General Discussion Race Reports! » The North Face Endurance Challenge 10K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

The North Face Endurance Challenge 10K - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Kansas City, Missouri
United States
North Face
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 54/463
Age Group = 21-29
Age Group Rank = 16/58
Pre-race routine:

Up at 5:30, had 16ounces of gatorade, packet of oatmeal, and a bottle of water along the way to the site. Arrived around 6:30, to make sure everyone got registered. Hit up the Johnnys...
Event warmup:

Jogged for about 10 minutes, with a few race pace pickups. Had a gatorade prime 15 minutes before the start, with a little water. Hit up the Johnnys....
Run
  • 49m 2s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 54s  min/mile
Comments:

Felt good. I was using this mainly as a training goal paced run for the KC half marathon, but decided to let loose on the last mile a bit. My goal was to race as if I was doing the Half, and I thought I started out alright, if not too slow.
What would you do differently?:

Start towards the middle of the pack from the start. The first mile I was trying to work my way around slower runners, which took awhile. Other than that, I really enjoyed the race.
Post race
Warm down:

Nada. Just grabbed my finishers medal, water bottle, banana, and Gu Brew + water and waited for everyone else to finish.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My specific race goals. I know I can easily run a faster race, but that's not why I was doing it. I was happy with myself for sticking to my race plan, although it was tough with everyone around me.

Event comments:

I really thought North Face did a great job putting this on, especially during their first year in Kansas City. They had all the intersections blocked off, everything was very organized, and the gear was great. I thought they did a great first job with a road race, as the other endurance races have been off-road. I will definitely be racing next year, if they decide to come back.

Last updated: 2011-07-13 12:00 AM
Running
00:49:02 | 06.21 miles | 07m 54s  min/mile
Age Group: 16/58
Overall: 54/463
Performance: Good
Average HR: 171 Max HR: 185 Not thrilled about this. Mile 1-8:45 Mile 2- 7:53 Mile 3- 8:02 Mile 4- 8:22 Mile 5- 7:51 Mile 6- 7:27
Course: KC Hills. Could have been worse
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-08-28 10:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Prairie Village, Kansas
Subject: The North Face Endurance Challenge 10K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » The North Face Endurance Challenge 10K Rss Feed