General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What HR zone for a 5k (from LT calculator for HR zones)? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-10-19 11:45 AM
in reply to: #2466702

User image

Runner
Subject: RE: What HR zone for a 5k (from LT calculator for HR zones)?

DrPete - 2009-10-19 11:39 AM
Scout7 - 2009-10-19 11:26 AM

DrPete - 2009-10-19 11:24 AM I don't know--my HRM helped me on my last 5K...

I completely ignored it and just went hard. Ended up with an open 5K PR and realized that maybe my LT HR is a little higher than I thought it was.

If you ignored your HRM, how did it help you?

Reviewing the data made me realize that I could go harder than I thought I could, and the HRM file quantified that for me.

Ah.  I misunderstood what you were saying.

I thought you meant that your HRM helped you DURING the race, not in terms of beforehand.

2009-10-19 11:48 AM
in reply to: #2466823

User image

Extreme Veteran
Carrollton, Virginia
Subject: RE: What HR zone for a 5k (from LT calculator for HR zones)?
Daremo:I agree with your posts. I didn't ask the question trying to plan for a 5k. I actually was wondering how my recent 5k data added up compared to what effort I should have exerted.Definitely felt I left it all on the course, but I don't race a lot of short distances, so I was not sure how I "should have felt" since most my races have been getting longer and longer I've been more "surviving" instead of "racing".Helpful thread though, and great to see a debate and info from different angles.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What HR zone for a 5k (from LT calculator for HR zones)? Rss Feed  

of 2