BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Aaron Davidson's Group -- Closed. Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 76

2009-12-12 5:52 PM

User image

Elite
Subject: Aaron Davidson's Group -- Closed.

NAME: Aaron Davidson

STORY: I work in marketing, I am a single father and I race triathlon. My first race was simply because someone else was racing so I figured I could do it and ended up back stroking the entire swim. I now race because I enjoy it. Training is what it is, while I love racing. I raced Kona this year and I am looking to do an early season IM in 2011 in hopes of qualifying to go back. Last year I had a coach this year I am going at it myself.

FAMILY STATUS: I am a single father of a 3-year old daughter.

CURRENT TRAINING: Currently base building. I enjoy both long distance and short hard puke your brains out intervals.

2009 RACES: This year I raced a few road races, a local sprint, RI70.3, Timberman, and the Ironman World Championships.

2010 RACES: In 2010 I plan to race the Black Fly series, Rev3 Quassy Half, and possibly Timberman again. Trying to wrap up the season early, get some downtime and build to that March 2011 IM.

WEIGHT LOSS: I have slimmed down from a larger more muscular 180lbs to under 160lbs. Looking to get under 155lbs for this season.I do not 'need' to lose any weight by any means, I just simply would like to slim down slightly.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR:

• I am a proponent of the logs on BT and logs my statistics and workouts religiously. I am active on the forum here, maybe not as much as I used to be but still active.
  • I have been around the block and have a few seasons under my belt.
  • Willing to give near daily feedback. I would say daily, but know I will miss some.
    I am willing to help you with specific workout questions and goal setting for this year.
  • I had a mentor a few years ago. It was helpful and I am looking to return that favor.
  • I am willing to help steer you in the right direction and away from gimmicks.
  • I am not always the fastest guy out there, decently fast but with an iron stomach.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR: Ideally people that have at least one season under their belt and are racing Olympic to 70.3 distance races. However I am open to anyone.

MY EXPECTATIONS:

• Daily training log updates regardless if worked out or not.
  • Interaction through inspires on each others logs.
  • Positive interaction and support and this thread.
  • Ask questions.
  • Do not take things personally. I will not make attacks but if I make a criticism, please do not take it personally.

So here is the group, links to everyone's training log:

barelfly Jeremy Barela
wbayek Warren Bayek
aarondavidson Aaron Davidson
sailaway2011 Alex Delgado
bfoyle Bob Foyle
ilroyal0586 Lacey
RunRene Rene
ray6foot7 Ray Samford
billsorg Bill Sorg
itsallrelative_Maine Jennifer Wayland

Edited by aarondavidson 2010-02-04 6:40 AM

2009-12-14 9:21 AM
in reply to: #2555906

User image

Master
Midcoast Maine
Subject: RE: Aaron Davidson's Group -- Open
Please count me in! My bio:

Name: Jennifer Wayland
Family Status: married for 16 years with two girls (age 7 and 9)
My Story: Last year was my first season of Sprints, with a DNF the first time out (my chain got irretrievably wrapped around my crank)...but I felt like I had unfinished business, so I signed up for another one and finished! I have almost no background in athletics, but have really enjoyed the focus that training for something specific brings to the table. I would like to see what I can accomplish through hard work.
Current Training: Two sports a day, five to six days a week. Trying to build a base...participating in Jorge's Winter Cycling Challenge and just started swimming with the local Master's program.
2009 Races: Hope Triathlon, Mainiac Tri (Both Sprints)
2010 Races:  Peter Ott's 10K, Hope Triathlon (I must finish this time), Beach to Beacon 10K, Maine Sport Oly, Lobsterman Oly, Mainiac (sprint)
Weightloss: I have lost about 20 pounds since starting this, but most remarkable (to me) is the reshaping of my body. I now have strength!

2009-12-14 12:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pauls Valley, OK
Please, sign me up good sir.

Bio:

Name:  Ray Samford

Family Status :  Married for 13 years.  No kids but trying to adopt through Deaconess.

Current Training - just off seasoning it through December.  January I will start ramping up mileage so I can IM train come April.

Story - I am a 40 year old clyde and this will be my 7th year in triathlons but the first since 2000.  I did several oly's and du's from the age of 16-19 back in the late '80's.  I ran cross country and cycled a lot with one of my teammates.  We naturally migrated toward triathlon, but we were horrible swimmers.   We had some success in duathlons.  Then, I went to college and discovered things more fun than training, but I did stay in running shape from playing basketball daily.  Once, out of college, I got married, and my wife asked if I had any desire to get back into tris.  I said I would, but getting out of the water dead last was no fun.  For Christmas, she bought me swim lessons from a triathlete coach.  In three months, he had my 1K down from 25:30 to 16:45.  I raced for 3 years, placing 8th overall in a sprint and completed Buffalo Springs Lake 70.3 in July 2000.  Two weeks after the 70.3 I blew my ACL, and a month later we relocated.  It took several years (until 2006) to get my mojo back.  But since then I have had 1 rotator cuff surgery, and 1 ACL reconstruction.  I have kept in shape but not racing shape.  I think I have fixed all the broken down parts, so here I am to try it again.

2009 races - none - ACL reconstruction in March

2010 races - Kansas 70.3, Hotter 'n Hell 100, Redman 140.6 

What I am looking for :   I have never done a century or 140.6 so I am sure to have plenty of questions on training and racing.  Not only that, the equipment sure has changed drastically.  My "dinosaur" of a bike gets made fun of frequently.

Weight Loss goals - none-  I am 235 lbs, but I am 6'7". 

Edited by ray6foot7 2009-12-14 1:23 PM
2009-12-14 1:13 PM

User image

Veteran
Orange, CA
Sign me up, please.

Name: Bob Foyle 

Family:  Married for 23 years.  4 kids ages 15-5.

Goals: 70.3 in 2010.

Story: I am 43 (44 in a few weeks). I've been running on and off for many years. I have an uncle-in-law who is very into Triathlons and after seeing the different options, I was inspired to try the Long Beach Triathlon (sprint) earlier this year and had a great time. I also did the Playa Del Rey sprint distance event and got really hooked. So now I'm looking to step up to Olympic distance and see how it goes...if possible, maybe a HIM in the second half of the year.

2009 races - Long Beach, Playa Del Rey

2010 races - Now working up for Surf City Half marathon in Feb, Toyota Desert Tri - Olympic distance and considering either Denver or Washington HIM...with a few other fun sprints or whatever thrown in (rough plan for something about every month, budget permitting).

2011 races - Oceanside 70.3 and then maybe a IMAZ, we'll see (trying to hit that goal before the end of the world in 2012)

What I am looking for : Inspiration and perspiration.

Needs work: Cycling and Swimming. Logs are up to date. I'm trying to swim and cycle a lot this winter to get some base built up for next year.
2009-12-14 2:10 PM

User image

Master
Midcoast Maine
Hey Bob! I moved to Maine from SoCal almost 9 years ago and graduated awhile *ahem* ago from UCI...when I'm trying to get out the door in the am for a run at 4 degrees, I fantasize about training in the weather back there. The only concern I would have is OWS in the Pacific...is there a good place to go?

Good luck with the IM before the EOTW...forgot about that time limiter.
2009-12-14 2:22 PM

Please sign me up!

Name: Lacey Royal
Family: I’m single, but my immediate family is a key reason why I decided to run a tri; my sister and I are training together. It was a challenge set by her a month or so ago and I have been working out on a consistent basis since.  Now, I just want to start preparing and focus on more “tri training,” more conditioning. 
My Story: Now I am 23 and when I was growing up I was around a lot of sports.  My key sports were basketball, soccer, softball, water polo, and swimming.  After high school I got out of a regimented routine that I grew accustom to and recently I have been urging myself to join something, so when my sister brought up the tri I knew that it was a goal I could work on and achieve.  I workout a lot by myself, (my sis doesn't live that close to me) so I wanted something to encourage as well as keep me accountable. 
Current Training:  At home, I invest my time with P90X, so there is a lot of different workouts to choose from and arms, back, legs, cardio, abs… It’s a really great way to get in shape if you’re not enrolled at a gym.  Otherwise, if I’m at the gym, I work on the elipical and stationary bikes for my cardio; I’m also incorporating a few miles of laps in the pool.  My main hurdle is running long distances… I was never really good at that… Condition, condition, condition… It’s going to be a fun few months

Goals:  Honestly, I want to get into better shape, improve my running abilities, quit smoking (I heard the e cigarettes are a great sub), and finish my first triathlon and continue to be competitive with myself about this sport. 

Weight loss: I’ve lost about 15lbs. in two months mainly due to the increase in activity… I have hit a plateau on the weight in the past few weeks, but I can tell my body is becoming more toned.   

Edited by lroyal0586 2009-12-14 2:26 PM

2009-12-14 2:28 PM

User image

Annapolis
Sign me up too!

Here's my bio:

Name: Alex Delgado

Story: Full time student at the United States Naval Academy (3rd year to be exact). I'm currently pushing my way towards competing in my first sprint Tri in March and First HIM in late April. My typical daily schedule is Train, eat, classes, eat, train, eat, study, and sleep. Simple right? My strongest area is the run, my dad ran marathons for a long time, and I definately got the genes. Biking needs more improvement. I just bought an indoor trainer for my bike so I can do intervals while watching family guy- could training get any better? I also registered for a masters swimming league here at school, hopefully the coaches will get me going on the right stroke.

Current Training: I have all the tools to dedicate myself 15-20 hours a week, though currently, my finals are getting the best of me and its killing me that I can't train for the usual extended amount of time. Thursday, finals are over and I'll get right back on the saddle.

2008: Half marathon
2009: marathon
2010: St. Patricks day Sprint Triathlon and Lonestar Half Iron-man

Expectations: Looking for any help to get me motivated and moving forward.

2009-12-14 2:29 PM

User image

NH
Count me in please.  I'm a long winded, brand new triathlete wannabe with only 1 sprint under my belt but I'm hooked and would love to have the help of an active group to stay motivated.  I love the training and really plan to enjoy the journey.

NAME: wbayek (Warren)

STORY: Late forties male who was an overweight ex-athlete coach potato.  2 years ago I woke up 35 pounds overweight with striking heart disease risks factors.  Used south beach and P90x+ to lose most of the excess weight and build some lean muscle back, though I am doing neither right now.  Started playing hockey again and biking as a hobby.  Last summer, while rehabbing some tendinitis, my PT started talking about triathlons and IMLP.  One afternoon late summer I sat on the dock at the lake and decided I would try a sprint.  I jumped in the lake and almost drowned after 25 yards, and decided not to do the sprint.  The next weekend I decided it was time to HTFU and learn to swim, and I completed my first (and only) sprint  this past Sept.

FAMILY STATUS: Married 15 years with three boys 13, 11, 7.  My 13 year old is doing a sprint with me next summer, or at least the kids version! 

CURRENT TRAINING: Trying to become a runner this winter while keeping the bike from going totally away.  Swimming will mostly wait until spring.  I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate kettlebells back into my routine since I really miss doing them.  I'm in New Hampshire, so winter is bike on the trainer and running in nasty weather, but I'm looking forward to sticking through it.

2009 RACES: I started training in August, and completed the Mainiac sprint tri in Sept.

2010 RACES: Great Bay half marathon in April, Eastman and Timerberman sprints, Black Fly Tri International, Pumpkinman HIM in Sept. is the A race.

WEIGHT LOSS: 215 two years ago, and down to 175-180 now.  This is probably a good weight for me, though I expect to be around 170 as the winter wears on and I keep running.  Not a target anymore.

2009-12-14 2:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rio Rancho - where you can ride year round!
Sign me up, please.

Name: Jeremy Barela 

Family:  Married for 9 years.  2 kids ages 8 and 5

Goals: Oly and century ride in 2010.

Story: Second season in Triathlons - completed 3 races since starting in dec. 2008. Athletic, love competition and working towards a goal. enjoy working out with my friends and kids. Will have both kids doing a kid tri in April (my daughters 2nd, first for my son). Wife has also competed in tris - so this gives us another thing we can talk about with each other and work towards. I just started using the BT Logs, but the few weeks of Nov./Dec. are pretty much what I've been doing since Sept.

2009 races - Spring Fling sprint, 75mile Tour de Cure ride, Jingle Bell sprint

2010 races - Spring Fling sprint, Jay Benson sprint, Chili Harvest Sprint, Elephantman Oly - Tour de Cure century, Santa Fe Century, Run for Zoo 10k...anything else that comes up throughout the year.

2011 races - HIM - somewhere, maybe the Boulder HIM, depending on how the OLY distance swim goes in Sept. '10.

What I am looking for : guidance in training - pretty organized in my training, but any help I can get using my new Garmin FR 305 would be nice too!.

Needs work: Running and swimming - have improved my swim time for a 400m, as well as endurance for running. But would like to continue cutting time off for sprints to prepare me for the Oly in Sept.

Edited by barelfly 2009-12-14 2:37 PM
2009-12-14 2:48 PM

User image

NH
Jennifer and Bob - I spent a year in Santa Barbara and then 4 more in Carlsbad.  I miss that So Cal weather too!
2009-12-14 2:58 PM

User image

Master
Midcoast Maine
wbayek - you participated in the Mainiac? That was my first as well...I enjoyed it, but was unpleasantly surprised by the salt water (all my OWS practice had been in lakes). It was a nice, flat bike ride which is different from where I was training. Do you think you'll do it again next year? My kids really want me to participate in it as well. I have heard really good things about the Lobsterman Tri (it's an Oly in Freeport the weekend before the Mainiac) and I am planning on participating in that one as well.

barelfly - it sounds like you are from NM? I grew up in ABQ and my parents still live there. I gave some thought to doing the Jingle Bell reverse tri a couple of weekends ago, but couldn't figure out how to get my bike across the country easily. I have heard good things about the Elephant Butte tri - i remember camping there when I was much younger...I would think that the wind in NM would be a factor in your training. Do you struggle with it?

2009-12-14 3:03 PM
in reply to: #2558327

User image

Extreme Veteran
itsallrelative_Maine

barelfly - it sounds like you are from NM? I grew up in ABQ and my parents still live there. I gave some thought to doing the Jingle Bell reverse tri a couple of weekends ago, but couldn't figure out how to get my bike across the country easily. I have heard good things about the Elephant Butte tri - i remember camping there when I was much younger...I would think that the wind in NM would be a factor in your training. Do you struggle with it?

The Jingle Bell was fun - except for the WIND!!!  at least 20mph headwind for half of the bike route killed me on the bike. I still had a strong bike time, but not what I was aiming for.

As for the wind, it's not really an issue - it gets windy, but you can still get out and ride.  I rode yesterday in a decent wind, probably 10-15mph - headwind first, so the ride back was fun!

I love elephant butte - I'm down there a bunch throughout the year...and it's a great winter destination to ride as well! will be visiting there again in a few weeks and hopefully the weather is like it was last xmas - 60+ degrees!!!

Edited by barelfly 2009-12-14 3:04 PM
2009-12-14 3:09 PM

User image

Expert
West Grove, PA
Hi Aaron, I'd love to sign up for your group. Here's my story...

Name: Bill Sorg

Family Status: Married for 16 years with three girls (age 6, 9 and 12)

My Story: I'm 43 years old and I live in Pennsylvania, about an hour outside of Philly. I started triathlons in 2008 and did 3 sprint distances. I tried a tri because some of us were at a party and a few people were talking about giving it a try and I thought it sounded like fun and a great challenge. It turns out that I'm the only one that actually went through with it. I also had gotten a high-cholesterol diagnosis from my Dr. who was encouraging me to get more exercise. After my first triathlon, I was hooked.

Current Training: Mostly trying to maintain my base. I try to run, bike and swim at least once a week each. I play a lot of racquetball, so that's taking up a lot of my workout time, but it's a great cardio workout.

2009 Races: 5/23 - Tri for our Vets (Sprint) - 1:22; 6/28 - Philly Tri (Olympic) - 3:07; 8/09 - PA Steelman (Olympic) - 3:09; 9/13 - Delaware Diamondman (1/2 IM) - 6:45

2010 Races: 5/29 - Tri for our Vets (Sprint); 6/27 - Philly Tri (Olympic); 8/15 - Northeast Tri (Olympic); 9/19 - Syracuse Ironman 70.3

My Goals: I'm a clydesdale and don't know if I'll ever get below the 200 lb. mark (I'm 6' 2" and have a big frame). I currently weigh 230 lbs. and would like to get down to as close to 200 as possible. Also, I finished my first HIM in 6:45. I'd like to finish the Syracuse Ironman 70.3 in less than 6 hours and get my Olympic times well under 3 hours, if possible. I know that's a big decrease in time, but I really want to improve my running and biking speed.
2009-12-14 3:34 PM
in reply to: #2558216

User image

Veteran
Orange, CA
itsallrelative_Maine - 2009-12-14 12:10 PM Hey Bob! I moved to Maine from SoCal almost 9 years ago and graduated awhile *ahem* ago from UCI...when I'm trying to get out the door in the am for a run at 4 degrees, I fantasize about training in the weather back there. The only concern I would have is OWS in the Pacific...is there a good place to go?

Good luck with the IM before the EOTW...forgot about that time limiter.

4 degrees? ...yipes. I did a few OWS's last year at Corona Del Mar. There's usually quite a few people there during the summer months...as you recall, that's Feb - Sept ;-) It's usually pretty mild surf there so come on back and warm up a bit...maybe a UCI masters degree in something...anything.

<edit> wbayek, you can come back too. Carlsbad and SB are some really nice areas.

Edited by bfoyle 2009-12-14 3:44 PM
2009-12-14 3:55 PM
in reply to: #2558327

User image

NH
itsallrelative_Maine - 2009-12-14 3:58 PM wbayek - you participated in the Mainiac? That was my first as well...I enjoyed it, but was unpleasantly surprised by the salt water (all my OWS practice had been in lakes). It was a nice, flat bike ride which is different from where I was training. Do you think you'll do it again next year? My kids really want me to participate in it as well. I have heard really good things about the Lobsterman Tri (it's an Oly in Freeport the weekend before the Mainiac) and I am planning on participating in that one as well.

The world is way too small.  I also spent a short time (I think 2 years) in ABQ as a tiny tike. 

The Pumkinman HIM the week before Mainiac is my "A" race for next year, so I'll probably be wiped but I plan to do the Mainiac again for fun.  My son had a blast so he really wants me to do it again.  I had done a few ocean swims to get ready, but my sighting was embarrassing.  I was the one out to sea before the kayaks rescued me and pointed me back to the course!
2009-12-14 4:28 PM

User image

NH
Bob, I don't think I could afford to move back.  When I lived out there (late 80's) it was still moderately affordable, and somewhat uncrowded!

Is it too soon for a training question?

I'm spending this winter mostly trying to build up my running.  I've followed a pretty simple method of increasing mileage a little each week by getting up to two 5 mile midweek runs, adding distance to a long run on the weekend, and adding another short run.  Most other training regimes incorporate recovery weeks every 4 weeks or so.  Do I really need to have a back-off week once a month?  I feel fine right now, a little sore after my long run, but my main goal is really to keep running more and eventually make the runs faster without getting injured.

2009-12-14 4:31 PM

User image

Expert
WA
Please add me

Name: Rene

Story: I am 40 and  have been running for years.  In 2008 I bought a road bike and started doing races.  In 2008, I ran multiple half marathons and 1 full marathon (3:30).  I did an olympic duathlon which was a great experience for me.  In 2009, I started too early doing my run speedwork and pulled my calf which kept me on the side lines most of the season.  I did do a half marathon and some relays but that was about it.  I have never done a triathlon because I couldn't swim more than 50 yards without being completely exhausted.  In September 2009, I joined a masters swim team and consistently swim pretty consistently twice a week.  This swimming is certainly building my swimming confidence and endurance.  I like to lift weights and am hoping to continue to do this so I don't lose too much muscle while doing endurance sports.

Family:  Married with 2 Kids (4 and 8)

Goals: A few sprint Triathlons and a 70.3 in 2010.

Current Training:   Currently swimming 1 1/2 hours twice a week with a masters swim group.  With all the drills (kickboard, pulls, technique etc) and freestyle we swim between 2000 - 3000 yards.  I run 1 - 3 times a week.  My long run two days ago was a 13.1 miles in 1:42 (I probably ran this faster then I should have).  I haven't done any biking lately but plan to put the bike on the trainer to log some hours.

2008 - 2009 Races - Olympic Duathlon, Windermere Half Marathon, Portland Marathon, Tour de Lacs (108 mile Ultra Ride), Marathon Relay (my leg was about 7 miles), Tri Relay (I did the bike), 8 Lakes Leg Aches (75 Mile Bike)

2010 Races - A few races in mind but the big one for me will be the Troika HIM.

What I am looking for : Training, racing and equipment tips. Inspiration and any helpful information from the experienced.

Needs work: I still need to get a wet suit.  I know nothing about the logs on here so I will have to look into that.  I am working on getting a good base of biking, running and swimming over the winter so I will be ready for the races in 2010.
2009-12-14 5:04 PM

User image

Elite

I did not realize they were allowing people to join already otherwise I would have checked early. I will respond to posts shortly. We have 9 people by my count, 10 including me. I think we should be good to go.

Edited by aarondavidson 2009-12-14 5:06 PM
2009-12-14 10:08 PM
in reply to: #2558535

User image

Elite

How long are these runs taking? I would increase your time more than distance. Since if you increase distance you can risk injury by rushing runs trying to just get them over with. However with time, its just the time. Time/HR > distance. You can of course do some harder runs based on pace or distance but I would focus on time.

So how do people feel with 10 people total me included?

2009-12-14 10:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Aaron Davidson's Group -- Full...

10 works...This is my first group, so I'm just excited to be apart. Looking forward to the upcoming season!!!

Just peeked at RunRene's log - a power swimmer! that time in swimming is what I do in a few weeks! I know who will be asked a few questions when it comes to swimming!!!

and after looking through a few others logs - a lot of good swimmers here! you guys rock!

My strongest sport is on the bike - but I'm still new at it. I've only been on a road bike for a year, but seem to do well in regards to the races...so hopefully I can be of some help, although I don't know how much

Edited by barelfly 2009-12-14 10:47 PM
2009-12-14 10:34 PM

User image

Elite

Here we are:

barelfly Jeremy Barela
wbayek Warren Bayek
aarondavidson Aaron Davidson
sailaway2011 Alex Delgado
bfoyle Bob Foyle
ilroyal0586 Lacey
RunRene Rene
ray6foot7 Ray Samford
billsorg Bill Sorg
itsallrelative_Maine Jennifer Wayland

Edited by aarondavidson 2009-12-14 10:39 PM

2009-12-15 2:06 AM

User image

Veteran
Orange, CA
looks like fun...nice to meet you all.
2009-12-15 6:47 AM

User image

Master
Midcoast Maine
I am happy with the number...we can keep it small and focused...anyone else participating in Jorge's Winter Cycling Challenge? I am currently on week 7 (on the trainer)...it's a great program - you could always start now if you are interested - go to the Challenge Me site and look for the thread.

I would be interested in something similar for running...but I know I need to build a base for running. How long do you build a running base before you can start working on intervals/pacing?

This summer, I'm going to participate in my first Olympic-length. Did anyone use the training programs on BT? If you did - which one(s) did you like?

Great to meet you all!

Jennifer
2009-12-15 8:30 AM
in reply to: #2559172

User image

NH
itsallrelative_Maine - 2009-12-15 7:47 AM I am happy with the number...we can keep it small and focused...anyone else participating in Jorge's Winter Cycling Challenge? I am currently on week 7 (on the trainer)...it's a great program - you could always start now if you are interested - go to the Challenge Me site and look for the thread.

I would be interested in something similar for running...but I know I need to build a base for running. How long do you build a running base before you can start working on intervals/pacing?

This summer, I'm going to participate in my first Olympic-length. Did anyone use the training programs on BT? If you did - which one(s) did you like?

Great to meet you all!

Jennifer

10 seems doable and small enough to stay focused and get to know each other.

I'm doing Jorge's bike challenge as well.  Since I'm on run focus this winter, I make sure to get Q1 and Q2 done, and if my schedule allows I do the third.  I just started week 3 yesterday, so I'm delayed.  Great so far.  I wish I had power meter, but the finance committee can't approve the purchase.

I'm building running base and I plan to wait until Feb. to start any real speed work.  That will be 5 months of base running.

If your questions were to me Aaron, I really do run just by time since I have no GPS and I just sort of head out and run around my town using exertion as my pace, with a specific elapsed time as my finish line.  I use google maps or mapmyrun to get distances later.  This would probably be my back off week if I'm going to follow the back off plan.

2009-12-15 8:52 AM

User image

Expert
West Grove, PA
Hello all. Looking forward to getting to know you all as the 2010 tri season approaches. One of the things I hope to accomplish this year is to become more efficient at training. In my first 2 years of tri training, I've only put in distance and haven't done any speed work. No real "method to the madness" of my training.

This year, I'd like to add swim drills to become a more efficient swimmer and speed drills on the run and bike to become faster. I completed my first HIM in September, but want to take a significant chunk of time off my 6:45 finishing time when I do the Syracuse Ironman 70.3 this September.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Aaron Davidson's Group -- Closed. Rss Feed  

of 76