Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The Bachelor- Final Rose (spoiler) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2009-03-04 4:12 PM
in reply to: #1997547

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
Subject: RE: The Bachelor- Final Rose (spoiler)
Indiana_Geoff - 2009-03-04 4:05 PM

Jason is a pig.

But no different from every pig who has been on the show.  Face it, after a month of eating at an all you can eat girl buffet, is it any wonder that the Bachelor is ruined when he has to sit down to grilled cheese for the rest of his life?

Don't forget the pigette's on "The Bachelorette". 

2009-03-04 7:58 PM
in reply to: #1997547

User image

Elite
Indiana_Geoff - 2009-03-04 5:05 PM

Jason is a pig.

But no different from every pig who has been on the show.  Face it, after a month of eating at an all you can eat girl buffet, is it any wonder that the Bachelor is ruined when he has to sit down to grilled cheese for the rest of his life?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. If you really watched the show all the way through, I think you'd have a different (more informed) opinion.

If he really was "a pig" like you described him, he'd have had pizza with every single one of 'em.
Trust me, I've seen the other Bachelor shows, and some of them I couldn't get past just a few episodes...there really were jerks out there. Jason did the right thing.

Thanks Hooslisa for explaining why he had to do the break-up on-air. It was contractual.

• .btw, I'm absolutely certain Jason won't have to "settle for grilled cheese." The dude's a rock star now...even though I'm sure he didn't plan it that way. I wish him all the best with Molly.

• ...and yeah, I'm psyched Jillian is the next Bachelorette! She seems really cool.
    2009-03-04 8:04 PM
    in reply to: #1995225

Subject: ...
    This user's post has been ignored.
    2009-03-05 7:54 AM
    in reply to: #1998007

Champion
    Urbandale, IA
    ChineseDemocracy - 2009-03-04 7:58 PM

Jason is a pig.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. If you really watched the show all the way through, I think you'd have a different (more informed) opinion. If he really was "a pig" like you described him, he'd have had pizza with every single one of 'em. Trust me, I've seen the other Bachelor shows, and some of them I couldn't get past just a few episodes...there really were jerks out there. Jason did the right thing. Thanks Hooslisa for explaining why he had to do the break-up on-air. It was contractual. ..btw, I'm absolutely certain Jason won't have to "settle for grilled cheese." The dude's a rock star now...even though I'm sure he didn't plan it that way. I wish him all the best with Molly. ...and yeah, I'm psyched Jillian is the next Bachelorette! She seems really cool.

I understand that you are a fan and so is my wife and daughter, and so I watch it as well, though generally doing something else while it is on in the background.  I think we are all missing the point.  There is nothing in any contract that the "Bachelor" or "Bachelorette" has to propose.  As a matter of fact, as you well know, there have been some that have said, I'm not going to propose, but I want to see how things work out with you.  There was that one d'bag - can't remember his name - from Texas that didn't pick either girl. 

So - here is my issue with Jason.  He sends Molly away, and if we are to believe what we see on TV - which we have no reason not to, really, except our own personal cynicisms - he is absolutely crushed when he does it.  He then goes out and 15 minutes - an hour - two hours later, he proposes to someone.  IMO - and maybe I'm just old-fashioned - if you are crushed about telling one girl that you can't see her anymore - you prolly ought not be proposing to anyone anytime soon.  That's my issue here.  The guy was obviously conflicted.  He admits that.  If you don't know who you are going to propose to on Tuesday between two different people - then you should not be proposing to one of them on Wednesday.  It speaks to the devaluation of marriage in our society.  When I proposed to my wife, I was quite certain that she was the person that I wanted to be married to.  Still am.  There was certainly a time when, if asked, I would have said that I thought I would like to marry her, but I did not ask her until I KNEW she was the person that I wanted to marry.  That is the difference between Jason (and all of the other jackasses that have been on this show) and me.  They are "rock stars" and I am just a level headed guy that doesn't need the world to watch me find my bride.

As for Melissa's parents?  Bravo.  They realized the dog and pony show that their daughter was involved in.  They realized, probably through experience and wisdom, that you cannot fall in love with someone in those condition that quickly, enough to get married, and they chose not to have the first meeting of their possible future son in law videotaped and broadcast to all of America.  Excellent choice.  It doesn't make them worse parents, it makes them better parents.

Of course, this is all my opinion and YMMV.

2009-03-05 9:08 AM
    in reply to: #1998681

Modesto, California
    jdwright56 - 2009-03-05 5:54 AM

Jason is a pig.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. If you really watched the show all the way through, I think you'd have a different (more informed) opinion. If he really was "a pig" like you described him, he'd have had pizza with every single one of 'em. Trust me, I've seen the other Bachelor shows, and some of them I couldn't get past just a few episodes...there really were jerks out there. Jason did the right thing. Thanks Hooslisa for explaining why he had to do the break-up on-air. It was contractual. ..btw, I'm absolutely certain Jason won't have to "settle for grilled cheese." The dude's a rock star now...even though I'm sure he didn't plan it that way. I wish him all the best with Molly. ...and yeah, I'm psyched Jillian is the next Bachelorette! She seems really cool.

I understand that you are a fan and so is my wife and daughter, and so I watch it as well, though generally doing something else while it is on in the background.  I think we are all missing the point.  There is nothing in any contract that the "Bachelor" or "Bachelorette" has to propose.  As a matter of fact, as you well know, there have been some that have said, I'm not going to propose, but I want to see how things work out with you.  There was that one d'bag - can't remember his name - from Texas that didn't pick either girl. 

So - here is my issue with Jason.  He sends Molly away, and if we are to believe what we see on TV - which we have no reason not to, really, except our own personal cynicisms - he is absolutely crushed when he does it.  He then goes out and 15 minutes - an hour - two hours later, he proposes to someone.  IMO - and maybe I'm just old-fashioned - if you are crushed about telling one girl that you can't see her anymore - you prolly ought not be proposing to anyone anytime soon.  That's my issue here.  The guy was obviously conflicted.  He admits that.  If you don't know who you are going to propose to on Tuesday between two different people - then you should not be proposing to one of them on Wednesday.  It speaks to the devaluation of marriage in our society.  When I proposed to my wife, I was quite certain that she was the person that I wanted to be married to.  Still am.  There was certainly a time when, if asked, I would have said that I thought I would like to marry her, but I did not ask her until I KNEW she was the person that I wanted to marry.  That is the difference between Jason (and all of the other jackasses that have been on this show) and me.  They are "rock stars" and I am just a level headed guy that doesn't need the world to watch me find my bride.

As for Melissa's parents?  Bravo.  They realized the dog and pony show that their daughter was involved in.  They realized, probably through experience and wisdom, that you cannot fall in love with someone in those condition that quickly, enough to get married, and they chose not to have the first meeting of their possible future son in law videotaped and broadcast to all of America.  Excellent choice.  It doesn't make them worse parents, it makes them better parents.

Good parents,bad contestant. Melissa mislead Jason, her parent were never ok with her on that show and that should have DQ'ed her as a candidate. When Jason realized he would not be welcomed into Melissa's family he quickly put an end to it without any game playing. Melissa is clearly too youg for him, she projects an attitude that they were married, far from it!  I got the feeling Melissa felt awesome about getting chosen but had difficulties moving on to the relationship part off camera and no longer had to compete, this might have shown a side of her Jason probably did not care for. 

2009-03-05 9:26 AM
    in reply to: #1998886

Champion
    Philly 'burbs
    nevergivin - 2009-03-05 10:08 AM
    jdwright56 - 2009-03-05 5:54 AM

Jason is a pig.

Good parents,bad contestant. Melissa mislead Jason, her parent were never ok with her on that show and that should have DQ'ed her as a candidate. When Jason realized he would not be welcomed into Melissa's family he quickly put an end to it without any game playing. Melissa is clearly too youg for him, she projects an attitude that they were married, far from it!  I got the feeling Melissa felt awesome about getting chosen but had difficulties moving on to the relationship part off camera and no longer had to compete, this might have shown a side of her Jason probably did not care for. 

First, I'm with JD. How anyone can think highly of this man is beyond me. To hell with the show and contractual obligations; how can one person be genuinely romantically involved with so many women all at the same time? That reeks of insincerity.

As to the "bad contestant" comment; that show is all about ratings and water cooler buzz and she created tons of it. What better contestant could the producers want? IMO, anyone who goes on a show like that has questionable motives at best, and I salute Melissa's parents for not getting into one of the rings of that circus.

2009-03-05 9:41 AM
    in reply to: #1995225

Champion
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I find it hilarious that the people who are coming down on the people involved are the ones who didn't watch the show to begin with and just want to make snap judgments based on their perception of the show's premise.

Regarding Melissa's parents-- you know what, folks? As parents, we often do things we may not necessarily enjoy or approve of for the sake of our children's happiness. Is it really such a big deal to meet a guy your daughter really likes in front of a camera? They could even say they don't approve of the process on camera and express their concern at every opportunity.

All they're being asked to do is meet the guy. It's not like their daughter is then going to elope with him right afterward. They still would have had plenty of time to speak with their daughter afterward, express any concerns, or encourage her to enjoy a nice long engagement before actually marrying him. It's not that big of a deal that they had to take some sort of "moral stand" against the show.

2009-03-05 9:58 AM
    in reply to: #1998992

Champion
    Urbandale, IA

scoobysdad - 2009-03-05 9:41 AM I find it hilarious that the people who are coming down on the people involved are the ones who didn't watch the show to begin with and just want to make snap judgments based on their perception of the show's premise. Regarding Melissa's parents-- you know what, folks? As parents, we often do things we may not necessarily enjoy or approve of for the sake of our children's happiness. Is it really such a big deal to meet a guy your daughter really likes in front of a camera? They could even say they don't approve of the process on camera and express their concern at every opportunity. All they're being asked to do is meet the guy. It's not like their daughter is then going to elope with him right afterward. They still would have had plenty of time to speak with their daughter afterward, express any concerns, or encourage her to enjoy a nice long engagement before actually marrying him. It's not that big of a deal that they had to take some sort of "moral stand" against the show.

Said the film maker. 

2009-03-05 10:04 AM

Champion
    the colony texas

Heck for all we know Mellissa parents might have a real reason totally unrelated to the show for not going on TV.   If publice speaking is cited as the number one fear for people, I'd think being on TV would qualify for that.  I"m not saying that they are in the witness protection program or anything but I'd bet there are a lot of people that dont' really want to be on TV.  Two people I know were on reality shows and while for them it was a great experience, they are people that like attention,  I really doubt that if one of them asked for me to be on a part of the show with them that I'd say yes,, it's just too much hassle and collateral damage to other parts of life for me.   IMHO....

They (ABC) has reported that Jason's contract read that he must keep them updated about his relationship until the final airing.  NOT that he had to break up with her on the air... He could have broken up with her the night before in private, informed them on the air what happened and then pursued Molly.   I'm not sure if Melissa has a seperate contract as the final choice.. obviously she can't revel that she is the choice, but i'm thinking in terms of updating ABC on the air.

2009-03-05 1:15 PM
    in reply to: #1993511

Modesto, California
    2009-03-05 1:16 PM
    in reply to: #1999597

Champion
    Menomonee Falls, WI
    nevergivin - 2009-03-05 1:15 PM

Apparently Melissa is making the rounds now !

Can you even begin to imagine what the next poor bastard who dates her is in for?

2009-03-05 2:01 PM

Veteran

scoobysdad - 2009-03-05 9:41 AM I find it hilarious that the people who are coming down on the people involved are the ones who didn't watch the show to begin with and just want to make snap judgments based on their perception of the show's premise. 

I "saw" 2/3rds of this one while I was setting beside my wife and I have seen 2/3'rds of every season.

The Bachelor breeds pigs.  The Bachelorette is less likely to do so.  It is because of the difference between men and women in the search for a mate. 

2009-03-05 7:07 PM
    in reply to: #1999055

Elite
    Gaarryy - 2009-03-05 11:04 AM

They (ABC) has reported that Jason's contract read that he must keep them updated about his relationship until the final airing.  NOT that he had to break up with her on the air... He could have broken up with her the night before in private, informed them on the air what happened and then pursued Molly.   I'm not sure if Melissa has a seperate contract as the final choice.. obviously she can't revel that she is the choice, but i'm thinking in terms of updating ABC on the air.

I hate to disappoint you Gaarryy...in Melissa's own words on the Ellen Show:

"I knew on the night After the Final Rose [aired], I wasn't getting dumped. We had already ended the relationship and that was mutual."

btw, Melissa's already with another guy (ironically named Ty...the name of Jason's son) who she has been with off and on with for a couple years...off and on again for a couple years...off and on again for a couple years. Sorry folks, something doesn't add up with this chick. Jason's getting skewered, called a pig by one poster here repeatedly, because he proposed to the wrong woman and broke it off. Shouldn't people be glad that he broke it off??? If he was such a pig, don't you think he'd have been having a little pizza with chick after chick on this show? Come on, they were throwing themselves at him and the dude had restraint. He's a class gentleman in my eyes.

Plus, how in the world does this devalue marriage? Are you kidding me? Marriage is what you make of it. Why people get so offended by others' failings is beyond my comprehension.

btw, I totally agree with Scoobysdad about Melissa's parents. It's your daughter! If you don't think it's a good idea, man-up, show up and be there! It's your daughter!

Back to Bachelor...Melissa calls him a ba$tard on national tv, yet, this "pig" of a guy Jason is nothing but sympathetic to her, and he's a "pig?"
    2009-03-06 9:14 AM
    in reply to: #2000591

Veteran

ChineseDemocracy - 2009-03-05 7:07 PM

Jason's getting skewered, called a pig by one poster here repeatedly, because he proposed to the wrong woman and broke it off. Shouldn't people be glad that he broke it off??? If he was such a pig, don't you think he'd have been having a little pizza with chick after chick on this show?

Getting engaged is a huge deal. When you put on the ring, you accept the deal. The entire thing. You don't break it off after a 6 weeks (with limited contact) and immediately start a relationship with another woman. His fiancée wanted to try to work it out and he wouldn't even consider it. You owe it to the woman to make every effort to work it out. Not, "I'm just not into you, ohhh look... cookies.... can I have one?".

Edited by Indiana_Geoff 2009-03-06 9:15 AM
    2009-03-06 10:02 AM
    in reply to: #2000591

Champion
    the colony texas

I hate to disappoint you Gaarryy...in Melissa's own words on the Ellen Show: "I knew on the night After the Final Rose [aired], I wasn't getting dumped. We had already ended the relationship and that was mutual." btw, 

I"m only disappointed that you watched the Ellen show  (j/k)   but that actually makes my point, if they were broken up why did she need to come on air...??

2009-03-06 11:14 AM
    in reply to: #2001745

Champion
    Urbandale, IA
    Gaarryy - 2009-03-06 10:02 AM

I hate to disappoint you Gaarryy...in Melissa's own words on the Ellen Show: "I knew on the night After the Final Rose [aired], I wasn't getting dumped. We had already ended the relationship and that was mutual." btw, 

I"m only disappointed that you watched the Ellen show  (j/k)   but that actually makes my point, if they were broken up why did she need to come on air...??

I see what you are getting at Gary.  You are saying that if she already knew what was happening, why was the scene "so explosive and emotional, that we have decided not to have a live studio audience".  It is coming off as a contrived set-up and it didn't need to be. 

2009-03-06 11:59 AM
    in reply to: #2001965

Champion
    Philly 'burbs
    jdwright56 - 2009-03-06 12:14 PM

It is coming off as the contrived set-up that it really is . 

fixed

2009-03-06 12:29 PM
    in reply to: #2002074

Champion
    Urbandale, IA
    mrbbrad - 2009-03-06 11:59 AM

It is coming off as the contrived set-up that it really is . 

fixed

Hater

2009-03-06 4:47 PM
    in reply to: #2001965

Elite

Gaarryy - 2009-03-06 10:02 AM

I see what you are getting at Gary.  You are saying that if she already knew what was happening, why was the scene "so explosive and emotional, that we have decided not to have a live studio audience".  It is coming off as a contrived set-up and it didn't need to be. 

I swear to God I'm morphing into a chick...I know waaaay too much about The Bachelor than I should. ...but I promise you gaaarrryy, I didn't watch the Ellen Show...that was just a quote from the show found on the internet.
    It was not "a set-up." The latest People Magazine has a great interview with Jason and Molly.
    Even Jason, talking with Melissa the night before the first "After the Rose" aired, asked Melissa why she would wear the engagement ring on the show. They had already effectively ended the relationship before that show aired.
    Now Geoff (here at BT), you think he was supposed to "try and make it work" when he was in love with another woman? What is this, the 18th century? Sorry man, my outlook is they are both better off realizing early on it wasn't going to work. What did she lose? 6 weeks of an engagement that wasn't working? Please. When you find your soul-mate, you know it. If you've gotta "work hard" to make a relationship work (especially in the early phase where infatuation is in over-drive), sorry, in my eyes, that's not a soul-mate.
    Jason has acknowledged his mistake...he proposed to the wrong woman. Now, Melissa is back with her boyfriend who she's been "on-again off-again" with for the past 2 years. Sorry, that's one flaky ex-Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.

2009-03-06 6:12 PM
    in reply to: #2002846

Champion
    Philly 'burbs

ChineseDemocracy - 2009-03-06 5:47 PM 

I swear to God I'm morphing into a chick...

As long as you brought it up... I kept wondering what is it with this chick? Why is she defending Jason so much? Then I checked out your profile. Doh!

2009-03-07 10:11 PM
    in reply to: #1993511

Veteran

OK, OK.  I take back my Jason is a "pig".

After seeing The Soup, I like Joel McHale's description better...

Spineless Network Manwhore.

2009-03-08 7:47 AM
    in reply to: #2004358

Elite
    Indiana_Geoff - 2009-03-07 11:11 PM

Nah, a spineless guy wouldn't have had the guts to follow his heart and end the engagement that soon. A spineless guy would have rode it out all the while trying to convince himself that the mistake he made wasn't actually a mistake at all...only for the whole thing to culminate in an inevitable cold marriage and/or bitter divorce.

The Network adjective you used seems appropriate since th whole thing did unfurl on network television.

The Manwhore decription is downright silly. If he was a manwhore he'd have had pizza with several of the chicks on the show (several were hotter than the eventual finalists, but they had horrific personalities) Manwhores really don't care about personalities and will have pizza with anything that looks good...so no, try again Indiana_Geoff.
    2009-03-08 11:41 AM
    in reply to: #2004547

Master
    Reston, VA
    ChineseDemocracy - 2009-03-08 8:47 AM

Nah, a spineless guy wouldn't have had the guts to follow his heart and end the engagement that soon. A spineless guy would have rode it out all the while trying to convince himself that the mistake he made wasn't actually a mistake at all...only for the whole thing to culminate in an inevitable cold marriage and/or bitter divorce. The Network adjective you used seems appropriate since th whole thing did unfurl on network television. The Manwhore decription is downright silly. If he was a manwhore he'd have had pizza with several of the chicks on the show (several were hotter than the eventual finalists, but they had horrific personalities) Manwhores really don't care about personalities and will have pizza with anything that looks good...so no, try again Indiana_Geoff.

I agree with everything you are saying ChineseDemocracy, but it is time to step away.  Let it go.  Jason will be alright!

... by the way, if it makes you feel better, i don't know a single chick that would have chinesedemocracy as their avatar (or a man with good music taste for that matter...Sorry.  I had to.

2009-03-08 4:16 PM
    in reply to: #2004735

Elite
    hooslisa - 2009-03-08 12:41 PM

Nah, a spineless guy wouldn't have had the guts to follow his heart and end the engagement that soon. A spineless guy would have rode it out all the while trying to convince himself that the mistake he made wasn't actually a mistake at all...only for the whole thing to culminate in an inevitable cold marriage and/or bitter divorce. The Network adjective you used seems appropriate since th whole thing did unfurl on network television. The Manwhore decription is downright silly. If he was a manwhore he'd have had pizza with several of the chicks on the show (several were hotter than the eventual finalists, but they had horrific personalities) Manwhores really don't care about personalities and will have pizza with anything that looks good...so no, try again Indiana_Geoff.

I agree with everything you are saying ChineseDemocracy, but it is time to step away.  Let it go.  Jason will be alright!

... by the way, if it makes you feel better, i don't know a single chick that would have chinesedemocracy as their avatar (or a man with good music taste for that matter...Sorry.  I had to.

How can I step away when...Melissa will be on Dancing with the Stars!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? This is insane. Maybe her dancing partner will break things off beofre their first dance...now that would be classic.

2009-03-08 6:01 PM
    in reply to: #2004992

Master
    Reston, VA
    ChineseDemocracy - 2009-03-08 5:16 PM
    hooslisa - 2009-03-08 12:41 PM

How can I step away when...Melissa will be on Dancing with the Stars!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? This is insane. Maybe her dancing partner will break things off beofre their first dance...now that would be classic.

seriously?!.....ugghh.  i am so over her.  i think the media has this one wrong.  there is definitely something fishy about her.  well she definitely has an unfair advantage there.  wasn't she an NBA dancer?

New Thread
    Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The Bachelor- Final Rose (spoiler) Rss Feed  

of 4