Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Thoughts on man winning the Disney Princess Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2010-09-30 11:08 AM
in reply to: #3124999

User image

Champion
Lost in the Luminiferous Aether
Subject: RE: Thoughts on man winning the Disney Princess Half Marathon
Renee - 2010-09-29 9:03 PM I think that if they accept his race fee, then he's entitled to race. And win.

I do not dig all-female race events. Too much estrogen. And I hate the "We're too sweet to compete" vibe. I did one and that was enough to turn me off to doing any others.

I read a race report several years ago about an all woman's tri in Orlando (I forget which one). The race report writer was describing how the announcer was, more or less, discouraging a competitive attitude towards the swim start. It was very "We're here to support each other and form bonds, no need to tear into the water." No, we're not. We're here to race. Get on with it.

I guess that depends on the race.  Having been to one in Orlando I will tell you there was no lack of competition in the race.  There was also no lack of encouragement even by those passing me at a good clip on the run.

2010-09-30 11:12 AM
in reply to: #3125894

User image

Expert
Marvarnett - 2010-09-30 11:03 AM
UWMadTri - 2010-09-30 11:52 AM

My rather poorly constructed argument is that more women will want to avoid working out in a situation where they will feel uncomfortable (e.g. ogled, judged, the perception of either of those things, regardless of the reality) than will men. Men do not have the same problems of discrimination with women as women do.

So now men have to cater to how a small subset of women PERCEIVE how men are viewing them.  If they are uncomfortable, that's on them.  (kind of a throwback to the Breastfeeding thread...I know)

So you're saying, "Men...if you have a problem with it...that's your problem suck it up buttercup.  Women...if you have a problem with it, we will change things for you to feel more comfortable"

I don't think I'm asking men to cater to anything. I'm asking them to use common sense when choosing their races. And no, women being uncomfortable is not "on them." It is on society and the way that women have been grossly marginalized throughout history, up until recent times where it has gotten significantly better.

I AM asking men that participate in this race to suck it up, yes. Pick another race, there are plenty out there. I don't expect adults to participate in kid's races, I don't expect men to to participate in women's races, I expect anyone on the planet that would like to participate in 99% of the other races to participate in those.
2010-09-30 11:12 AM
in reply to: #3125840

Extreme Veteran
Northbridge, Massachusetts
Marvarnett - 2010-09-30 8:42 AM
travljini - 2010-09-30 8:32 AM

I just get a little riled up when men trip over their dicks to talk about how unfair it is that there's "women's only" this or that, when in TWO THOUSAND AND TEN there's still so much subtle, and often blatant discrimination.  I work in a federal court, and law schools are churning out so many smart and bright young women, I walk out into hearings and corporations still send in a sea of WHITE MEN to try their cases.

Yeah...why would they corporation want to send in the most experienced lawyers, who happen to be white men, in to try their cases.   Once the newly graduated women or men lawyers get up to speed and prove their worth...they will get sent in.

Show me a study that compares the amount of time at the job, time taken off (for whatever reason) vs pay and THEN considers the sex.  I'm pretty sure that the whole 81 cents on the dollar thing will be debunked fairly quickly. 

Just like the whole harp about women CEO's.  Yes...there are fewer...because it took those guys who happen to be white 30-40 years to get there.  Check back in about 20 years and lets discuss...

I have to disagree on the wait 20 years and see track.  I have been in the work force for 27 years and have the same education, experience and with the exception of the 3 months off for maternity leave after 20 years of an established career, I still see the good ole boy club in full force.

To this day, I hear about the fact that a man has to "support" his family and the assumption is that a woman is the secondary income or worse, single, so should be shorted on salary for no responsibility or secondary responsibility.
I am the one who earns the larger income and has the more demanding job. 

There have been plenty of women in the workforce for the last 20 to 30 years.

I remember when I was promoted to the executive suite, I was surprised at the number of women who actually cheered on the floor when the announcement was made because a woman had finally cracked the "glass ceiling". 

2010-09-30 11:19 AM

User image

Champion
Marvarnett - 2010-09-30 12:03 PM

My rather poorly constructed argument is that more women will want to avoid working out in a situation where they will feel uncomfortable (e.g. ogled, judged, the perception of either of those things, regardless of the reality) than will men. Men do not have the same problems of discrimination with women as women do.

So now men have to cater to how a small subset of women PERCEIVE how men are viewing them.  If they are uncomfortable, that's on them.  (kind of a throwback to the Breastfeeding thread...I know)

"

For a lot of women it is more than how they are being viewed.  They are uncomfortable with the "testosterone zone"  men get rowdy and tend lack a certain amount of care in what they are doing.  If you are a 6 foot + well built man that may not be a problem but be a 5'3"-6" woman and said 6+ footer can hurt you without actually meaning to.  I on the other hand have no problem with planting an elbow in a rib cage. 
2010-09-30 11:22 AM
in reply to: #3124913

User image

Extreme Veteran
TriRSquared - 2010-09-30 11:06 AM He's like the guy who sued Hooters to be a waitress.  He's trying to make a point just to make a point.  And he's a d-bag.  We all know the point of these women races.  So is it legal via the letter of the rules? Sure.  But why be an about it?

This^^.
What is the point of a male entering a race that is obviously focused on women.
  •  "fit for a princess"
  • "earn her glass slippers"
  • "woman who runs her kingdom"

I don't care what the "legal" rules say, the guy who reads this and decides to intrude is either a disrespectful tool or one who places his own agenda above that of whom the race is clearly designed for...and I don't care if he comes in first or last. 

Oh hell, I was gonna stay out of it...and after this I will retire back into bushes... and see if ya'll can argue your way to 20!!
2010-09-30 11:31 AM

User image

Veteran
I've thought about it a bit, and having read over some of the comments here, this is what I think on the subject:

I find it fairly reprehensible for a man to enter a race designed for women in order to satisfy some basic need to 'win' or at least perceive themselves as competing at a higher level.  I'm not being sexist, I'm drawing this from the article:

[Q]Although men are loath to admit it, one appeal women's races have for them is the shot at a better finish. Men who ran in the middle of a pack of guys can finish near the top of a field teeming with women.[/Q]

The fact is these races include men because they have to.  I'm not overly persuaded by arguments that it's not right for women to exclude men from these races.  Men and woman are not situated similarly.  This doesn't speak to superiority, intelligence, or worth; simply fact.  Men and women have different bodies that have differing biological functions.

Many sports are bifurcated because of gender.  Women don't generally compete with men in professional level sports; swimming, track and field, basketball, soccer, and golf to name a few.  Even technical sports have strength component that favor men. 

Take golf, for instance.  My brother and I had a heated debate about whether men and women should compete against each other in golf.  Ultimately, what it boils down to is that men, as a general rule, drive farther than women.  On the green, there's really no difference, but in getting to the green there is.

So we divide these sports up, so they're fair for the respective genders.  The alternative would be to either handicap the men or give the women some advantage to compensate for whatever physical advantage men have.  I think it's pretty clear that in many sports men have an advantage over women, and I don't think many folks disagree with that - unless they were just being contrary.

2010-09-30 11:35 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by trid 2010-09-30 11:36 AM
2010-09-30 11:35 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by trid 2010-09-30 11:36 AM
2010-09-30 11:40 AM
in reply to: #3125987

Expert
Johners - 2010-09-30 11:31 AM I've thought about it a bit, and having read over some of the comments here, this is what I think on the subject:

I find it fairly reprehensible for a man to enter a race designed for women in order to satisfy some basic need to 'win' or at least perceive themselves as competing at a higher level.  I'm not being sexist, I'm drawing this from the article:

[Q]Although men are loath to admit it, one appeal women's races have for them is the shot at a better finish. Men who ran in the middle of a pack of guys can finish near the top of a field teeming with women.[/Q]

The fact is these races include men because they have to.  I'm not overly persuaded by arguments that it's not right for women to exclude men from these races.  Men and woman are not situated similarly.  This doesn't speak to superiority, intelligence, or worth; simply fact.  Men and women have different bodies that have differing biological functions.

Many sports are bifurcated because of gender.  Women don't generally compete with men in professional level sports; swimming, track and field, basketball, soccer, and golf to name a few.  Even technical sports have strength component that favor men. 

Take golf, for instance.  My brother and I had a heated debate about whether men and women should compete against each other in golf.  Ultimately, what it boils down to is that men, as a general rule, drive farther than women.  On the green, there's really no difference, but in getting to the green there is.

So we divide these sports up, so they're fair for the respective genders.  The alternative would be to either handicap the men or give the women some advantage to compensate for whatever physical advantage men have.  I think it's pretty clear that in many sports men have an advantage over women, and I don't think many folks disagree with that - unless they were just being contrary.

You coherently stated what I was incapable of stating without a bunch of fluff, so consider this an extended +1.
2010-09-30 11:45 AM
in reply to: #3125861

Veteran

I think I figured out the quotes...

UWMadTri - 2010-09-30 8:52 AM It's probably because people such as yourself would sue the race organizers.

*Sigh* here we go again. Your assumption that I would sue is as fair as my assumption that every time you don't place first in a race, you lay on the ground, kicking and screaming that life is unfair. And blaming men for this unfairness, obviously.

UWMadTri - 2010-09-30 8:52 AM Just because something isn't illegal, or to avoid the double negative, just because something is legal, does not make it morally or ethically justified.

Agreed.

UWMadTri - 2010-09-30 8:52 AM No, discrimination is NOT discrimination. There is discrimination that is protected by law, there is discrimination that is protected by social mores and norms, and there is discrimination that only philosophy classes should focus on. Your argument is of the latter.

I disagree. I believe (and yes, I may be mistaken) that discrimination is wrong. Period. And I also believe that this can be addressed with the existing laws, which in many cases are not enforced, rather then by counter-discriminating.

UWMadTri - 2010-09-30 8:52 AM Which brings me to another point that perhaps I should clarify, if I have not yet: I've got no problem with the guy entering, I've got a problem with the guy winning. It's bad form on his part.

It was a race. He won. No bad form involved, any more then the woman that you were urging to win the men's only race in the above paragraph would be showing bad form by winning said race.

Talk about fallacies of logic...whoa.

Like your asking for evidence, me not providing it (which obviously means that I was wrong), and then you doing the same, and thinking that it is different...?

My rather poorly constructed argument is that more women will want to avoid working out in a situation where they will feel uncomfortable (e.g. ogled, judged, the perception of either of those things, regardless of the reality) than will men.

I'm afraid that we seem to be living on different planets. While admittedly women are much better at being subtle, if you seriously believe that men are not “ogled, judged, the perception of either of those things, regardless of the reality”, then you are either living in a convent, a cave or a seperate reality then people I know.

Men do not have the same problems of discrimination with women as women do.

Absolutely. So let's deal with that problem, instead of adding another one.

My biggest concern is your view of this as discrimination, with respect to ACTUAL cases of discrimination.

Yet another assumption, since you have no idea as to how I view ACTUAL cases of discrimination. You really need to work on this... :-)

Do you place the same weight for this form of discrimination as you do for discrimination against minority groups? If you want to ignore everything else I said, please at least respond to this.

Not even close. With this form of discrimination, I respond in a forum, mention it to my better half, and when they get older, I'll discuss it with my kids. Like you said, it's fluff. With other forms, such as discrimination against gays, women in the workplace, minorities, etc., I believe that if you are not part of the solution, you are definitely part of the problem. I will argue the situation if I see it, confront those that are wrong, show my support where I can, and teach my kids to do the same.

Discrimination is wrong, it's unacceptable, and ignoring it furthers the problem.

2010-09-30 11:59 AM
in reply to: #3125987

Veteran
Johners - 2010-09-30 9:31 AM

You seem to have missed these quotes:

[Q]Brook Gardner, an Oregon sports journalist, went to San Francisco last year to cover the race, and at the urging of Nike officials agreed to run it[/Q]

[Q]Some men run at the behest of girlfriends and wives[/Q]

[Q]He ran it, he says, because his wife, coach of a Nike running club, encouraged him.[/Q]

So we divide these sports up, so they're fair for the respective genders.

But the point is that this is not allowed. Should it be?

2010-09-30 12:03 PM

NC

So you're saying, "Men...if you have a problem with it...that's your problem suck it up buttercup.  Women...if you have a problem with it, we will change things for you to feel more comfortable"

Interesting comparison.
2010-09-30 12:04 PM
in reply to: #3125840

Sneaky Slow
Herndon, VA,
Marvarnett - 2010-09-30 11:42 AM 
Show me a study that compares the amount of time at the job, time taken off (for whatever reason) vs pay and THEN considers the sex.  I'm pretty sure that the whole 81 cents on the dollar thing will be debunked fairly quickly. 

Um, ok.

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d0435.pdf

This PDF has some summary Power Point slides at the beginning that summarize the statistical analysis performed,
and one bullet on the summary page reads,

"After accounting for all factors that affect income, women earned an average of 80 percent what men earned in 2000."

Oh, wait.  You were right.  It *did* debunk the 81 cents on the dollar thing.  This study came out with 80 cents.

Good call.

Edited by tealeaf 2010-09-30 12:05 PM
2010-09-30 12:17 PM
in reply to: #3126027

Expert
r1237h - 2010-09-30 11:45 AM

*Sigh* here we go again. Your assumption that I would sue is as fair as my assumption that every time you don't place first in a race, you lay on the ground, kicking and screaming that life is unfair. And blaming men for this unfairness, obviously.

I agree that including the "you" part in that was unfair. That's not the crux of my argument though.

I disagree. I believe (and yes, I may be mistaken) that discrimination is wrong. Period. And I also believe that this can be addressed with the existing laws, which in many cases are not enforced, rather then by counter-discriminating.

Alright, well I suppose that we can agree to disagree on the basis of the argument of shades of discrimination.

It was a race. He won. No bad form involved, any more then the woman that you were urging to win the men's only race in the above paragraph would be showing bad form by winning said race.

Wrong. He entered the race knowing that he had a statistically larger chance of placing well at this race than at a race with men involved. The woman would not have that same opportunity.

I'm afraid that we seem to be living on different planets. While admittedly women are much better at being subtle, if you seriously believe that men are not “ogled, judged, the perception of either of those things, regardless of the reality”, then you are either living in a convent, a cave or a seperate reality then people I know.

I cannot possibly believe that you are making the argument that you're intending to make, unless you're simply making a semantic argument based on the exclusion of qualifiers. You truly believe that the men and women are on the same playing field in this regard?!

Absolutely. So let's deal with that problem, instead of adding another one.

OK, this kind of goes contrary to what you said above, so perhaps you'd like to enter a retraction? And how the heck is this adding a problem? Bringing a debate like this to light highlights the underlying tensions that are inherently present in the system and are not suddenly created when some race organizers decide to do something strictly for women.

Yet another assumption, since you have no idea as to how I view ACTUAL cases of discrimination. You really need to work on this... :-)

Erm, no. This is not an assumption. You clearly stated that you believe "Discrimination is discrimination.", therefore you have an imbalance between this innocuous form of discrimination and the real issues of discrimination that prevent people from getting jobs, apartments, etc.

Not even close. With this form of discrimination, I respond in a forum, mention it to\ my better half, and when they get older, I'll discuss it with my kids. Like you said, it's fluff. With other forms, such as discrimination against gays, women in the workplace, minorities, etc., I believe that if you are not part of the solution, you are definitely part of the problem. I will argue the situation if I see it, confront those that are wrong, show my support where I can, and teach my kids to do the same.

Discrimination is wrong, it's unacceptable, and ignoring it furthers the problem.

You're contradicting your own arguments again. You claim that "Discrimination is discrimination. You want to sugar coat it and make excuses, go right ahead" yet you say here that this is "fluff." Then you end with discrimination being "wrong."

I'm just having a difficult time following your arguments. If it's that all discrimination is the same, with no shades of gray, alright let's go that route. If you think that this form of discrimination is "fluff", then we're not really arguing at all! If you think that men and women are treated equally and should therefore have a level playing field for everything, that's another argument. If you think that men and women are treated unequally, then we can argue about whether or not it's therefore appropriate to have the marginalized group be privy to certain "dispensations."

If you could clarify your points for me, it would make me a much more effective debater.
2010-09-30 12:21 PM
in reply to: #3125943

Champion
Atlanta, Ga
trinnas - 2010-09-30 12:19 PM

"

For a lot of women it is more than how they are being viewed.  They are uncomfortable with the "testosterone zone"  men get rowdy and tend lack a certain amount of care in what they are doing.  If you are a 6 foot + well built man that may not be a problem but be a 5'3"-6" woman and said 6+ footer can hurt you without actually meaning to.  I on the other hand have no problem with planting an elbow in a rib cage. 

Personal story:
When I was in my senior year of HS I weighed 120 lbs and was 5' 11".  I decided that I wanted to try and 'bulk up' figuring it was a good idea. 

Was it intimidating?  You betcha!  Did I feel as if I was getting laughed at as I asked someone to spot me for my max bench press lift of 85 lbs*?  Yep.  But I sucked it up and minded my own business while doing what everyone else was doing in there...working out.

I actually even asked to be able to workout in the 'women's only' section and was told No.  But the women could flow between theirs and the 'normal' side.  When I was getting back into running I ran with the women's team in college and they didn't have a problem with it.  Probably because they destroyed me...but that's besides the point.

My point being that both men and women have the same insecurity issues it's just that in general men are told to suck it up and women are catered to.  I find that odd for the "we are just as strong' crowd.

*eventually I maxed out at 205 lbs and gained 35 lbs  (go me!)

Edited by Marvarnett 2010-09-30 12:21 PM
2010-09-30 12:26 PM
in reply to: #3126105

NC
UWMadTri - 2010-09-30 1:17 PM

Wrong. He entered the race knowing that he had a statistically larger chance of placing well at this race than at a race with men involved. The woman would not have that same opportunity.

The d-bag argument aside, I don't understand the problem here.  Some people do pick certain races in the hopes of having a statistically larger chance of placing well.

2010-09-30 12:30 PM
in reply to: #3126073

Champion
Atlanta, Ga
tealeaf - 2010-09-30 1:04 PM
Marvarnett - 2010-09-30 11:42 AM 

Um, ok.

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d0435.pdf

This PDF has some summary Power Point slides at the beginning that summarize the statistical analysis performed,
and one bullet on the summary page reads,

"After accounting for all factors that affect income, women earned an average of 80 percent what men earned in 2000."

Oh, wait.  You were right.  It *did* debunk the 81 cents on the dollar thing.  This study came out with 80 cents.

Good call.

Nice try.  That is unless you only want to read one part of the study. 

Oh...you mean the part about
" For example some experts said that some women trade off career advancement or higher earnings for a job that offers flexability to manage work and family responsibilities"

AND

"due to the limitations in this survey we cannot determine whether this remaining difference is due to discrimination or other factors that may affect earnings"
2010-09-30 12:32 PM
in reply to: #3126116

Champion
Marvarnett - 2010-09-30 1:21 PM
trinnas - 2010-09-30 12:19 PM

"

Personal story:
When I was in my senior year of HS I weighed 120 lbs and was 5' 11".  I decided that I wanted to try and 'bulk up' figuring it was a good idea. 

Was it intimidating?  You betcha!  Did I feel as if I was getting laughed at as I asked someone to spot me for my max bench press lift of 85 lbs*?  Yep.  But I sucked it up and minded my own business while doing what everyone else was doing in there...working out.

I actually even asked to be able to workout in the 'women's only' section and was told No.  But the women could flow between theirs and the 'normal' side.  When I was getting back into running I ran with the women's team in college and they didn't have a problem with it.  Probably because they destroyed me...but that's besides the point.

My point being that both men and women have the same insecurity issues it's just that in general men are told to suck it up and women are catered to.  I find that odd for the "we are just as strong' crowd.

*eventually I maxed out at 205 lbs and gained 35 lbs  (go me!)

Actually I agree with you more than you realize.  That being said I am big enough to defend myself against many of the oafs in the testosterone zone.  There is a big difference between being 5"3 and 100 soaking wet and 5"11' and skinny.  I grew up with all boys so I am used to much of the rough housing and sheer physicalness of men some women are not.

And of course: Go You!! Pics Please or it didn't happen 

2010-09-30 12:33 PM
in reply to: #3126131

Expert
Goosedog - 2010-09-30 12:26 PM

The d-bag argument aside, I don't understand the problem here.  Some people do pick certain races in the hopes of having a statistically larger chance of placing well.

That is true enough, but is it because your competition has essentially no chance of beating you due to a gender gap? Please note the use of the word "essentially" so that I don't get yelled at by the hundreds of women that passed me at IMMoo a few weeks ago. :p
2010-09-30 12:37 PM
in reply to: #3126150

Champion
UWMadTri - 2010-09-30 1:33 PM

That is true enough, but is it because your competition has essentially no chance of beating you due to a gender gap? Please note the use of the word "essentially" so that I don't get yelled at by the hundreds of women that passed me at IMMoo a few weeks ago. :p

Can we not play the game here.  Men on average are better designed to run than women are, they are also designed to be capable of greater physical strength than women. 

That is why we got all the brains and can turn you all to mush effectively. 

2010-09-30 12:42 PM
in reply to: #3126163

Expert
trinnas - 2010-09-30 12:37 PM

Can we not play the game here.  Men on average are better designed to run than women are, they are also designed to be capable of greater physical strength than women. 

No, you have all the brains because we readily hand them over to you in exchange for someone that will prevent us from drooling all over ourselves when we try to accomplish simple tasks and show us how to be responsible, well-adjusted members of society. Luckily for us, we didn't start off with much in the brains department, so we totally win this trade. :p

2010-09-30 12:43 PM
in reply to: #3126163

Expert
Boise, ID
trinnas - 2010-09-30 11:37 AM

I have to disagree there. You try running with a dangly in between your legs. Heck you are designed better for biking and swimming too!

(This post assumes aero boobs)

2010-09-30 12:47 PM
in reply to: #3126183

Champion
Aarondb4 - 2010-09-30 1:43 PM
trinnas - 2010-09-30 11:37 AM

I have to disagree there. You try running with a dangly in between your legs. Heck you are designed better for biking and swimming too!

(This post assumes aero boobs)

Assumption incorrect!!! 

Actually it has to do with the fact that you have greater power to weight ratios and slimmer hips giving you shorter pivot distances. 

Edited by trinnas 2010-09-30 12:49 PM
2010-09-30 12:52 PM

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
A bit unrelated... But maybe there are some connections.

Several years ago (okay, about 12), I did the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in Seattle. It has a women's-only competetive 5K run, and a "non-competetive" 5K run/walk that is open to both genders. Obviously, this event is geared towards women. Because it's all about breast cancer.

So after the race, they were gathering up all the breast cancer survivors in an area. And there were about 4 men in there. Yup, men can get breast cancer also. But the attitude expressed towards these men... They almost got lynched by these "nice women" surrounding them.

Couldn't believe it.
2010-09-30 1:01 PM
in reply to: #3126105

Veteran

I cannot possibly believe that you are making the argument that you're intending to make, unless you're simply making a semantic argument based on the exclusion of qualifiers. You truly believe that the men and women are on the same playing field in this regard?!

Not even close. Women obviously suffer from this much more then men. Perhaps I should stop looking at what you say literally, since that is what I addressed?

Erm, no. This is not an assumption. You clearly stated that you believe "Discrimination is discrimination.", therefore you have an imbalance between this innocuous form of discrimination and the real issues of discrimination that prevent people from getting jobs, apartments, etc.

So one cannot believe that discrimination is discrimination, while at the same time realize that there are different levels? You might want to ask for a refund for your logical thinking class.

I'm just having a difficult time following your arguments. If it's that all discrimination is the same, with no shades of gray, alright let's go that route. If you think that this form of discrimination is "fluff", then we're not really arguing at all! If you think that men and women are treated equally and should therefore have a level playing field for everything, that's another argument. If you think that men and women are treated unequally, then we can argue about whether or not it's therefore appropriate to have the marginalized group be privy to certain "dispensations."

Using your logic, the fact that you agree with this sort of discrimination, automatically means that you agree with ALL forms of discrimination. However, I suspect that this is not necessarily the case.

Let's see if I can clarify my points.

Regarding the race/event:

First, having an event that excludes another group is discrimination.

Second, I disagree with allowing discrimination.

Regarding levels of discrimination:

My personal opinion is that having a culture of discrimination in the workplace that makes minorities and women treated as second hand citizens, or in a school which does not give them the same opportunities, is much more serious then a race. The level of harm is different, despite both being discrimination, which should not be allowed, in general.

Regarding equality:

Men and women are not treated equally. But rather then enforce this, and have situations where this is encouraged, equality should be enforced. Pay should be given based on ability/experience, not gender. And if this is not happening, the workplace should be taken to court to make it happen.

If you could clarify your points for me, it would make me a much more effective debater.

Cute. What you lack in logic, you more then make up for in diplomacy.

A question for you, regarding equality: Should the physical requirements and testing for a firefighter or a combat soldier, be the same for both sexes? Or should the woman have an easier test?

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Thoughts on man winning the Disney Princess Half Marathon Rss Feed  

of 5