General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wednesday Night TTL Run - East Side Cool style! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2008-11-18 3:45 PM
in reply to: #1815127

User image

Veteran
Phoenix
Subject: RE: Wednesday Night TTL Run - East Side Cool style!

sportyj - 2008-11-18 1:24 PM
robot - 2008-11-18 1:21 PM
StandsWithFist - 2008-11-18 12:59 PM So THERE Mr. Poopy no pay-attention head! Hahahaha!
You win the award for best riding the coat-tails of a rant ever!
That was rantalicious huh? Sorry Adam. I'm a feisty one today!

I smell what your stepping in Mrs. Feisty.  I am not complaining, just being whiny.  Just as you are feeling feisty, I am feeling whiny.  I am bummed about my foot problems.  The run is my favorite part of the sport.  So I will whine if I want too.   As for Tanya... you are like that kid that was never really cool but you stood behind the ones that were and when they spoke you would just say "yeah man"!  Come out from behind the shadow of Jen, and man up!  Or gurl up! hehe all meant with the deepest of affection.    

Edited by Adam0778 2008-11-18 3:47 PM

2008-11-18 3:53 PM
in reply to: #1815186

User image

Elite
Mesa, AZ
Adam0778 - 2008-11-18 1:45 PM

StandsWithFist - 2008-11-18 12:59 PM So THERE Mr. Poopy no pay-attention head! Hahahaha!

I smell what your stepping in Mrs. Feisty.  I am not complaining, just being whiny.  Just as you are feeling feisty, I am feeling whiny.  I am bummed about my foot problems.  The run is my favorite part of the sport.  So I will whine if I want too.   As for Tanya... you are like that kid that was never really cool but you stood behind the ones that were and when they spoke you would just say "yeah man"!  Come out from behind the shadow of Jen, and man up!  Or gurl up! hehe all meant with the deepest of affection.    

AHHH HA HA TANYA!!!! Luvs it.

OK honestly. PF is not a sentence to stop running. I am happy to show you how to tape, order some off of ebay (it doesn't have to be PINK, although if I tape you, it will be PINK!) . We'll get together for a lesson.

What kind of shoes are you wearing? You will most likely need some kind of insert. Most people swear by green superfeet for PF, I have to do blue as green is too much arch support for me because I do not have a major pronation problem. Are you wearing stability shoes? Do you pronate?

Have you heard of water running? I did that until my feet were not on FIRE anymore and was able to keep up my marathon mileage. If you want to borrow a flotation belt or tether cord lemme know.

MAIN THING: DO NOT STOP RUNNING! EVEN if it has to be in the water for a little bit! Injuries are depressing, but working through them is EMPOWERING!!! And learning the causes/ triggers of them is necessary to continue a lifetime in this sport!
2008-11-18 4:09 PM
in reply to: #1815202

User image

Veteran
Phoenix
sportyj - 2008-11-18 1:53 PM
Adam0778 - 2008-11-18 1:45 PM

AHHH HA HA TANYA!!!! Luvs it. OK honestly. PF is not a sentence to stop running. I am happy to show you how to tape, order some off of ebay (it doesn't have to be PINK, although if I tape you, it will be PINK!) . We'll get together for a lesson. What kind of shoes are you wearing? You will most likely need some kind of insert. Most people swear by green superfeet for PF, I have to do blue as green is too much arch support for me because I do not have a major pronation problem. Are you wearing stability shoes? Do you pronate? Have you heard of water running? I did that until my feet were not on FIRE anymore and was able to keep up my marathon mileage. If you want to borrow a flotation belt or tether cord lemme know. MAIN THING: DO NOT STOP RUNNING! EVEN if it has to be in the water for a little bit! Injuries are depressing, but working through them is EMPOWERING!!! And learning the causes/ triggers of them is necessary to continue a lifetime in this sport!

First of all, not only do I want pink, I demand Pink!  I wear Mizuno running shoes.  They really don't seem to have any arch support.  Tanya told me about the superfeet greens a while back.  Like an idiot I never got around to getting some.  (Sucks to having to admit Tanya was right).  What are stability shoes, and what is pronate?

My feet really are not hurting that bad when I run.  They actually feel quite well when I run.  I have been running allot more than I usually do recently, in prep for PF Changs.  What I am now finding is that when I stop running is when the pain creeps in.  The worst is getting up in the morning.  OMG that first step is a killer!!! So I have not been able to run in the mornings because I can barely walk, nevermind the running.  I will start by getting the superfeet greens ASAP.  Then I will come to a weekend run, and take a lesson on taping my feets.  Thanks Jen.  And shhh don't tell Tanya she was right. 

2008-11-18 4:24 PM
in reply to: #1768410

User image

Elite
Mesa, AZ
Adam - OMG Mizuno WaveRiders were what I was wearing when I developed PF, and you cannot put an insert in them, they are too shallow. First step - get thee to Road Runner or somewhere else to find out what you should be running in. IF YOU need a stability shoe, if you pronate/ supinate, etc. Thats the first start in getting healthy.

RunAZ has those strassburg socks, I have heard they are hit or miss but really may help you with that first step in the morning PAIN! (you sleep in it)

2008-11-18 4:27 PM

User image

Master
Wisteria Lane
I second getting your gait looked at.  It made a HUGE difference for me and the amount of pain I was feeling in my legs! 
2008-11-18 4:57 PM
in reply to: #1815275

User image

Veteran
Phoenix

sportyj - 2008-11-18 2:24 PM Adam - OMG Mizuno WaveRiders were what I was wearing when I developed PF, and you cannot put an insert in them, they are too shallow. First step - get thee to Road Runner or somewhere else to find out what you should be running in. IF YOU need a stability shoe, if you pronate/ supinate, etc. Thats the first start in getting healthy. RunAZ has those strassburg socks, I have heard they are hit or miss but really may help you with that first step in the morning PAIN! (you sleep in it)

Dude!  I want to wear that to work.  If I only get to wear it to bed then nobody else gets to see the sexyness of it.  That looks like a sure way to get a date! 

Will do, first stop, runners store.  I will try to make it tonight.  Second stop, sexy sox purchase! 

Edited by Adam0778 2008-11-18 4:57 PM

2008-11-18 5:07 PM

Pro
AZ

1) You're too sexy for those sox Adam!

b) I don't need you beeyotches to say I am right. I KNOW I am right.

3) Love and tranquility abound on BT via the aide of kinesio tape!

2008-11-18 5:55 PM

User image

Master
Peoria, AZ (Near Lake Pleasant)

For the record - I am done after November 23rd so my opinion will not matter to the ESCKTC. 

However; I will still be making several Wed night TTL appearances (just not this week) as I prepare for Sedona in Feb.

I realize many of you have your hearts set on a flat, hot, paved run at PF Changs, but for those looking to have at least 40-50% dirt running on your Mary I suggest Sedona.  Issue is elevation and not flat or hot (snow on shoulders last year).

I also plan on a recovery run the following weekend at AJ's Lost Dutchman.  Dirt, one hill, and incline and pavement makes it a mixed bag.

Just offering my 2 pennies.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wednesday Night TTL Run - East Side Cool style! Rss Feed  

of 4