Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2013-05-06 9:18 AM
in reply to: #4728494

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida
Subject: RE: Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers)

eabeam - 2013-05-05 10:18 PM
jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-05 7:20 PMWho was it that Joffrey had killed in the montage at the end?
Roz. The prostitute from Winterfell who became Baelish's #2 and the Spider's informant.It is who the Spider and Littlefinger were discussing before the montage.

Yeah, that was gruesome.  Just adds to Joffrey's nastiness.  Has he killed anyone in the show to this point? I don't mean ordered the death (like Ned Stark and Sansa's Septa), but actually killed anyone by his own hand?

2013-05-06 11:58 AM
in reply to: #4728970

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
GomesBolt - 2013-05-06 9:18 AM

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-05 7:20 PMWho was it that Joffrey had killed in the montage at the end?
Roz. The prostitute from Winterfell who became Baelish's #2 and the Spider's informant.It is who the Spider and Littlefinger were discussing before the montage.

Yeah, that was gruesome.  Just adds to Joffrey's nastiness.  Has he killed anyone in the show to this point? I don't mean ordered the death (like Ned Stark and Sansa's Septa), but actually killed anyone by his own hand?

Right-- I figured that was who they were talking about, but I didn't recognize her.

I don't think Jeoffrey has killed anyone by his own hand before now. He ordered the deaths of Ned and Septa, set the Hound on the butcher's boyand he also forced the one prostitute to beat the other one to death (nearly to death?) while he watched, but this is a new low for him.

The way things are going, I'm going to start saying Joffrey's name every night before I go to sleep too. What a monster.
2013-05-06 12:08 PM
in reply to: #4729430

User image

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-06 11:58 AM
GomesBolt - 2013-05-06 9:18 AM

Right-- I figured that was who they were talking about, but I didn't recognize her. I don't think Jeoffrey has killed anyone by his own hand before now. He ordered the deaths of Ned and Septa, set the Hound on the butcher's boyand he also forced the one prostitute to beat the other one to death (nearly to death?) while he watched, but this is a new low for him. The way things are going, I'm going to start saying Joffrey's name every night before I go to sleep too. What a monster.

Hahaha.  Does it go something like this:

Joffrey, Cersei, The Bear, Ron, Marvanett, RKreuser...

2013-05-06 3:36 PM
in reply to: #4681134

User image

Champion
SoCal
I am interested to see what happens between Jon and Ygritte since they are changing up the story line a bit for them.
2013-05-13 1:38 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I didn't think last night's episode was great. A few good scenes:
The scene with Tywin and Jeoffrey was great. I never get tired of scenes where people are forced to deal with the colossal d-bag that is King Jeoffrey. Tywin's withering condescension was a joy to behold. Tyrian would have been proud of his old man.

Brienne vs the Bear was really good. She's such a badass. She and Dani should meet. They could be BFf's. I'm sure The Mother Of Dragons would prefer her as her personal bodyguard to Ser Jorah and Ser whatshisname. I can't wait to see what happens when Jamie finally gets back to Kings Landing. Does he keep his promise? Does he sell Brienne and Catelyn out? A Lannister always pays his debt, but I think we've all seen that that can be interpreted in many different ways.

Speaking of Dani, has she overplayed her hand?

I'm getting a little weary of watching Theon getting tortured endlessly. Not sure where this is all going, but I hope it either gets there soon or they put him out of his (and my) misery.
2013-05-13 2:25 PM
in reply to: #4740210

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
I liked the Maergery and Sansa scene. In the later books they begin to allude to her being a little frisky with people, so they seemed to be staying true to that story line. And I don't care so much about it for her, just its effect on other characters.

2013-05-13 2:30 PM

User image

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-13 1:38 PM I didn't think last night's episode was great. A few good scenes: The scene with Tywin and Jeoffrey was great. I never get tired of scenes where people are forced to deal with the colossal d-bag that is King Jeoffrey. Tywin's withering condescension was a joy to behold. Tyrian would have been proud of his old man. Brienne vs the Bear was really good. She's such a badass. She and Dani should meet. They could be BFf's. I'm sure The Mother Of Dragons would prefer her as her personal bodyguard to Ser Jorah and Ser whatshisname. I can't wait to see what happens when Jamie finally gets back to Kings Landing. Does he keep his promise? Does he sell Brienne and Catelyn out? A Lannister always pays his debt, but I think we've all seen that that can be interpreted in many different ways. Speaking of Dani, has she overplayed her hand? I'm getting a little weary of watching Theon getting tortured endlessly. Not sure where this is all going, but I hope it either gets there soon or they put him out of his (and my) misery.

Good points all.  

I really think Tywin is breaking-out in this season as the best actor.  Like the Queen of Thorns said "It's rare to meet a man who lives up to his reputation..."

I won't spoil you on any of your questions here, but I'll answer anything you want me to if you PM me.  

I feel so sorry for Theon, and then I remember that he swore allegiance to Robb, then completely turned on him (even wrote-out the warning and could've sent the raven, but burned it), then captured Winterfell, then killed and burned two defenseless boys.  He kinda deserves to be tortured miserably.  But I agree, that storyline is a little done by now.  

I'm just wondering how a Grizzly Bear gets to Westeros when it's clear there's not the kind of habitat for it there...

2013-05-13 3:01 PM
in reply to: #4740292

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
TriathletePT - 2013-05-13 2:25 PM

I liked the Maergery and Sansa scene. In the later books they begin to allude to her being a little frisky with people, so they seemed to be staying true to that story line. And I don't care so much about it for her, just its effect on other characters.

Please try to keep book-related stuff, ESP stuff that happens later on, out of this thread. It's one thing to get a spoiler because you dropped into this thread before you've seen the latest episode, it's another thing to hear stuff that isn't going to happen for one or two more seasons on the show.

I know the above isn't giving away a critical plot point, but please allow the people who haven't read the books to have the story evolve without being influenced by what they've heard about stuff that happens later on.

I think that if you want to discuss the differences between the show and the books, you should do it in the books thread.

Thanks!
2013-05-13 3:12 PM
in reply to: #4740299

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
GomesBolt - 2013-05-13 2:30 PM

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-13 1:38 PM I didn't think last night's episode was great. A few good scenes: The scene with Tywin and Jeoffrey was great. I never get tired of scenes where people are forced to deal with the colossal d-bag that is King Jeoffrey. Tywin's withering condescension was a joy to behold. Tyrian would have been proud of his old man. Brienne vs the Bear was really good. She's such a badass. She and Dani should meet. They could be BFf's. I'm sure The Mother Of Dragons would prefer her as her personal bodyguard to Ser Jorah and Ser whatshisname. I can't wait to see what happens when Jamie finally gets back to Kings Landing. Does he keep his promise? Does he sell Brienne and Catelyn out? A Lannister always pays his debt, but I think we've all seen that that can be interpreted in many different ways. Speaking of Dani, has she overplayed her hand? I'm getting a little weary of watching Theon getting tortured endlessly. Not sure where this is all going, but I hope it either gets there soon or they put him out of his (and my) misery.

Good points all.  

I really think Tywin is breaking-out in this season as the best actor.  Like the Queen of Thorns said "It's rare to meet a man who lives up to his reputation..."

I won't spoil you on any of your questions here, but I'll answer anything you want me to if you PM me.  

I feel so sorry for Theon, and then I remember that he swore allegiance to Robb, then completely turned on him (even wrote-out the warning and could've sent the raven, but burned it), then captured Winterfell, then killed and burned two defenseless boys.  He kinda deserves to be tortured miserably.  But I agree, that storyline is a little done by now.  

I'm just wondering how a Grizzly Bear gets to Westeros when it's clear there's not the kind of habitat for it there...

Perhaps it was carried by a wayward dragon? I still prefer to watch Tyrion over Tywin, , but he hasn't had the screen time or the great scenes/lines this season, like:
"I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid."

Or:
"Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

2013-05-13 3:14 PM

User image

Expert
Central Mass

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-13 2:38 PM I didn't think last night's episode was great. A few good scenes: The scene with Tywin and Jeoffrey was great. I never get tired of scenes where people are forced to deal with the colossal d-bag that is King Jeoffrey. Tywin's withering condescension was a joy to behold. Tyrian would have been proud of his old man. Brienne vs the Bear was really good. She's such a badass. She and Dani should meet. They could be BFf's. I'm sure The Mother Of Dragons would prefer her as her personal bodyguard to Ser Jorah and Ser whatshisname. I can't wait to see what happens when Jamie finally gets back to Kings Landing. Does he keep his promise? Does he sell Brienne and Catelyn out? A Lannister always pays his debt, but I think we've all seen that that can be interpreted in many different ways. Speaking of Dani, has she overplayed her hand? I'm getting a little weary of watching Theon getting tortured endlessly. Not sure where this is all going, but I hope it either gets there soon or they put him out of his (and my) misery.

Well, he can't, can he?  What everyone outside the castle doesn't know is that Joffery, etc lost Arya 2 seasons ago.  It's not like they sent Robb and Cat a message with the bones saying oh yeah, we lost one of your sisters before we chopped off your dad's head...

2013-05-13 3:17 PM
in reply to: #4740403

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
scorpio516 - 2013-05-13 3:14 PM

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-13 2:38 PM I didn't think last night's episode was great. A few good scenes: The scene with Tywin and Jeoffrey was great. I never get tired of scenes where people are forced to deal with the colossal d-bag that is King Jeoffrey. Tywin's withering condescension was a joy to behold. Tyrian would have been proud of his old man. Brienne vs the Bear was really good. She's such a badass. She and Dani should meet. They could be BFf's. I'm sure The Mother Of Dragons would prefer her as her personal bodyguard to Ser Jorah and Ser whatshisname. I can't wait to see what happens when Jamie finally gets back to Kings Landing. Does he keep his promise? Does he sell Brienne and Catelyn out? A Lannister always pays his debt, but I think we've all seen that that can be interpreted in many different ways. Speaking of Dani, has she overplayed her hand? I'm getting a little weary of watching Theon getting tortured endlessly. Not sure where this is all going, but I hope it either gets there soon or they put him out of his (and my) misery.

Well, he can't, can he?  What everyone outside the castle doesn't know is that Joffery, etc lost Arya 2 seasons ago.  It's not like they sent Robb and Cat a message with the bones saying oh yeah, we lost one of your sisters before we chopped off your dad's head...

There's still Sansa, though. It will be interesting to see what happens when he arrives if Sansa is already married to Tyrion.

2013-05-13 3:24 PM
in reply to: #4740401

User image

jmk-brooklyn - 2013-05-13 3:12 PM

I still prefer to watch Tyrion over Tywin, , but he hasn't had the screen time or the great scenes/lines this season, like: "I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid." Or: "Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

I agree.  Tyrion has been given the best set of lines.  

2013-06-02 9:07 PM
in reply to: GomesBolt

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Well now....

Didn't see that coming.
2013-06-03 7:47 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
SoCal
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Well now....

Didn't see that coming.

So what did you think of the plot twist as a person who has only seen the show?

Edited by Big Appa 2013-06-03 8:15 AM
2013-06-03 8:56 AM
in reply to: Big Appa

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I thought it was pretty horrifying and traumatic. It was a total game-changer in terms of the story, and, even more than Ned's execution, has completely flipped the story on it's head and has changed almost every storyline in one fell swoop.

It's a game changer, because other than Dani, who else is there left to root for? Jon Snow, I guess, and it would be ironic to have the bastard become the King in the North, since he'd be in violation of his vows as a Crow, which is punishable by death. There's no one left to challenge the Lannisters. All the Northman are dead, the Stark Kids have lost both parents and the only other responsible adult left in their family. Sansa's essentially a prisoner. Arya's in the middle of enemy territory with only the Hound to protect her ("Yeah, so, um, hound? That comment I made about putting a dagger in your eye? I may have been a little hasty there. I was tired, you know, and it had been a really long day, so can we just forget I ever said it so you can sneak me out of here?")

Dani, her slave army, and her dragons can't get to Kings Landing quickly enough. I hope they make a stop-over at the Twins and incinerate Walder Frey on the way.

(btw, the brutal, graphic murder of the pregnant Talisa was one of the most horrific things I've seen on TV. I read where the cast was reduced to tears after filming the scenes of the Red Wedding.)
2013-06-03 12:22 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
It was graphic, and tough to watch, but I think the Red Wedding was done extremely well. It caused similar feelings to reading the book for me. I remember being very angry about it and thinking that just pretty much sealed a Lannister victory from this point forward. I didn't catch the scenes from next week, whats it supposed to be about?

2013-06-03 1:19 PM
in reply to: TriathletePT

User image

Originally posted by TriathletePT It was graphic, and tough to watch, but I think the Red Wedding was done extremely well. It caused similar feelings to reading the book for me. I remember being very angry about it and thinking that just pretty much sealed a Lannister victory from this point forward. I didn't catch the scenes from next week, whats it supposed to be about?

Yeah, there were a couple times - this was one- where I literally had to put the book down because I could not believe what I had just read.  And that's not even the season closer!

2013-06-03 6:46 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Great column about last nights episode, from Grantland.com:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/78605/...
2013-06-03 9:23 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Expert
Central Mass

Well now....

Didn't see that coming.

I called it on the first page [actually I initially thought this would have been next week, but they like to do the big shocker in the penultimate episode, which also makes me think we have to wait to see Joffery's wedding]

I am glad they didn't go all in though. I didn't want to see any frankenstein monsters. Unless it shows up next week...
2013-06-03 9:44 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by scorpio516

Well now....

Didn't see that coming.

I called it on the first page [actually I initially thought this would have been next week, but they like to do the big shocker in the penultimate episode, which also makes me think we have to wait to see Joffery's wedding]

I am glad they didn't go all in though. I didn't want to see any frankenstein monsters. Unless it shows up next week...

I know what you're talking about because some dude in my office mentioned it, but most people don't. Don't spoil it for people that haven't read the books. If you want to talk about the difference between the books and the show, go do it in the books thread. Thanks.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2013-06-03 9:45 PM
2013-06-04 8:23 AM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington
No kidding, when I read that part in the book, had to stop and say wtf?. Where is this story line going and then as you go into the next book and you veer into another direction.

Thought the scene of the wedding was really well done. Graphic, very anquishing. Don't remember if Arya finds out what happen, so she can add Walder Frey to her list of people to kill.

2013-06-04 11:10 AM
in reply to: BellinghamSpence

User image

Master
Oceanside, California
Remember folks, the thread to discuss things that are "book spoilers" as opposed to "show spoilers" is here.
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...
2013-06-07 2:11 PM
in reply to: eabeam

User image

I'm trying to decide which of these is funnier:

(709287-wedding-crashers.jpg)

(eddardstark.jpg)

(Thats adorable.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
709287-wedding-crashers.jpg (39KB - 29 downloads)
eddardstark.jpg (78KB - 33 downloads)
Thats adorable.jpg (76KB - 20 downloads)
2013-06-09 10:06 PM
in reply to: GomesBolt

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Dammit. Now I have to start reading the books. No way can I wait until next March to find out what happens. I'm,going to be one of those "Yes, but, in the books, blah blah blah..." people.
2013-06-09 10:11 PM

User image

Haha. It does give you that attitude.

I read some stuff about GRRM saying he counts on the long delays between seasons to sell books.

He also said the Red Wedding was the hardest chapter he had to write. He wrote the whole book and came back to write that chapter.

If you missed it in the show, Grey Wind's head was sewn on Robb Stark's Body. Gross, but it shows how much they defiled him.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers) Rss Feed  

of 7