General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » The New Guy Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-09-30 12:21 PM

New user

Oxford, MS
Subject: The New Guy
I always have been somewhat active all throughout my life from high school football to serving four years in the military. Now after finishing college and working full time, I am making new goals and look forward to my first tri. I finished my first ever half marathon in August and now training for a sprint triathlon in June and the full marathon next August. This site is great for motivation and learning about triathlons.

I am running 20-25 mpw with a long run here and there, so I believe that I have a decent base for running. The last few weeks I have started swimming 1 to 2 times a week, but have a long way to go. I still have problems with my technique and thought about taking an adult swim class to improve what little technique that I do have.

When it comes to the bike portion of the tri, I should be able to hold my ground. I am pretty strong on the trails with my mountain bike. Now that I have a road bike I am plan on working in a few days of bike training to get comfortable with the roads and start doing some long rides

2003-09-30 1:57 PM
in reply to: #1010

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: welcome!

it sounds like u r doing exactly what yoshiko has just posted at http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=213&posts=9#M1009  - the sprint and marathon same time next year...let us know how your training is (i see your already logging...sweet)

let us know if any ?'s

ron

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » The New Guy Rss Feed