Other Resources My Cup of Joe » AT&T threatening to slow down my data Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-02-15 7:19 PM
in reply to: #4049736

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: AT&T threatening to slow down my data

I really don't have anything to add BUT, I have Sprint, and they advertise a "truely" unlimited plan with no speed reductions.  However, I still tend to connect to any free WiFi I can find.

I should also add, that I probably don't use that much anyway.  I just tend to check Facebook, log workouts on BT, some web surfing, and words with friends...  Streaming video doesn't seem reliable enough to make it worth my while.  I can't stand a video buffering a donzen times or losing connection.  I want to smash my phone when that happens, so I don't even try. 

2012-02-15 7:21 PM
in reply to: #4049829

User image

Sensei
Sin City
I could be wrong, but in general, I think the phone companies thought adding the "unlimited" plans would be a great idea to drum up business without ANY clue at the repercussions.  They probably had no idea how much people would be sending/receiving data.  Especially in streaming video.
2012-02-15 7:22 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

DP

Edited by Kido 2012-02-15 7:22 PM
2012-02-15 7:48 PM
in reply to: #4049308

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete

Sprint is sending out those emails!

2012-02-15 8:34 PM

User image

Payson, AZ
Kido - 2012-02-15 5:19 PM

I really don't have anything to add BUT, I have Sprint, and they advertise a "truely" unlimited plan with no speed reductions.  However, I still tend to connect to any free WiFi I can find.

I should also add, that I probably don't use that much anyway.  I just tend to check Facebook, log workouts on BT, some web surfing, and words with friends...  Streaming video doesn't seem reliable enough to make it worth my while.  I can't stand a video buffering a donzen times or losing connection.  I want to smash my phone when that happens, so I don't even try. 

now see, if you were on ATT you wouldn't have that issue.  Least I don't.

2012-02-16 9:21 AM
in reply to: #4049831

Master
Houston, TX

Kido - 2012-02-15 7:21 PM I could be wrong, but in general, I think the phone companies thought adding the "unlimited" plans would be a great idea to drum up business without ANY clue at the repercussions.  They probably had no idea how much people would be sending/receiving data.  Especially in streaming video.

FWIW, I don't have any real buffering issues on netflix when streaming video.  It's pretty seamless.  When streaming on flixster, it is horrendous, I mean absolutely terrible.  BUT if they throttle me down, I won't get squat.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » AT&T threatening to slow down my data Rss Feed  

of 2