General Discussion Triathlon Talk » training coach and workout buddies in CampHill/York area... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-26 9:11 PM

Subject: training coach and workout buddies in CampHill/York area...
OK, I am trying very hard to get ready for my first Tri (the Chambersburg YMCA Sprint TRI, on Sept 25th). I was getting ready with a friend. But, I need someone more consistent. And, she is seldom available..... I need someone to bike with, etc.......

Also, I need a Tri-coach for advice and cannot seem to find one in the area. I train at the Camp Hill YMCA.

Advice????

Angel

2010-06-26 9:57 PM
in reply to: #2945936

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: training coach and workout buddies in CampHill/York area...

Angel,

There are a lot of people here that are more than willing to answer your questions and will give good advice, all you need to do is ask.

I'm east of Lancaster, so I'm a little too far to train with but good luck on your tri!

2010-06-28 5:00 PM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
I'm not a coach, but there are quite a few of us in the Harrisburg area who meet up randomly for training.  Let me know if you want to go for a ride or run some week night.  I can see who else would be up for it, and try to make some introductions so you can get to know more people in the tri community to train with.
2010-06-28 8:53 PM

Thanks guys! And, Don, I called about Team in Training and am still waiting for a call from them. I know I cannot do the DC Tri (too long of a race for my first). 
I guess my biggest question right now is how often for each sport, how many days off per week, when to start T1s and T2s etc,.
Right now I bike or spin 3x's a week, swim 2xs a week, and walk/run 2xs a week. Still trying to heal some Plantar Facsiitis that is killing my run training... but I am sure I can do this Triathlon, Sprint Tri on Sept. 25th,  (just need some moral support). Thanks guys!

Angel 

2010-06-30 7:53 PM
in reply to: #2949663

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
angelafriend - 2010-06-28 9:53 PM Thanks guys! And, Don, I called about Team in Training and am still waiting for a call from them. I know I cannot do the DC Tri (too long of a race for my first). 
I guess my biggest question right now is how often for each sport, how many days off per week, when to start T1s and T2s etc,.
Right now I bike or spin 3x's a week, swim 2xs a week, and walk/run 2xs a week. Still trying to heal some Plantar Facsiitis that is killing my run training... but I am sure I can do this Triathlon, Sprint Tri on Sept. 25th,  (just need some moral support). Thanks guys!

Angel 

Have you checked out the beginner plans on this site? 

It's hard to give specific advice without details of what you're doing now.  I'd recommend logging your workouts here.  It's easy and will allow people to give you more detailed feedback.
2010-07-02 2:00 PM

JUst changed my logon to FormerFitnessPro. THANK YOU!!! Yes! I have looked at the plans on the site. I just like the personal touch of a coach that can help you individually. I will be using this site for sure, though! 

Thanks to all!

Angel 

2010-07-06 11:23 AM

I am always looking for someone to go for long rides with... let me know.  I work in Harrisburg and live in York, so I can pretty much make either work.
2010-07-08 9:03 AM
in reply to: #2963434

User image

PA
Smoo - 2010-07-06 12:23 PM I am always looking for someone to go for long rides with... let me know.  I work in Harrisburg and live in York, so I can pretty much make either work.

Check out new thread started by TriMyBest..."SC PA Group Ride".
2010-07-08 9:06 AM
in reply to: #2967862

User image

Champion
PA

KimaFit - 2010-07-08 10:03 AM
Smoo - 2010-07-06 12:23 PM I am always looking for someone to go for long rides with... let me know.  I work in Harrisburg and live in York, so I can pretty much make either work.

Definitely!  I can't believe how many of us are in Central PA.  I'm in Dover and I work in Camp Hill so I probably see many of you folks while I'm out biking or running in the area.  I'm going to find a bright yellow pair of Spongebob Squarepants biking shorts so you people know it's me.  You can then decide whether or not to wave or run the other way.  Laughing

Wabash, I'm getting you pants with Patrick on them.

2010-07-08 9:11 AM
in reply to: #2967872

User image

PA
Pector55 - 2010-07-08 10:06 AM

KimaFit - 2010-07-08 10:03 AM

Definitely!  I can't believe how many of us are in Central PA.  I'm in Dover and I work in Camp Hill so I probably see many of you folks while I'm out biking or running in the area.  I'm going to find a bright yellow pair of Spongebob Squarepants biking shorts so you people know it's me.  You can then decide whether or not to wave or run the other way.  Laughing

Wabash, I'm getting you pants with Patrick on them.

LOL....I'll keep an eye out for a yellow blurr as you pass me.  I'll be the one hugging the right side of the bike lane.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » training coach and workout buddies in CampHill/York area... Rss Feed