sacramento, ca
Subject: Anyone from Sacramento, CA?
anyone from sacramento, Ca?

2005-07-12 9:26 AM
in reply to: #195486

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA
Subject: RE: Anyone from Sacramento, CA?

There's a couple of people on the site from that area (I'm from Livermore myself) - ellismichael and a few others.

Welcome!

2005-07-13 1:34 AM

sacramento, ca
oh ok, whats up?
plan on doing the sac invitational at the end of this month?
www.updogsports.com
2005-07-21 11:49 AM
in reply to: #196797

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA
Nope - not going to be in town then.  Good luck if you are!
2005-10-24 9:22 PM

Yes - I'm from Sac - are you looking for a training partner?
I am looking for someone to train with -- but I'm a REAL beginner. I need someone who will push me - but is willing to do some easy workouts and short runs/rides with me. (maybe as a second workout of the day)

2005-10-24 9:26 PM
in reply to: #271681

User image

Master
Sonoma County, CA
leslieb555 - 2005-10-24 6:22 PM

Yes - I'm from Sac - are you looking for a training partner?
I am looking for someone to train with -- but I'm a REAL beginner. I need someone who will push me - but is willing to do some easy workouts and short runs/rides with me. (maybe as a second workout of the day)

leslieb555, check out the wildflower thread.... http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... ...there's a lot of us locals (north bay, east bay, even some sacto) that are going on a training weekend. I encourage you to hook up with the group...they're a great bunch of people who I have had the pleasure of doing some races with.... madkat, ky13, dhlundblad, LynnieB, cadreamer.

doesn't matter how fast you are with this group...only that you want to go out, try/tri and have some fun. there are allll ranges.

Edited by crpadiem 2005-10-24 9:27 PM

2005-10-26 2:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA (Sacramento)
I too live in the Sac area and I am looking for people to train with. I particularly need help with open water swimming.
2005-10-26 5:17 PM

User image

Antelope, CA
I'm from Antelope.
2005-10-27 6:39 PM

User image

New user

I'm from Sac....anyone for getting a saturday morning ride group together??
2005-10-27 10:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
I just moved to Sacramento. I'm in offseason, but would love a few training partners.
2005-10-27 11:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Saturday bike rides work well for me. 

2005-10-27 11:26 PM

Anyone else out there a true beginner? I am just starting out and really want to do a Sprint Tri next spring - but I'd love to have a workout partner to help push me along. When I trained for the AIDS ride several years ago, it was my saving grace to have a fit friend to come along on training rides with me. -- I find it hard to find a group ride or run that is of any length or speed that I can do at this early part of the game. I'd love to meet someone else who is either a true beginner OR someone who is willing to have a small second workout with someone like me. At this point I'm able to jog about a mile, swim a mile (haven't tried open water yet) and ride about 6 miles - but I'm VERY slow at all three. Any suggestions or ideas?
2005-10-28 2:53 AM
in reply to: #273680

User image

Antelope, CA
I'm working this Saturday but let me know if you get something together for next Sat. or whenever - maybe we could meet at a LBS.
2005-10-28 2:58 AM
in reply to: #273740

User image

Antelope, CA
Since you're a vet and new to town you might want to check out Total Body Fitness tbfracing.com - they run races out here at Folsom lake.
2005-10-28 10:18 AM

User image

Veteran

leslieb555, we all have to start from ground zero and I for one would be more than willing to train with you. Plus I am new swimmer and need someone to inspire me to swim in the open water (Lake Natomas is a good place for training).

It sounds like there is interest here, perhaps we should arrange a time some weekend or a weekday evening for everybody to meet?

2005-10-28 6:48 PM

User image

Expert
I'm interested too. An OWS sounds great. It's not really safe to do it alone, so if we got a group together that would be good. While we're there, we could go for a bike ride on the bike trail.

Next weekend I'm out of town at the Wildflower training, but the weekend after that I'll be here. How about the morning of Saturday, Nov 12? 9am? Lake Natomas?

I'll probably only want to swim that day because it's a big training day for me for my upcoming marathon, but in the future, I'd be up for just about anything.

Mike

2005-10-28 10:20 PM
in reply to: #273987

Thanks! To be honest with you I am a bit intimidated ~ but I'd love to have someone with a little more experience help me out!

I'd love to start with some easy running in the evenings if anyone is game. Running is my biggest challenge (and least favorite) I don't know what I can do at this point - probably a mile or so. I live in Citrus Heights as well - so if anyone wants to name the place to meet - I'll be there. Next Thursday would be good for me.

As far as some open water swimming - I don't have a wet suit yet. Do you think I'd need one for Lake Natoma this time of year? I'm going to start looking into getting one. It's a little hard to find one in my size - as I'm a pretty big girl - but they've gotta be out there!

2005-10-30 3:55 PM
in reply to: #274386

User image

Expert
What's great about people who are new to triathlons is their energy and enthusiasm. I know I need to tap into that from time to time when my own enthusiasm is waning.

My current running schedule calls for runs on Tue, Wed, Thu, and Sat. I live on the South side of Roseville almost to Citrus Heights. I have an idea for a win-win. Depending on where you live in Citrus Heights, I could run to where you are or to some central location, then we could run together for a mile or however long you want to run, then I can continue and finish the distance I'm supposed to do (according to my schedule). Something like that. I usually run in the evening, except on Saturday when I usually run in the middle of the day sometime. I usually get off work at 6 or 6:30 M-F and start my run sometime between 7 and 8:30.

Yes, I think you'll need a wetsuit for Lake Natomas. It kind of depends on your tolerance for cold water, but for my wimpy self, anything under about 72 is just too cold. But I've also seen swimmers do it without wetsuits. You have to get used to the water for a few minutes before starting to swim or it will be too much of a shock to your system (at least that was my experience at an OWS before I got my wetsuit). If you're thinking about buying one, now's the time of the year because you can probably find some end of the year or off-season sales. The sizing can vary (the charts aren't always right) so if you order online make sure they have a good return policy.

Mike
2005-11-12 12:05 AM

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA

So, I've been keeping up on this thread, and I'd be available next weekend to come up for some sort of group training event.  I live in Livermore, so it pretty much would have to be set in stone, but it'd be nice to do some part of my workouts for the weekend with other people. 

2005-11-12 12:14 AM
in reply to: #274731

Mike - So sorry it's taken forever for a response from me. I fell off the training wagon so to speak and it's been tough to get back on board. I'm working on getting myself back into some sort of decent condition before I venture into training with others. I really appreciate the offer- and will absolutely take you up on it before long. I will stay in touch - and join you on a short portion of your run within a couple weeks.

Any suggestions for a good place to get a wetsuit? Swimming is my favorite sport and I'd love to get myself into the water sooner rather than later.

Thanks again -- I can't wait to get going!! :-)
2005-11-12 1:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
Leslie,
I am working at Fleet Feet in Sac and I believe we are having a sale on our wetsuits right now. The rentals are also on sale a bit cheaper.

If anyone is up for a group ride Sat or Sun of next weekend I'm game. Maybe 7 or 8am on the American River Parkway. I think the dates are 17th and 18th. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Jessi

2005-11-12 8:22 PM

User image

Expert
I got my wetsuit at Fleet Feet downtown. They are also offered at the other Fleet Feet locations. There's a triathlon store downtown that I've never been to called Total Tri Sports (http://www.totaltri.com). They're advertising a wetsuit sale on their website (although their discounts don't look that exciting). There are also wetsuits at Rocklin Running and Racing in Rocklin (http://www.runningracing.com). I don't think there are any wetsuits at Norcal Swim Shop on Sunrise just south of Douglas, but I like that store for general swim stuff.

Leslie, I understand. Do you belong to a gym where you can swim indoors? There are pools at most of the local gyms. For a coached workout, I've never been to it but there's a master's class at CA Family Fitness in Rocklin. There's also a good master's swim class at Sierra College's pool (http://www.ramsswim.org).

Would a 1.5-2hr ride on Saturday the 19th at 8am work for everyone? My coach has me scheduled for a long ride that day and a long run on Sunday. We could start at the Fish Hatchery (West sid of Hazel just north of Hwy 50) where the parking is free and the trail towards CSUS is flat.

Mike
2005-11-13 7:53 PM

User image

Antelope, CA
Thanks for the tip on the wetsuit! I am going to buy one soon. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the ride on Saturday morning sounds like fun. I hope you get together and start something regular. Then maybe next time I can make it. I am up for a 2 hour bike ride or a 5-6 mile trail run along the river. My pace on the bike is about 15 MPH and on the run about 8.5 min. miles - kind of slow but that's where I'm at. My swim is non-existent but I am going to start to work on that this winter.

Keep in touch.
Thanks,
Jon
2005-11-14 2:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
Sat morn sounds like a plan..... now I've just got to find my other bike shoe.
2005-11-16 8:21 AM

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA
I'll be there - 8:00 am, sounds like fun!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone from Sacramento, CA? Rss Feed  

of 2