General Discussion Race Reports! » Friends of Wilmington Parks Turkey Trot Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Friends of Wilmington Parks Turkey Trot - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Wilmington, Ohio
United States
40F / 4C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 05m
Overall Rank = 7/8
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Bowl of oatmeal, cup of coffee, frappuccino while I went to work to upload the Web site before the race. Registered and relaxed in my car for a few minutes.
Event warmup:

Stretched really well, after running a tad to warm up, this time and it made a big difference in how I felt during the race.
Run
  • 1h 05m
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 28s  min/mile
Post race
Warm down:

Stretched.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not doing speedwork. (I always answer with that in this portion of the report. Hmm.)

Event comments:

I started the race with this girl, Shelly, and we ran the whole thing together. It was great. There were 8 people doing the 10K and about 200 others doing the 5K.

We got to the finish line and there was no one there taking our times. I'd started my HRM later or it wouldn't have mattered as much. The RD apologized profusely, as they'd gotten the wrong communication about who was last. I went to have fun and I knew where I placed (tied for last), so no biggie.

I know that we were at 32 minutes at the 5K mark since they called out that time to us as we went on for our second lap. Based on that, the info from my HRM and previous experience, I came up with this time.

I was excited to have run so much before a big meal. Tragically, I hardly had any appetite at lunch and had to take my time eating what I did. I completely did NOT expect that. Oh, well. Despite being very tired right now, still a fun day.

Last updated: 2009-11-21 12:00 AM
Running
01:05:00 | 06.21 miles | 10m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/8
Performance: Good
Course: Wonderful!
Keeping cool Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-11-26 2:52 PM

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
Subject: Friends of Wilmington Parks Turkey Trot
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Friends of Wilmington Parks Turkey Trot Rss Feed