General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any new really good transition advice? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-08-23 9:03 AM
in reply to: #2357308

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Any new really good transition advice?

This is great advice.  I have always run to my transition area but I never made myself think about running fast.  Did that this weekend and was 3rd in my AG in my transition times for T1 and T2.  I agree with keeping it simple. 

Like Kathy and others, I grabbed my Garmin, Hammer gels, visor and race belt (all laid together) and put them on as I was running.

2009-08-23 9:28 AM
in reply to: #2357322

Really good advice from one that says to just practice. Also, just like the other legs of the race push it. Run into the T area. Do everything the same way every time. For God's sake, don't put your entire outfit on in the T area. Learn to put a jersey on while on the bike if it is that cold or raining. Eliminate anything you don't need. ex. socks, sunscreen, conventional laces vs. speed laces., etc. Everyone says don't try anything different during a race. Do you go out in your garage and practice transitions? Didn't think so. So pick one thing and give it try. My mantra is that triathlon is a lifetime sport so keep experimenting and keep learning.

My two cents tip: Buy a race belt and attach anything you will need for the run to it. Hat, wristband, pills to pop, gels, etc. All I grab in T2 is shoes and race belt and pull the accessories off the belt as I start the run and find my land legs.

Godspeed!
2009-08-28 9:33 PM
in reply to: #2357278

User image

Thanks guys. great answers.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any new really good transition advice? Rss Feed  

of 2