Oatmeal and coffee.
Event warmup:

A little stretching.
Run
  • 5h 18m
  • 26.2 miles
  • 12m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

Undertrained. Used Honey Stingers and I think the first one gave me some stomach issues. Wheels fell off after the half turnaround. Ran with ZinorZen for a couple miles and this 16 year old kid (running his first marathon)(wearing nylon sweatpants and carrying a camelback with a bunch of food/junk in the other camelback pocket) who hooked up with us and a couple others. I was starting to weardown and wished Lisa/Zin a good run and she sprightly took off. So now this 16 year old was keeping pace with me. Not much conversation but he was complaining about connective tissue and maybe he should'nt be running ? What asked the time/pace and it was over 2 hours for the half, so he decided to use me as a pacer. Well the problem was , his nylon pants swished and his camelback pack swayed/swished back and forth with each step. I would slow down and he would mimic everything I did.
When I get to this point in running, I like to suffer in private, go through my own private hell and revel in it. Not to share it with some noisey 16 year old. and he was struggling but he was a gamer (?) Not sure why so young and running with a bad kit/pants. Asked him once to ditch some of the junk in his bag...said it was food. WTF, finally I kinda told him to go on and leave me ALONE. an then I did my first big walk. (mile 15)

Some aid station workers asked him if he had shorts, shaking there head at looking at his sweats. No shorts... I caught up to him around 17 where he was in the shade and doing some stretches. Told the next aid station to check him out when He arrived. Kinda felt bad for this kid an worried/another thing that bugged me mentally. WTF was he doing this marathon for.

Rest of my miles were brutal, lots of bad thoughts, had snakes in my calves, had to do the run to the telephone pole and walk, repeat.
Finally at the finish and running on the track to the line was terrible, all kinds of snakes squiggling around the calves.
What would you do differently?:

Train more, and get back into core work.
Post race
Warm down:

hobbled to parking lot and went home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training, heat, bad karma with the kid, weight.

Event comments:

Did get to meet MM Lisa, and also Tori and her friend who finished her first Marathon.

Last updated: 2009-07-09 12:00 AM
Running
05:18:00 | 26.2 miles | 12m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
10:03 9:33 9:23 10:04 10:03 10:07 10:11 10:51 Than I missed some mile markers and said heck with it. Did catch a couple splits later an they were in the 11s and than into the 12s farther into the race..
Course: Country roads. Flat.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes