of 2

2016-03-13 11:24 PM
in reply to: MikaelEriksson

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii
Subject: RE: Paleo vs. vegan
Originally posted by MikaelEriksson

There's no need to go on any sort of diet. Clean and healthy eating is everything you need. If you REALLY want to take it a step further, like going paleo or vegan, you can do that, but it won't make you any better than just eating very clean and healthy food, with a lot of vegetables and fruits. 

Definitely get rid of the processed foods, and for carbs, stick to whole grains (swap the white bread for sour dough bread or similar and the white pasta for brown rice etc.).

I agree

2016-03-15 4:02 PM
in reply to: MikaelEriksson

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
I like the idea of vegan, but find it too high in carbs and it will trigger lots of cravings for me. I agree with everyone that whole foods is the best, but some of us need more structure. I like South Beach. listening to my body I've discovered I do really well with lots of protein, so I eat more than diets say I should.
I've tried lots of diets and haven't experienced the amazing mental and physical results you hear about. I wonder how much of that is for people who go from a really processed, unhealthy diet to something healthier. Maybe in that case you'd feel better on any diet other than the standard American crap.

Why not try "vegan" - will boost your healthy foods and then add in meat until you find the amount that works for you, for me that means fills me up and keeps away sugar cravings.
2016-03-15 4:37 PM
in reply to: MuscleMomma

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
Please ignore the last sentence in the above post, it makes no sense.
2016-03-23 5:44 PM
in reply to: #4328707

User image

, England
#carbthefuckup check out Durainrider on YouTube
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Paleo vs. vegan Rss Feed  

of 2