General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone from Sacramento, CA? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2005-11-20 3:18 PM
in reply to: #195486

User image

Antelope, CA
Subject: RE: Anyone from Sacramento, CA?
Hey, how was your training ride? Are you planning on getting together for another one anytime soon? Or how 'bout a trail run?

Let me know.
Thanks,
Jon

2005-11-20 6:57 PM

User image

Expert
Jon,
It was great! Too bad you couldn't make it. Shellee (cadreamer) and I started from the Fish Hatchery at about 8:30 and rode for 2 hours, covering about 29 miles. It was sunny and a little cool at first, but that was OK because by the time we ended it was starting to get warm. We kept a good pace, averaging about 14.5 mph. The route was pretty flat with a few small hills and some twists and turns, partly shaded and beautiful scenery along the river. We even saw a bald eagle! (I didn't know there were any in this area.) Lots of runners were out training for the upcoming CA Int'l Marathon, and there were a couple of moments that were pretty technical, riding around curves, runners, and other cyclists. It was nice to ride with someone else for a change. Afterwards we had some mini muffins and chatted.

Nothing concrete is planned because of the upcoming holiday, but both of us are interested in group workouts in the future. A trail run sounds great. Do you know of a good place to run?

Mike

(B11-19-05.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
B11-19-05.jpg (32KB - 32 downloads)
2005-11-21 12:09 AM

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA

Ok, Mike provided the mini muffins (which were REALLY good after the ride) and I provided the pace - cause I'm not quite as fast as Mike, he slowed down for me a bit.  Was a very good ride.

I'd be up for something again, but probably not a group run - as no one I know really runs my pace (I think 15 minute miles are really awesome right now - and that is, however you slice it, dog slow.)

The ride was great though, nice to ride with someone else for a change and in a different place.

Anytime anyone wants to come down from Sacramento and try out some rides in my area (Livermore) that'd be great too.  I'm going to try and find some other people around here (Mike's suggestion) try and set up some more group training options.

2005-11-21 1:35 AM

User image

Antelope, CA
All right!! Sounds like I missed a great ride and some tasty muffins but I saw Depeche Mode on Friday night - they were awesome!!

Mike,
I usually run at Folsom lake. I'll start at the very first boat launch and cross the road where the kiosk is and there is a hiker/horse only trail that goes out to Beeks Bight and farther. Out to Beeks Bight and back is roughly four to five miles. Also, I have run on that crushed rock trail/path that runs along Lake Natoma from the park at Hazel up to, just short of, the BP bike shop. Out and back on that would be about ten miles and that is out of my range. I usually end-up walking the last few miles.
I'd like to go for a bike ride too. I'd like to see if I could keep up with your pace. We could even do a brick at the lake - either a mountain or road ride and then a trail run. Let me know if you want to get together.

Shellee,
I would be up for a ride in Livermore - especially out in the wine country area. I could pick-up some Concannon or Wente after our ride. Let me know if you are going to put a group ride together.

The Holidays are upon us and soon the rains will be here so keep in touch even if we can't get together till next year - at least it's worth a tri.

Jon
2005-11-22 10:00 AM

Veteran
Well I'm not from Sacramento yet.  But after reading this thread it just makes me want to move there even more now.  Hopefully I'll be moving in mid of Jan I hope.
2006-01-25 4:05 PM

User image

Antelope, CA
Hey, just wanted to send out a notice that TBF is starting the Chanoko Mt. Bike Duathlon and Mt. Bike Challenge series - starts this weekend at Lake Folsom, Granite Bay parking lot. Check it out http://www.tbfracing.com/

BTW- I am a relocation coordinator so let me know if I can be of any help with your move to Sacramento.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone from Sacramento, CA? Rss Feed  

of 2