago. This is my first Ironman and I'm surviving the training. I hit a wall the last week or so, but I'll pull through. I just rode the loop of the course for the first time last weekend and have lots to ponder for race day strategies since the bike is my weakest sport. I'll be back up the weekend of August 2-3 to ride the entire course and finalize the plan. I've also met some incredible people through BT and several of them will be up in Madison cheering for us on race day. I can't wait!!

I wish I would have caught you this past Sun. when I saw Whizzzzz.  She said you were out there, but I didn't see ya.  Hope you were okay.

2008-07-10 10:46 AM

User image

Veteran
Broomfield, Colorado
I'm Brian (shocking, I know) and I'll be doing Moo for the second time. First was in '06, so I'm hoping for better weather and for my own running shoes to be available at T2.

Training continues to go well, although life gets in the way here and there. I've been relatively injury free, and having a wife that is in school to become a chiropractor has certainly had it's benefits, since I've been the guinea pig on many occasions.

I've got two races left before September - Chisago half and Turtleman. I'm using Chisago as an opportunity to dial in the nutrition and figure out what to focus on for the last couple weeks of big volume, and Turtleman is just for fun.

59 days and counting - that doesn't seem like very much time, does it?

Good luck and healthy training to all!
2008-07-10 11:18 AM

User image

Master
Atlanta, Ga
I did Moo last year, am not scheduled for this year, but wanted to say that you guys are in for a treat. It was by far, the best racing experience of my life. Moo get's less talk in BT.. maybe because it's perceived as a more difficult course and fewer BT'ers do it than do a race like.. FL, or AZ. Doesn't change it's popularity on a international level though. The race sells out in minutes. I might try for an 09 entry.

Good luck to all of you. It an Awesome experience.

2008-07-10 1:52 PM

Regular
Hi, My name is Patty from Breckenridge Colorado.

IMMOO will hopefully be my first full distance triathlon. In 2006 I attempted Silverman (great race if anyone is ever thinking of doing it/lots of good support for a difficult course) but did not make the bike cutoff. I am definitely slow at all 3 disciplines but I am most nervous about making the bike cutoff. I've heard how much the run hurts but the only way for me to know that for myself is to make the bike cutoff.

Any way, my training is going well. Getting most of my workouts in. I struggle the most with getting my weight workouts in. I do think they are important but they are also my least favorite.

I had 2 thumb surgeries back in January and then again in February. It was amazing how much a small thing like that put my training on hold. During the surgery weeks I did next to nothing but other than that I managed to get in some workouts. Fortunately the meat of my program really didn't start until March.

Did a Century ride and a 1/2 marathon in June. Plan on doing another Century in 2 weeks and then a 1/2 ironman on August 10th and then it will just be 4 weeks until the ironman. Where has the time gone.

Good luck to all and hope to meet some of you in Wisconsin!
2008-07-10 1:53 PM

User image

Expert

Yo. Im Rob and training's going good. I did IMWI last year and looking forward to racing this year as well

Sorry, busy at work trying to get everything done before taking off for the weekend.  Work is for schmucks if you ask me.  Id rather be outside.

2008-07-10 2:56 PM

User image

Master
I am Joe from IL. It’s been a pretty difficult year with some significant medical issues. For the most part, they are behind me and I am looking forward to racing at IMMOO. Training has been kind of crazy. A few more high mileage weekends coming up and then it's all downhill from there.

I am also planning on riding the course over the weekend of Aug 2nd & 3rd. I have someone coming to support my ride since my bike will only hold so much… We are staying the weekend and will probably try to get in a swim and run as well.
2008-07-10 3:00 PM

User image

Elite
Chicago

Hi, my name is Steve (big surprise right?) and I've been at this triathlon game for 12 years.  Did IMWI 05 and IMAZ 06.

Training sucks (as usual for me this time in the season) and I'm doing my best to maximize my time with a little 6 month old, a wife who doesn't want me to do another Ironman in my life (ha ha ha) and me, who currently hates the time I'm missing out from watching my little guy grow up.  Each day is so precious and i wish I could spend more time with him.

HOWEVER, I made a committment to raise money for charity and do 2 Ironmans in 1 Week so don't cry for me Argentina...I will slug through the training and hopefully accomplish something i think I may very well be one of the more challenging things I'll do up to this point in my life.

Training is going well.  I'm working with a coach, same coach since 2004.  My bike training is great as I'm doing a ton of LT work, which makes riding fun since I get to go fast.     my runs are good but having trouble sometimes recovering from them quickly enough so I've incorporated electrostimulation into my training; which seems to be helping but I've only been using it for 5 weeks so it's still too early to tell.

I'm pretty happy with my swim as my stroke is much better this year and my times have come down with much less time in the water than previous IM training.

I only have about 1 more build block before my taper so every workout counts 110% now.

I'm not signing up for an IM next year because the opportunity cost for me is just too high.  I really miss my son and next year he'll be talking so I want to be around as much as possible to enjoy that.  I think next year I'll focus mostly on cycling races with a 1/2 marathon and marathon to mix it up a bit.  I really want to get stronger on the bike so when I do another IM, my bike split will have a 5 in front of it.   

2008-07-10 3:06 PM

User image

Expert
Wellington, North Island
Steve!!!

2008-07-10 5:46 PM

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro
I'm Jim.  I chase Rob (pseudoyams).
2008-07-10 7:38 PM

User image

Expert
NW Suburbs, Illinois

Hi.  I am Scott.  I chase Jim.  And Rob.  Heh.

Looking forward to meeting y'all.   Training is going good.  I am looking forward to doing SOR to break up the monotony, though. 

2008-07-10 8:47 PM
in reply to: #1521091

User image

Elite
Chicago

MissKelly - 2008-07-10 3:06 PM Steve!!!

Hi Kelly!! 

2008-07-11 6:22 AM

User image

Master
West Bend, WI

Hey all

Im Tammy.  Training is going OK I guess.  I should probaly get serious soon- huh?

Im looking forward to Spirit of Racine next weekend though for sure!

I may also be on the course the 2cnd or 3rd

Happy Training!

2008-07-11 2:49 PM

User image

Expert
Illinois _ Chicago area
Hi all,
I'm Susie and this will be my first IM. I have SOR in a week. Training is going OK i guess. I don't have a coach, am following the BT intermediate IM plan, plus throwing in some extra stuff. Have done 2 century rides so far, 1/2 marathon, and tomorrow I'll be doing a 2 mile open water swim
Strength training is what seems to be the hardest for me to fit in (time and motivation).
I've been trying to read and educate myself as best I can. I hope to get in a ride up in Madison sometime soon, perhaps the first weekend in August 2/3, which I see is the date some of you are planning on going.
Looking forward to perhaps meeting some fellow BTers.

2008-07-13 8:25 PM

User image

Regular
Wadidiz? I'm Paul. This will be my first IM. Everything was going well until a couple of weeks ago when I developed some inside knee pain while running. Long story short, I have some sort of bursitis and am on a steady diet of advil and ice. I missed this weekend's Muncie HIM but today I ran 10 with no problems so I feeling pretty good. It only hurts when I run and I did a spring marathon and I am hoping that my run base will carry. Who knows? I have been concentrating on getting bike miles all year because, in no uncertain terms, I suck at cycling. I am excited for this race and I may go up next weekend (from Indiana) and ride the course!!!

-Paul

2008-07-13 10:30 PM

User image

Master
Tiger's Den
I spent 6:10 on the trainer this weekend, with another hour planned for tomorrow. Folks, keep your fingers crossed that the doc clears me to ride outside next weekend. That was not fun!
2008-07-14 9:09 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
McHenry, IL

"My name is Steve, and I'm a Moo-aholic."  I'm going back for IMWI #7.

Training has been less then ideal, but that's typical for me, so I guess everything is right on track ;-)

Started my season this year venturing into the world of trail ultrarunning.  Did a 50K in Apr, a 50 miler in May, and a 100K in June.  That all went well, except it left me shy on bike mileage, and suffering the effects of Achilles pain, which is a recurring problem for me.  So, I've done practically no running since early June.  Kind of an all or nothing year for me in the running department.

I've been winging it on my training plan even more than usual for me.  I don't really so much have a plan at all this year.  Just fitting stuff in around the rest of my life when time allows.  Been more busy than usual with work, trying to spend as much time as possible with my wife and 4 year old son, and getting ready for a baby girl to arrive soon.  Well, actually she's due to arrive on Sept. 8th, the day after IM.  Depending on when that all plays out, this little race may or may not even be in the cards for me this year.  We'll see.  I'm hoping to able to race because my brother is racing, too...his first IM.

Should be an interesting couple of months ahead :-)

Take care, all...

-Steve 

2008-07-14 1:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Minnetonka, MN
My name is David, and I'm from Minnesota. I am doing MOO this year, and it will be my second triathlon ever, as I just completed the olympic distance Lifetime Fitness tri in Minneapolis this past weekend.

My training was going ok other than a shoulder separation that kinda killed the swim training. I left the wetsuit at home, and it took me 40 minutes to complete the swim, which is a lot slower than I had been swimming.

Oh, and my wife just delivered our first baby last Tuesday, so I have no idea how the rest of my training will go. Doing Lifetime with no sleep was an eye-opener. I am really, really glad that I don't have any time goals other than to finish and have fun!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMMOO-Who are we and how's the training going. Rss Feed  

of 3