General Discussion Race Reports! » M.I.T. - Miami International Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

M.I.T. - Miami International Triathlon - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Miami, Florida
United States
Excel EP
55F / 13C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 49m 43s
Overall Rank = 644/1094
Age Group = Female 45-49
Age Group Rank = 11/22
Pre-race routine:

2010 M.I.T.

For 3rd Year the M.I.T. took place at the famous Miami Marine Stadium at Key Biscayne, Florida...with around 1200 participants included 32 Professionals...like Matty Reed, Chris Lieto, Matt Chrabot, Sarah Haskins, Jillian Petersen, Sara McLarty, and other ones very well known.

Also this year the M.I.T. was an Elite-License Qualifying Race...that means...we had the chance to race with excellent Triathletes from all the USA...aspiring to be Elites...Good Luck...!!!

Also the Navy Academy and ARMY Triathlon Teams came to compete against each other...BTW...I only know this for my Buddy's son that graduated from the Navy Academy in 2008..."GO NAVY...BEAT THE ARMY...!!! LOL

Friday March 12th:
Had my last easy/short 14 miles bike ride before Race Day...

Washed/waxed/lubed/tuned bike...change wheels for my Race Hed3C Wheels...and...Prepared/Packed Race stuff...

Got lasagna for lunch...and...had a Full Carbo/Protein load Dinner: Shrimp Garlic with Pasta and steam veggies...

Saturday March 13th:
Slept till 8:00 am...and...got our usual Saturday full breakfast: OJ, eggs, toasted bagel with cream cheese, slices of turkey, salame and brie on top and coffee w/milk...Nice...!!! And Off Course our usual multi-vitamins and minerals, Amino 1500, CO-Q-10, and Glucosamine...

At 9 am We (My Buddy and me) left from home to Key Biscayne to pick-up our Race Packages, for the Mandatory Bike Check-In...and...for a swimming at the Swim Course...

Got our Race Packages...the usual wrist band to use to get in Transition Area and during the Race...and...our Timing Chips...

2010 M.I.T.

My Buddy got the Bid# 1351 / silver swimming cap...a nice t-shirt, a blue backpack for the boys...an Hammer bottle...and some goddies...

2010 M.I.T.

And for me...the Bid# 1121 / purple swimming cap...a nice t-shirt, a pinky backpack for the girls...the Hammer bottle and some goodies too...

2010 M.I.T.

Went to get our bikes...put their Bid#'s and took them to Transition Area...

The Transition Area was huge and long...there were 3 sections with 3 long...long racks each ones...with a grassy islands in between every sections...

Here a view of my rack area...

2010 M.I.T.

And Here the Bike Exit and Bike Entrance...

2010 M.I.T.
2010 M.I.T.

This time We had to rack our bikes by the handle bar cuz it was too windy...gusty winds...We saw a few bikes placing by their seats and they were waving like flags...LOL

Here my Buddy already placed his Bike...

2010 M.I.T.

Here my Super-Bike already placed...BTW...I left her with a blanket cuz my poor baby would sleep outside...temps would drop to 50oF and with a bunch of strangers bikes...LOL (J/K)

2010 M.I.T.

Then We met with our friend Suzy at the Swim Area for a swimming...

Here We are with our wet-suit before get into the water...BTW...two USAT Refeeres came to us and asked us to take the water temp....It was exactly in 68oF...brrrrr...!!! But It was a gorgoeus day...sunshine blue sky...but...super-windy...Yikes !!!

2010 M.I.T.
2010 M.I.T.

We had a great swimming...around 1/2 mile...but...the water was choppy and there were strong currents too...the water temp. was not too bad even it was in 68oF...just a little shocking at the beginning...but...just when we started to swim...felt great...!!!

Here some views from the area of the Swim Course...

2010 M.I.T.
2010 M.I.T.

Here a view of the City of Miami from the Miami Marine Stadium...

2010 M.I.T
2010 M.I.T.

Went back home...Put Bid#'s in our helmets and Race belts...and...prepared our beverages for the Race...

Cooked some tortellinis with Alfredo Sauce for lunch and took a 1hr nap...

Had an early dinner...lamb with rice and steam veggies...Yummmmmy...!!!

Because the Daylight Saving Time would kick us in on Race Day...We went to bed early...at 8:00 pm...but...For me was a little difficult to feel sleep...also I was not feeling complety well...my troath was bothering me and a congestion starting in my right eye area...I think that was the cold water temps. when we went for our swimming...and...my body was fighting agains a cold...Yikes...!!! decided to take a Halls drop for my troath...

First time that I couldn't sleep well before a Race...I usually sleep like a baby rock...but...this time I woke-up every single hour...I don't know...maybe the excitment for our 2010 first Race and the anxiety for the changing time...Yikes....!!!

Sunday March 14th:

Woke up at 4:15 am...Get dressed...Put our timming chips in our left ankle...and...

Took our usual Pre-Race breackfast...OJ for both...then my Super-Soy Protein Shake for me and one waffle with PB and coffee for my Buddy...and...off course our usual multivitamis & minerals, Amino 1500, CO-Q-10 and Glucosamine.

Did our own Body Marking by ourselves to save time...took our coolers with beverages and Tri-Bags and left from home around 4:50 am.

It took us around 45 minutes to get to Key Biscayne...parked car...and...went to Transition to set-up all our Stuff...

First checked my bike's tires...they were perfect...and...checked the gears...

Placed my cyclocomputer in my bike...the Speedfill with water in it's cage...helmet over the seat...a green towel in front of my bike and over the biking/running shoes, my hat and inside the hat my belt with Bid# and a bottle of cold water next to my running shoes...sunglasses over the aerobars...a tubular tire in my bike back pack...and...2 GU Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gels (Blueberry/Pomegranate), a Clif Shot Block Package, and 2 Hammer Endurolytes and 2 SportLegs Capsules in my BentoBox...

When everything was setting-up and ready...took out my tri-bag and cooler from the rack area and placed next to a coconut palm...did sit over my cooler...relax a little...closed eyes...and...did a visualization of my Race...then...took 2 Hammer Energy Gels (Expresso / Raspberry) and 2 Endurolytes with water and a Mix of Cytomax/Accelerade (Lemon)

Put Body Glide over my right side of my neck...feet..ankles...and...Profile Design Lubricant over my legs...and...my Wet-Suit...till my hips...

Took my Swimming Cap, googles and my wax ear-plugs and headed to the Swim Area to meet with my Buddy and some friends...

Event warmup:

At the Swim Area...put the rest of my Wet-Suit...the wax ear-plugs, swimming cap and googles and jumped into the water...after some arms/legs strechings...the water was cold...brrrrr...!!!

Swam maybe around 150 mts and came back to shore...went out to wait till the National Anthem...and the first Wave with the Pros...

There were in total 14 Waves...and...the 1st Wave started in time at 7:00 am with the Male Pros followed for the Female Pros after 2 minutes...then...after 4 minutes...the Pro Amateurs (Male/Females)...and every 4 minutes the rest of the Waves...

I was in the Wave#5 at 7:14 am...Age Group - Female 45+, Athena and Male 19 & under....BTW...our Wave was the joke of that early morning...it was called the Cougars and Cubs Wave...LOL

My Buddy was in the next one...Wave#6 at 7:18 am...Age Group - Male 50+

Because the f$%^&@*&ng Daylight Saving Time the start was in the dark.......Yikes....!!!!

Swim
  • 32m 44s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m 11s / 100 meters
Comments:

Here is the Swim Course:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=1125836...

Just when the horn went off...I ran and jumped into the water...keeping my distance with the ones in front of me...to avoid a kick in my face at the beginning...
It was a great swimming...kept a constante stroke till the first bouy...rounded without problem...and...here I could feel the strong currents pushing us...but...still...a long swimming till the 2nd bouy...and...just when I started to round this one...I felt people over my legs and my back...WTH???...the fastest guys from the next Waves were over us...very agressive guys...finally after they passed me...I didn't have any incidents...but...from this last bouy to the Swim Exit...we started to swim against a strong current...Wuaoooo...It was a little tough for me...cuz...I'm very light...LOL...but...I kept a good constante stroke and I was only wondering when "I'm going to get to the Swim Exit"...Yikes...!!!

Just when I got at shore and my fingers touched sand...got up...ran as fast as possible to the Swim Exit Arch...

2010 M.I.T.

And at the same time removing first my wet-suit till my hips...and then googles, swim cap and wax ear-plugs and put them inside the swimming cap...

First...We ran over a section covered with a nice carpet...but...then continued runnnig through a long corridor till the entrance of Transition Area...BTW...this section was the rockie area...ouch...ouch...but...never stopped and passed a lot of people...
What would you do differently?:

Continue with my trainings...I know that I have been doing great for this Season...I know that I'm a stronger swimmer...no faster...but average...

I was a little disapointment with my time...cuz...I did it in less last year...in 30m42s...but...we didn't have strong currents like these ones last Year...Oh well...!!!
Transition 1
  • 02m 27s
Comments:

It was a very fast Transition as usual even it was slower than last Year...cuz...I did it in only 2:06 last year...but...at least I was the 2nd fastest in my AG and in the top 200 Overall...WoooooHooooo...!!!

When I got to my bike...saw my friend Amy leaving with her bike...and...my friend Marylou was already out of Transition...

Got to my bike...it was easy to find it cuz there was a coconut palm in front of our area...removed wet-suit fast without problem...but...instead left it there in my spot...ran fast and tossed it over my tri-bag...that move costed me maybe 20 secs...grrrr!!!...put helmet, sunglasses and biking shoes and took bike and ran as fast as possible out of Transition Area...

Practice...practice...and...never ever again do stupid moves like the one with my wet-suit...LOL
Bike
  • 1h 21m 1s
  • 24.8 miles
  • 18.37 mile/hr
Comments:

Here is the Bike Course...

The Bike Course consisted in 2 loops...

Got in the mount area and jumped into my bike without problem...and..started cranking very hard...

At this point I only knew that 4 of my girlfriends of my AG were in front of me..Marylou, Amy, Nadia and other one...but...I didn't know how many else were leading...

Firts we were heading to the famous "Rickenbacker Bridge" for our first two climbs with strong headwinds and some crosswinds...Uffff...!!!

Here is Pics of the "Rickenbacker Bridge"..."The Beast"...LOL...to have an idea of this challenge...It's 1.2 miles long and 86 feet height bridge...

2010 M.I.T. Rickenbacker Bridge

and these ones of what we had to climb 4 times...

bridge5 2010 M.I.T.

Got at the bridge and started to climb without problem...I felt a little slow even I passed some people...and...when I got at the top saw my friend Marylou coming...and...behind her was coming Amy...

At the top I felt like I was conquering the Everest and I said to me "Yes...I did it...now it's time to have fun going down bridge...enjoy the moment and the fantastic view of the City of Miami"
Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
but...holding the handlebar very hard...cuz...the strong crosswinds at that point...and...then all the excitment to go down finished after the bridge maybe 200 mts where we had to do an U-turn to go back to climb again the bridge...Yikes!!!

Climbed the bridge again w/out problem and more easy cuz the tailwinds... also had the chance to pass more people...got at the top...and...downbridge again...
Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

2010 M.I.T. 2010 M.I.T

Just after the bridge...taking advantage of the taildwinds...decided to take an Energy Gel with water...and...

When I was approching to the entrance of Transition Area to continue to Crandon Park...there were tons of people along the road cheering us...and...suddenly I hear a group from the crowd yelling "GO VELO GO"

I was too focused in my bike ride that I couldn't see who were and never found out who were...LOL...but made me feel great...very exciting moment...and..gave me more motivation to crank more and more...passing a lot of people...and when I got at the U-turn in Crandon Park...passed one of the girl of my AG that I know...and...at this point decided to take 2 SportLeg capsules before heading to Virginia Key...BTW...a lot of bike traffic in this area...here I took my secong Energy Gel before heading again to the Rickenbacker Bridge...

Again passed in front of the entrance to Transition Area...and...all these peoples along the road...cheering us...awesome support...and...I heard again my name "GO VELO GO"...It was Super...!!!

Ok...heading for 3rd and 4th time to climb the bridge...had a better and faster climb this time....and again to Crandon Park and Virginia Key...and...just riding to the U-turn in Virginia Key decided to take 2 Gummy Bears...I mean...2 Clif Shock Blocks...LOL

Here heading to Virginia Key...and...if you look very careful...in my right hand I'm holding my Clif Shock Block Package...

2010 M.I.T

And finally to Transition Area...When I got at the desmount area...I did it like usual...like the Pro/Elites..but keeping shoes on...jumped as usual and ran fast inside to Transition Area...

Train and train...

I know that I have improved a lot in my bike...Last Year...I did it in 1h23m11s...that means...improved for 1m10s...even the conditions were differents...
Transition 2
  • 00m 58s
Comments:

Other Super-fast transition as usual...I was the fastest in my AG and in the top 200 Overall...

Got in my rack area...placed bike...changed shoes...removed helmet...and took my hat and a bottle with water and ran as fast as possible out of Transition Area...

Practice and practice...

Last Year...I did it in 1m24s...improved for 26 secs...
Run
  • 52m 32s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 08m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

Here is the Run Course...

The Run Course was 2 Loops...

Just out of Transition...running not too fast and not too slowly...with a constante pace...put my belt with Bid# and hat...then drank some water from my bottle and tossed some over my head and neck...

We had to run first over a compact sandy section...and...just before the paved trail starts...before the 1st Water Station...I slowed down a little my speed...cuz...a very bad section...with huge and deep cracks...Ok...an obstacles running here...that...If you don't pay attention and watch your steps...You can have a very bad fall...LOL

And just at the paved trail...I started to increase my speed...keeping a constante pace...passing a lot of people...and...after the 1st mile...in the 2nd Water Station...the paved trail finishes and a narrow dirty trail starts...and..Suddenly I twisted my right ankle with the first root in my way....Ouchhhh...!!! It was really bad...it hurted a lot...but...Thanks Godnees I didn't stop...cuz...I think it could be worse...I continued....slowing down my speed...still feeling pain...but...running with precaution during all this section...and...still passing people...then...I saw coming my friend Marylou...then....Amy behind her...and...just before the U-turn I saw coming Nadia...I didn't want to push more...cuz...I was not feeling comfortable running with a twisted ankle in the dirty trail...but...just when I got back again to the paved trail...I started to push more and more...saw again Marylou...then Amy...and...just before the U-turn...Nadia...and...I started to push more and more...but...got again at the dirty trail...and...ran with precaution...at this point saw coming Amy that just passed my friend Marylou...and...just before the last U-turn...was coming Nadia...and...I said to me..."Come on...You can do it...You have done this before"...and...

When I got back to the paved trail...I started to increase speed...passing a lot of people...and...at that point...I could see for not too far my friend Nadia...and...just after the bad section with the cracks...I reached and passed her...

2010 M.I.T.

I really surprised her...she was with huge eyes...WTH???...and wondering how come I reached her so fast???...that...She reacted and sprinted but so hard that passed me just before the Finish Line...OMG...It was the most exciting Finish that I have had in all these Years...

2010 M.I.T. 2010 M.I.T.

Unfortunate the photographers didn't catch that moment at the Finish Line...

Train and train...and...Be more careful with the roots and rocks when I'm running in dirty trails....Ouchhh...!!!

I know I could do a better and more fast run...but...even the circunstances...I did great and could keep a good pace...Next Time...!!!

And even the circunstances...still I improved my time in the run...for 26 secs...I did it in 52m58s last year...
Post race
Warm down:

Just When I passed the Finish Line...a volunteer gave to me a pretty cool Finisher Medal...

2010 M.I.T.

Other one removed my timming chip from my left ankle...and...other one gave to me a bottle of water...

And went to congratulate my friend Nadia...and...gave her a very well deserved hug...Good Job Nadia...I know that You have been working hard for this moment...!!!!

And the photographer took us this nice Pic...

2010 M.I.T.

Got some ice with a plastic bag to put over my ankle...sitting over my cooler in Transition Area...while I was waiitng for my Buddy...

Finally when he finished and came to Transition...We collected/packed all our Race Stuff and bikes and took them to the car...

Here you can see the chaos after the Race..."Excuse me...Have you seen my Bike???" LOL

2010 M.I.T. 2010 M.I.T.

Came back to check Results...finding that...I got...

AG Female 45-49: 11th / 22

Female Overall: 192nd / 280

Overall: 644th / 1094

Total Time: 2h49m43s

Scoring 34secs PR Yes...!!!!

Congratulations Amy for your 3rd AG and Marylou for your 5th AG...!!!

Congratulations Nadia for your 9th AG...!!!

And here all the news about the Pros...

http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/Americans_on_top_in_Miami_1253.html

And Cool Pics of them...

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2010/03/photos/miami-international-...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Strong current in the Swim...

Strong winds in the Bike...and...

A twisted ankle in the Run...

But...even the circunstances...still have a great Race...

Event comments:

Excellent Race...very well organized...a lot of volunteers...enough water stations...great Post Race Activities...and...a final important point:
They finally improved their software...getting fast and better Results at the Race and online....Thanks...!!!

Last updated: 2010-02-22 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:32:44 | 1500 meters | 02m 11s / 100meters
Age Group: 16/22
Overall: 836/1094
Performance: Good
Suit: X-TERRA
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 68F / 20C Current: High
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:27
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:21:01 | 24.8 miles | 18.37 mile/hr
Age Group: 9/22
Overall: 721/1094
Wind: Strong
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:58
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:52:32 | 06.2 miles | 08m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/22
Overall: 576/1094
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-03-17 7:23 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: M.I.T. - Miami International Triathlon

2010-03-17 8:02 PM
in reply to: #2732399

User image

Extreme Veteran
Seattle
Subject: RE: M.I.T. - Miami International Triathlon
Wow - awesome report.  And great job on the race!
2010-03-17 8:07 PM

User image

Awesome race report...congrats on the PR
2010-03-18 7:44 AM

User image

Master
syracuse
great race!  awesome report with great pics!!

We loved this race, and will try and come back to it for sure!!!

I thought I saw you during the AG awards, but wasn't sure....after seeing some pics int his report, it was you....I should have stopped over to say hi...

good luck this season!

2010-03-18 9:44 AM

User image

Master
Goodyear, AZ

Well done! What a super start to the season. Great pictures and details

Sorry about your ankle- take care of that!

2010-03-18 9:45 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Utah
Cool!  very nice report.  Great race congrats.  Loved reading about the finish.  And a PR awesome!

2010-03-18 10:52 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Severna Park, MD
Velo,

You have the best race reports of anyone i know, i look forward to reading them!

Congrats on the PR!
2010-03-18 10:56 AM

User image

Pro
Baton Rouge area
Nice report!  Great job Velo!!!!
2010-03-18 5:33 PM

User image

Champion
New York, NY
way to HTFU!!!! glad your ankle is ok....no more roots!
2010-03-18 7:55 PM

User image

Love all the wonderful pics Velo.  Don't feel bad, agressive guys from other waves swim over me all the time.   Way to climb Mt. Everest and than tackle those roots.  Great Race!!! There is no doubt ever as to why they call you SUPER VELO!!!

2010-03-19 10:27 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver
Killer race Velo, you rock!! you beat me by 7 seconds on the run even with a bad ankle...

2010-03-19 10:39 AM

User image

Expert
Near Tampa
What a great RR, I thought I was reading a book with your so many details.

I've ran the KB rtails and yes, the roots sux.  Part of the strategy I suppose, I just would hate for someone to get seriously hurt.  Maybe the locals can fix them or chop them off ro somehting...  Still, its amazing how you can draw the motivation and energy to push harder when your legs are having an issue like that at the ankle.

A strong race overall, and bullet fast Ts (both).

You did not mention taking any energy during the run, yet took 2 gells some gummys, some capsules, etc during the first loop of the bike.  Was your intention to "fuel now use latter"? or you were just going by what you felt.  Obviously I am leaving the door open hoere for further clarification, and more importantly, it seemed to have worked for you today, but if this is ALL you ingested in regards to energy, I would suggest you spread it out a little bit more timewise. 

Ideally you want to have a constant flux of varying Glycemic Index' carbs, together with the protein. Look at the carbs you are taking and find online what the GIs are.  In other words, IDEALLY, you want to fuel now, then and later, with every sip or piece of gel/gummy/nutrition you take.  But then again, I am no scientist, I just sell some of the raw materials. 

Also, I believe this was an Olympic Distance race, right?  Swim 1640.42 yards / Bike 24.85 miles / Run 6.21 miles
Your Total Time was 1h49m43s - and you only got 11th AG placing?  Crap, and I thought the 40-45M Division was tough!  

You got me beat by :45-:60 mins and I thought I could manage.  Your writing ability is but one more reason to make it a point to train with you when im in SoFL!  Velo, you Rock!   Thanks for letting me experience this race, thru your writing. 
2010-03-19 11:37 AM
in reply to: #2735686

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

TrkHilo2k - 2010-03-19 11:39 AM What a great RR, I thought I was reading a book with your so many details.

I've ran the KB rtails and yes, the roots sux.  Part of the strategy I suppose, I just would hate for someone to get seriously hurt.  Maybe the locals can fix them or chop them off ro somehting...  Still, its amazing how you can draw the motivation and energy to push harder when your legs are having an issue like that at the ankle.

A strong race overall, and bullet fast Ts (both).

You did not mention taking any energy during the run, yet took 2 gells some gummys, some capsules, etc during the first loop of the bike.  Was your intention to "fuel now use latter"? or you were just going by what you felt.  Obviously I am leaving the door open hoere for further clarification, and more importantly, it seemed to have worked for you today, but if this is ALL you ingested in regards to energy, I would suggest you spread it out a little bit more timewise. 

Ideally you want to have a constant flux of varying Glycemic Index' carbs, together with the protein. Look at the carbs you are taking and find online what the GIs are.  In other words, IDEALLY, you want to fuel now, then and later, with every sip or piece of gel/gummy/nutrition you take.  But then again, I am no scientist, I just sell some of the raw materials. 

Also, I believe this was an Olympic Distance race, right?  Swim 1640.42 yards / Bike 24.85 miles / Run 6.21 miles
Your Total Time was 1h49m43s - and you only got 11th AG placing?  Crap, and I thought the 40-45M Division was tough!  

You got me beat by :45-:60 mins and I thought I could manage.  Your writing ability is but one more reason to make it a point to train with you when im in SoFL!  Velo, you Rock!   Thanks for letting me experience this race, thru your writing. 

Thanks Olmer...

Oops ....Sorry...my Total Time was 2h49m43s...It was a mistake...fixed it...!!!

About my nutrition...first...remember..."Everybody is different"....

I have been in this Triathlon business for 7 years...and...with the time I have learned how to balance my energy/nutrition/hydration during the 3 legs (Swim/Bike/Run)...and work perfect for me and never any issues...

My super-secret....LOL...I always provide enough hydration/energy gels/Endurolytes...etc...etc. before the swimming...and...during the bike...and...only water and Endurolytes if it's too hot during my run for Sprints and Olympics....and...

When I have raced 1/2 Irons...I have an AeroBottle in my bike with Energy drink extra...all the Energy Gels necesary for the 56 miles...I have one or two extra Energy Gels and more Endurolytes and SportLegs to use for the run leg....I hope this satisfied your concern....LOL

Check my 1/2 Iron Miami Man RR and you will see how it was...LOL

Edited by velorider62 2010-03-19 11:39 AM
2010-03-19 11:41 AM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

Thanks to all my BT's fans...LOL

Glad to hear you liked and enjoyed my RR....!!!

Thanks for all your kind words and support...!!  LOL

2010-03-19 1:39 PM
in reply to: #2735801

User image

Expert
Near Tampa
velorider62 - 2010-03-19 12:37 PM

Thanks Olmer...

Oops ....Sorry...my Total Time was 2h49m43s...It was a mistake...fixed it...!!!

About my nutrition...first...remember..."Everybody is different"....

I have been in this Triathlon business for 7 years...and...with the time I have learned how to balance my energy/nutrition/hydration during the 3 legs (Swim/Bike/Run)...and work perfect for me and never any issues...

My super-secret....LOL...I always provide enough hydration/energy gels/Endurolytes...etc...etc. before the swimming...and...during the bike...and...only water and Endurolytes if it's too hot during my run for Sprints and Olympics....and...

When I have raced 1/2 Irons...I have an AeroBottle in my bike with Energy drink extra...all the Energy Gels necesary for the 56 miles...I have one or two extra Energy Gels and more Endurolytes and SportLegs to use for the run leg....I hope this satisfied your concern....LOL

Check my 1/2 Iron Miami Man RR and you will see how it was...LOL

Wow!  now you're talking - we'd be great training partners!!! 

And I know evryone's unique, I was being more curious than critical... never done a HIM and nutrition is right now my biggest concern.  I will look up and read your HIM RR later today/tonite.  What do u normally mix in your bottle for long dist?  Accelerade works great for me.  I also make some home made formulas that work well.  I am not big on the caps but have tried some of my customer's products w/ mixed results.

BTW: I'll be in SoFL next week w/o the standard troop of Japanese folks (I work for a JP co. and they find visiting customers in wolfpacks to be amusing) -LOL   This means I'll be able to bring my gear along.  I'll PM you my email and phone. 

2010-03-19 4:16 PM

User image

Expert
West Palm Beach, FL
Well done!

2010-03-20 9:34 AM
in reply to: #2736131

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

TrkHilo2k - 2010-03-19 2:39 PM
velorider62 - 2010-03-19 12:37 PM

What do u normally mix in your bottle for long dist? 

I usually mix Cytomax  with Accelerade or Amino Vital....and for me...all have to be in citrus flavors...

I received your PM....No Problem...I will send to you one to you...

2010-03-20 10:11 AM

User image

Elite
Miami
nice race, but wow i love your pics even more.  how did you get such nice pics coming out of the water?  ASI orders?  they screwed all of mine up.

2010-03-20 11:45 AM

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach
Awesome job and report!!! No wonder you have soooooooo many fans ;-)

Hope you ankle is better!
2010-03-20 1:58 PM

User image

Miami,FL
Go Velo Go!!!! That was me, I wasnt able to race so i volunteered. I was the one cheering you on when riding ur bike out of transition. Great Race Report. I will be volunteering april 3 too! Great race, hopefully i'll get to race the trilogy this year.
2010-03-20 8:02 PM

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
Great job!

You still do the best race reports.

Have a great season.

2010-03-20 8:11 PM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
Great job....you are like the pro of race reports! WOW!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » M.I.T. - Miami International Triathlon Rss Feed