BT Development Mentor Program Archives » FancyPants' Tri Gals- FULL and CLOSED and TRAINING! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 9

2013-01-10 11:34 PM
in reply to: #4560540

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA
Subject: RE: FancyPants' Tri Gals- FULL and CLOSED and TRAINING!

Ive added all of you as BT Friends.  Awww. :D 

Anne:  Wondering how to get Sports to show on my graph.  Ive tried to add sport minutes to my logging, which I am able to do but it doesnt allow me to add how many minutes, therefore no Sports are shown on the graph either.  Suggestions?

Boot camp this morning was torture.  I have two more weeks of that crap then Im back to the gym which means back in the water to swim!!  YIKES.

2013-01-11 6:48 AM
in reply to: #4573294

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
EV3110 - 2013-01-11 12:34 AM

Anne:  Wondering how to get Sports to show on my graph.  Ive tried to add sport minutes to my logging, which I am able to do but it doesnt allow me to add how many minutes, therefore no Sports are shown on the graph either.  Suggestions?

Boot camp this morning was torture.  I have two more weeks of that crap then Im back to the gym which means back in the water to swim!!  YIKES.

Ev:

Walkthrough:

sports:
scroll in drop down to your sport-
Yoga
hit Add Sport Button
now the name of the sport (YOGA) should be there with an area next to it to enter minutes
enter minutes
now save ENTIRE log
you should get message EVENT UPDATED SUCCeSSFULLY and minutes show in your bar graph

if not, still having trouble, contact BT through one of the technical questions forums
2013-01-11 9:33 AM

New user

This morning I get up and head to the gym. I barely make it through my strength training, jump on the treadmill to start my run, and nope, it's not happening. I'm just so out of gas by the end of the week. I know it's to be expected; after a rest day I'm all WOO!!! LET'S DO THIS!, but after 5 days of workouts, I start dragging .  And I'm only training for a sprint! I can't imagine how much rougher a longer run would be.  Any advice to make my late-in-the-week workouts easier? Or is it one of those things that more I tough it out, the better it gets?

I'm going to get my run in this evening after work, at least that is the plan.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

~ Carrie

Edited by clytemnestra 2013-01-11 9:33 AM
2013-01-11 11:50 AM

User image

I will start logging Monday. Thank you for the break down. We just got 3 feet of snow here so running this evening may be dicey as not all sidewalks are clear. We will see what Saturday morning brings. Thanks! I am excited for Fancy Pants!

Irene

2013-01-11 3:44 PM
in reply to: #4573727

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
clytemnestra - 2013-01-11 10:33 AM

This morning I get up and head to the gym. I barely make it through my strength training, jump on the treadmill to start my run, and nope, it's not happening. I'm just so out of gas by the end of the week. I know it's to be expected; after a rest day I'm all WOO!!! LET'S DO THIS!, but after 5 days of workouts, I start dragging .  And I'm only training for a sprint! I can't imagine how much rougher a longer run would be.  Any advice to make my late-in-the-week workouts easier? Or is it one of those things that more I tough it out, the better it gets?

I'm going to get my run in this evening after work, at least that is the plan.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

~ Carrie

Carrie:

When are you taking your rest day? You might want to consider moving it around. I found that since my long runs and bikes were always on Saturday and Sunday, i took Friday off. Might make a difference if you are having trouble getting motivated on Friday to do that

Also - we all take the occasional mental health day- just don't make it a habit.

2013-01-11 4:35 PM
in reply to: #4573422

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA
AKR18 - 2013-01-11 4:48 AM
EV3110 - 2013-01-11 12:34 AM

Ev:Walkthrough:sports:scroll in drop down to your sport- Yogahit Add Sport Buttonnow the name of the sport (YOGA) should be there with an area next to it to enter minutesenter minutesnow save ENTIRE logyou should get message EVENT UPDATED SUCCeSSFULLY and minutes show in your bar graphif not, still having trouble, contact BT through one of the technical questions forums
Got it Anne! Thanks!! Well, I got in an unplanned tough workout today: (Bootcamp/run brick lol then a short ride) ... Drove to Bootcamp. Got through a very challenging class. Right afterward I drove to the car wash. And because it takes them forever some days I thought I'd run home and pick up my jeep later .(bad idea!) Barely made it.. 3 miles .My legs were spent! Ended up being a run-walk. Got home &ate. Then 1.5 hrs later rode my MTb back to the car wash to get my clean vehicle. I have a 13 mi ride planned tomorrow afternoon with two girlfriends. One just got a road bike and will be her first ride on it. Super excited for her!! Have a good weekend girls!

2013-01-11 4:50 PM
in reply to: #4571473

Oregon
Not to sound stupid...do I have to do one at a time? I added everyone but only a few are showing up?
2013-01-11 5:54 PM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

Hi Y'All!!!

I'm just dropping by to say "Hi"!!!

I am an old FancyPants from years past, so we are sort of related.  I just wanted you all to know that Anne is an amazing mentor.  She will take great care of you and she is super knowledgeable.   If you are really good, she will entertain you with stories of squirrels and gnomes and maybe even star wars. 

This FancyPants group is going to be awesome!!  Enjoy!!  Cool Rock on, FancyPants Gals!!!

2013-01-11 5:57 PM
in reply to: #4574506

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

maryew - 2013-01-11 5:50 PM Not to sound stupid...do I have to do one at a time? I added everyone but only a few are showing up?

Just because I was stalking, I will answer this.

If you go to Settings at the top, and then to Training Blog Customization, then to Friends, it will give you about 60 slots to add friends in.  You can do them all at once.  Just remember to press update when you are done.   

Edited by jogo 2013-01-11 5:59 PM
2013-01-11 7:10 PM

New user

Thanks, Annie, that is a good idea. I will try that next week.

Also, I did my run this evening and it was GREAT! Woot. My husband started me heart rate training, and despite the fact that going slow is very boring (and I bore easily) it has made a tremendous difference in my attitude toward running. I should point out that I am first and foremost a swimmer, and running is the last thing in the world I ever really wanted to do. But after the runs I had been doing, which were a little running with a hefty amount of walking, and sucked, this constant running at a slower pace while I build a base actually feels pretty good. Sometimes a little annoying because I want to go faster, but whatever.

The point is, today was the first day that I actually felt like I really, truly could DO THIS. And it made me so happy, so excited. And I really wanted not just to share that, but to put it in writing for the next time I break down on a bad day.

2013-01-11 7:25 PM
in reply to: #4574407

New user

Carrie- I usually plan on one or two down days a week depending on the intensity of the workouts I am doing. Of course, if you look at my graphs you will see that very little happened over the holidays! More down days than up!Tongue out I am not sure if that is 'proper' training behavior but it works for me. Sounds like you had a great day! Yay you!!!Wink

I have added everyone to my friend list. I also blogged my training plan for the week. Tomorrow I am doing a mini-tri at the gym in order to support my friend who is doing her first HIM in Key West tomorrow. I will hit the water at 8:10 (her start time). I plan 300-500 yd swim, 8 miles on the stationary bike, and 2 miles on the treadmill. That is also the approximate distance of my upcoming event (300,10,3) so it will give me a feel for what I am in for. It will be my first effort at all three sports in one day. I am pretty syched! 

Lindley

Edited by TriFitter 2013-01-11 7:32 PM

2013-01-11 9:05 PM
in reply to: #4574573

Oregon

Thanks! I figured it out! Smile

Mary

2013-01-12 12:15 PM

New user

I did my own personal sprint today and went ahead and did the distance of my first event this season. Of course I was on a recumbent bike and tread mill so only an approximation of the real deal. Still, I am feeling pretty proud of myself! Cool

Lindley

2013-01-12 9:19 PM

New user

Woot! Internet high five, Lindley.
2013-01-13 4:02 PM
in reply to: #4574621

User image

clytemnestra - 2013-01-11 6:10 PM

The point is, today was the first day that I actually felt like I really, truly could DO THIS. And it made me so happy, so excited. And I really wanted not just to share that, but to put it in writing for the next time I break down on a bad day.

Yay!!! So happy to read this! I too am a swimmer first and foremost and when there is 3 fet of snow outside and it is -15 degrees Celsius (I don't know that in Fahrenheit) it is hard not to go to the semi-heated indoor pool.

2013-01-13 9:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA

Hi girls.  How was everyones weekend?  I had a decent ride with a girlfriend who just got a roadie!  I remember those first rides when I first got my roadie...learning how & when to shift...but she did great!  We planned for a 13 mil loop.  We've got some good hills so the course itself it challenging enough.  Anyway we ended up adding an out & back along with that loop for a total of  18 miles.  Felt good.  I usually ride alone so it was fantastic to ride with a GF even though it was a tad slower than Id like. 

Had an active rest day out at our ranch.  We cut a load of wood, loaded it, and gathered brush.  Did a little walking in the hills too.  Great day. 

6 mile run is planned for tomorrow.  yay. (that is NOT sarcastic!)

--Elena

Edited by EV3110 2013-01-13 9:29 PM

2013-01-14 2:12 PM

User image

Master

Monday, Monday, Monday.  Does anyone actually like Mondays?  I'm thinking the week could just start with Tuesday and then have 2 Saturdays.  That works better for me

Sounds like a couple of folks had some really good workouts over the weekend!  WTG!

2013-01-14 6:39 PM
in reply to: #4577921

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA
crews - 2013-01-14 12:12 PM

Monday, Monday, Monday.  Does anyone actually like Mondays?  I'm thinking the week could just start with Tuesday and then have 2 Saturdays.  That works better for me

Today wasnt so bad!    I had a decent 4 mile run but was interupted aboutu every 1/4 mile by barking dogs.  Is there anything more annoying?! 

2013-01-14 6:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA

Also, an FYI:  (If you are forgettful like me) I went up to settings and added my name for the signature so that I wont have to remember to write it after every log.   

2013-01-14 6:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
This is my THIRD time writing this post.....grrrrrr.....

Weekend- at a swim meet out of town for my daughter. BUT we had warm weather here (60s) and i fit in a 6 miler. But best workout of the weekend was masters swim practice last night.

I have a crazy week so.....keep trying to get your days PEACH. Log some sort of movement/activity! get to know your training logs!

Looking ahead to February I am planning a bike-centered challenge. TELL ME- what are you doing now to fit in your bike workouts? Are you using gym equipment (spin class, spin bike, recumbent bike, stationary bike)? Do you have your road bike on a trainer for the winter? Do you live someplace warm and you are out on the roads? Let me know so i can adjust the plan- thanks!
2013-01-14 6:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
This is my THIRD time writing this post.....grrrrrr.....

Weekend- at a swim meet out of town for my daughter. BUT we had warm weather here (60s) and i fit in a 6 miler. But best workout of the weekend was masters swim practice last night.

I have a crazy week so.....keep trying to get your days PEACH. Log some sort of movement/activity! get to know your training logs!

Looking ahead to February I am planning a bike-centered challenge. TELL ME- what are you doing now to fit in your bike workouts? Are you using gym equipment (spin class, spin bike, recumbent bike, stationary bike)? Do you have your road bike on a trainer for the winter? Do you live someplace warm and you are out on the roads? Let me know so i can adjust the plan- thanks!

2013-01-14 6:57 PM
in reply to: #4578461

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA

AKR18 - 2013-01-14 4:47 PM  Looking ahead to February I am planning a bike-centered challenge. TELL ME- what are you doing now to fit in your bike workouts? Are you using gym equipment (spin class, spin bike, recumbent bike, stationary bike)? Do you have your road bike on a trainer for the winter? Do you live someplace warm and you are out on the roads? Let me know so i can adjust the plan- thanks!

Yay! a bike challenge! Im out on the road with my bike.  We've had a cold spell here so its been in the 20's in the morning & 50's in day.  But hey.  I AM NOT complaining!   My goal this month is to ride 25 miles a wk. 

Anne, do I have to be a BT member to be able to download BT's (free)20 wk to HIM taining plan?  Ive tried it twice and it seems to go through but when I go back to my log to check it out there's nothing there.

2013-01-14 8:09 PM

New user

Yay! Bike challenge! I just bought a used Trek hybrid that is currently outfitted for some pretty serious off road action! I am syched to ride it, just got it Sunday. It is a big jump up from my rusty old beach cruiser (which I still love but may never ride again! lol) I think it is a good step, it is more comfortable and feels more solid that the road bikes I was testing. I will put smaller, slicker tires on for races.
2013-01-15 12:18 AM
in reply to: #4578461

User image

AKR18 - 2013-01-14 5:47 PM TELL ME- what are you doing now to fit in your bike workouts? Are you using gym equipment (spin class, spin bike, recumbent bike, stationary bike)? Do you have your road bike on a trainer for the winter? Do you live someplace warm and you are out on the roads? Let me know so i can adjust the plan- thanks!

I will be indoors on a trainer for a while. We have so much white stuff. Yay Canada! Potentially I may be inside until early to mid-April until I do the Try a Tri. Which is okay as I can commute to work and back in 20 minutes and it is more than the distance in my Try a Tri. I won't stress until the Olympic which is 40km. I can do 38km on a whim - just my arse hurt (even with the padded shorts) or I would have kept going. :-)

Edited by RunningReenie 2013-01-15 12:18 AM
2013-01-15 5:30 AM
in reply to: #4578478

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
EV3110 - 2013-01-14 7:57 PM

AKR18 - 2013-01-14 4:47 PM  Looking ahead to February I am planning a bike-centered challenge. TELL ME- what are you doing now to fit in your bike workouts? Are you using gym equipment (spin class, spin bike, recumbent bike, stationary bike)? Do you have your road bike on a trainer for the winter? Do you live someplace warm and you are out on the roads? Let me know so i can adjust the plan- thanks!

Yay! a bike challenge! Im out on the road with my bike.  We've had a cold spell here so its been in the 20's in the morning & 50's in day.  But hey.  I AM NOT complaining!   My goal this month is to ride 25 miles a wk. 

Anne, do I have to be a BT member to be able to download BT's (free)20 wk to HIM taining plan?  Ive tried it twice and it seems to go through but when I go back to my log to check it out there's nothing there.

Elena-
Check the forum for frequently asked questions.....or email them that question. I think you have to have a paying membership of some level to be able to import a training plan to your log. My first season I just printed it out, wrote it on my hanging calender, and there you go.

Edited by AKR18 2013-01-15 5:30 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » FancyPants' Tri Gals- FULL and CLOSED and TRAINING! Rss Feed  

of 9