Sierra Vista Police Department
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 22m 15s
Overall Rank = 11/
Age Group = M 20-29
Age Group Rank = 4/
Pre-race routine:

Up most of the night due to work schedule, ate at about 1am then again at about 4:00
Event warmup:

Did some light jogging and dynamics, then some striders
Run
  • 22m 15s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 09s  min/mile
Comments:

Went out a bit fast, overall pacing wasn't great but this was my first 5k so I'm not too upset about it. Overall my average was well under my Goal of 7:25/mi. Developed a stitch in my side at about the 2.5 mile mark, slowing a bit and focusing on running tall made it manageable through the end. Got chicked by the female winner at the 3mi mark and couldn't quite match her kick (she was too young to be considered pace booty to add insult to injury). I missed the Podium in my AG by about 12 seconds, good motivation for training I guess.
What would you do differently?:

Pacing could use a little work.
Post race
Warm down:

Some walking around then banana and water, hung around for a special Olympics run which was kinda fun

What limited your ability to perform faster:

First event at this distance, always could use more speedwork, wasn't expecting the trail portion

Event comments:

First year ever for this race, there were a few hiccups and it started about 20 Minutes late. Most of the volunteers were pretty clueless, one tried to send me to the wrong place for the start.

Prizes and raffle were awesome for an event of this size. Tons of free stuff and a pretty cool T-Shirt. I think I walked away from this one with more than the $25 entry fee worth of free swag.

Overall the race was well done aside from the first time kinks that needed to be worked out.

Last updated: 2010-06-12 12:00 AM
Running
00:22:15 | 03.11 miles | 07m 09s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
L1: 6:50 L2: 7:14 L3: 7:20
Course: Pretty flat with a few hills, between 0.5 and 0.75mi of Trail running, which I wasn't expecting, but turned out to be fun.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes