2013-11-06 3:57 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Walking Dead Season 4
Originally posted by mr2tony

Originally posted by jonD81

They kind of set the scene to kill off Maggie or Glen with the first two episodes focusing on their relationship, and as we know once anyone in the show is in love one of them dies. Glen would appear to be in the lead, but I don't know if they'd kill him off via a cold/disease, it wouldn't do his character justice and they've spent so much time in the last 3 seasons building him up from this scared kid to a leader in the group.

I really liked the last two episodes. The 4 of them going on a hunt through the college and Rick and Carroll going out, I liked it when it wasn't focused on the disease and the prison. I like the idea of them needing to leave for supplies and finding new places to go and seeing that giant mob near the college. Overall I like this season so far. I enjoy the travelling aspect of it with everyone out doing stuff, and then the disease factor, which boring, at least makes it tense back at the prison.

I would like it more if the zombie horde kept attacking. Or at least killed someone. I know, morbid, but lets face it, it's a show about the zombpocalypse, there should be lots of bloodshed.

I would have been ok with that boozebag young kid getting taken down at the college or something. He seems expendable. Show him for a few episodes then he gets eaten. Works for me.

2013-11-18 8:16 AM
in reply to: jonD81

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
Different tone to the episode focusing around the Governor last night, but I really liked it. I think they should have shown something like that before they got too deep into Woodbury, it would have made him more of a likable character. I was on edge all night though waiting for him to just snap and shoot everyone in the apartment. I was getting a little sick of the disease at the prison, so this was a nice break. Definitely a more subdued episode, but I liked it.
2013-11-18 10:14 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I was bored and I think it only confirmed stuff we already knew. The Governor was probably a decent enough guy before, and then went a bit crazy after he lost his family. Then he got power and lost it completely. Nothing from this episode leads me to believe he has changed in any way.
2013-11-20 6:54 PM
in reply to: jmcconne

Good episode.
Getting tired of Team Rick and their drama.
The Gov is an interesting character and last night kept me hooked for one more week.
Can't wait to see how they tie him back in to that "other" group in the prison.

I was working in a hotel today and though that would be a great place to hole up in a similar situation.
Long narrow hallways and plenty of escape routes.
2013-11-21 10:37 AM
in reply to: skibummer

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by skibummer Good episode. Getting tired of Team Rick and their drama. The Gov is an interesting character and last night kept me hooked for one more week. Can't wait to see how they tie him back in to that "other" group in the prison. I was working in a hotel today and though that would be a great place to hole up in a similar situation. Long narrow hallways and plenty of escape routes.

I was talking to my wife after the last episode and wondering if they're making a kinder gentler Governor to try and integrate him with Rick's team somehow in the future.   We're also watching Revolution and they've got season one enemies fighting side by side on there now, so it seems to be the new trend.  lol

So, I'm wondering if the preview with the Governor ominously outside the prison was him pondering how to go in and talk to Rick so they can be besties.

2013-11-21 10:55 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by skibummer Good episode. Getting tired of Team Rick and their drama. The Gov is an interesting character and last night kept me hooked for one more week. Can't wait to see how they tie him back in to that "other" group in the prison. I was working in a hotel today and though that would be a great place to hole up in a similar situation. Long narrow hallways and plenty of escape routes.

I was talking to my wife after the last episode and wondering if they're making a kinder gentler Governor to try and integrate him with Rick's team somehow in the future.   We're also watching Revolution and they've got season one enemies fighting side by side on there now, so it seems to be the new trend.  lol

So, I'm wondering if the preview with the Governor ominously outside the prison was him pondering how to go in and talk to Rick so they can be besties.

Also interesting was the preview for next week where his former soldiers are plotting to raid someone's camp and steal supplies. Does the governor say no and refuse? That would show some kind of change in his character.

2013-11-21 1:42 PM

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire

I'd love to see some alternate endings where this actually happens.
2013-11-25 9:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
So much for the Mr. Nice Guy version of the Governor. You could tell he was struggling with it, but finally gave in and went back to being the real Governor.

It looks like things are going to get interesting next week!
2013-11-25 9:56 AM
in reply to: aggiegrad96

User image

Sylvania, Ga
Guv-na! How are you going to beat someone with a tank. I mean, really.
2013-11-26 9:32 AM
in reply to: LukeBoswell

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by LukeBoswell

Guv-na! How are you going to beat someone with a tank. I mean, really.

Sticky bomb.
2013-11-27 6:29 AM
in reply to: mr2tony

Just don't hold onto the bomb for to long after it is lit.

2013-11-27 12:47 PM
in reply to: slaterson19

User image

Extreme Veteran
Not Quite DFL
The tank has limited use - they don't want to blow holes in the walls or run them down - they want a secure facility - not to mention how noisy it is and will attract all the zombies within any reasonable distance.

Well, that's just my opinion, anyway.
2013-12-01 9:01 PM
in reply to: crimefighter2

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

Wicked, just wicked....

2013-12-01 9:18 PM
in reply to: MadMathemagician

User image

Veteran
Austin
OMG. Hersheal, Lil Asskicker, the Guv, and a whole lot more. I won't be able to sleep tonight. I did not see Hershal beheading coming.
No more episodes till Feb. I was just watching the Talking Points Dead show. What will happen. Man what a great show. I gotta go have a drink.

WOW
2013-12-02 6:54 AM
in reply to: TXwildcat

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington
I just realized that Hershel was in the movie In Cold Blood, with Baretta. I want to see an episode on the background of Michone (sic).
2013-12-02 8:59 AM

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
Originally posted by TXwildcat

OMG. Hersheal, Lil Asskicker, the Guv, and a whole lot more. I won't be able to sleep tonight. I did not see Hershal beheading coming.
No more episodes till Feb. I was just watching the Talking Points Dead show. What will happen. Man what a great show. I gotta go have a drink.

WOW

I'm hoping they grabbed Lil Asskicker somehow. All the kids in that episode (Meghan, prison kids shooting others, L.A.) that was powerful. Awesome battle scene though. You knew Hershel was going to get it once Rick started talking, but it was still awesome. I'm psyched for them to all be on the run again. I think the prison was getting stale, this is going to re-introduce the fear around every corner. I'm thinking they'll do one episode on each group that separated, then midway through the 2nd half they'll have them meet up somehow.

2013-12-02 9:01 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
Great episode! I have been expecting Hershel to die all season, maybe because he is the oldest, has one leg and just seems exhausted?

I think that someone who was bloodied in the battle has little Judith. I felt bad for the Governor's girlfriend with the daughter and all. I hope she and her sister manage to hook up with the others at some point. I guess they should have come up with a place to meet up again in the event of an evacuation, but it will be interesting to see how they all survive. What about that odd kid who told the other kids to fight back? I think she's the one who really killed and burned the bodies of Sylvia and the other person.

I can't wait until February. I have Homeland to watch on Sundays for the next couple of weeks, then I guess I'll go through Sunday night television withdrawal!
2013-12-02 11:02 PM
in reply to: aggiegrad96

User image

Veteran
Austin
Maggie, The Guv, and Rick all have British accents. What is with that?

What about Tyrees and the kids. Will Glenn and Maggie hook up?
Where is Carol. Many senarios

I guess I will watch Falling Skies until Feb. When does Falling Skies start ?
2013-12-03 12:47 PM

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
I'm sorry for this, I really hope people didn't have anything going on for the day at work.

http://walkingdeadlocations.com/locations-index-2/#season3

If you click on one of the links on that page you go to a map where you can see all the locations of any major landmark on the show.
2013-12-03 12:54 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by TXwildcat Maggie, The Guv, and Rick all have British accents. What is with that?

huh???  british like from england????

2013-12-03 1:27 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mehaner

Originally posted by TXwildcat Maggie, The Guv, and Rick all have British accents. What is with that?

huh???  british like from england????

Several actors are from England.  It's weird when you see them in interviews because they talk "normal" with their native accents, but in character they have perfect American accents.  I know Rick and Maggie are both English.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMxa4199bRA

The other one that cracks me up is Michonne.  She's all "like bubbly and stuff" out of character.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiZVzWacnNg

2013-12-03 1:36 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jonD81 I'm sorry for this, I really hope people didn't have anything going on for the day at work. http://walkingdeadlocations.com/locations-index-2/#season3If you click on one of the links on that page you go to a map where you can see all the locations of any major landmark on the show.

OK, that's cool.  The prison is pretty cool.  It's totally fake.  haha

If you zoom in all the way you can see the turned over bus where the big showdown was on Sunday.

2013-12-03 1:43 PM

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by jonD81 I'm sorry for this, I really hope people didn't have anything going on for the day at work. http://walkingdeadlocations.com/locations-index-2/#season3If you click on one of the links on that page you go to a map where you can see all the locations of any major landmark on the show.

OK, that's cool.  The prison is pretty cool.  It's totally fake.  haha

If you zoom in all the way you can see the turned over bus where the big showdown was on Sunday.

The prison was really cool to zoom around at. You can also go right down main st at Woodbury ( I think the name of the actual town is Sonia or something). Hershel's farm is less than a mile from the prison too. I'm not sure how accurate any of that stuff is in terms of where they said it was in the show, but it's really cool that they shot the last 4 seasons in so many different places instead of just a sound stage or something.
2013-12-03 2:01 PM

User image

Master
Western MA near the VT & NH border on the CT river

OK - Im going to say it.  While I thought the raid was good and I enjoy every AMC episode, I thought the raid depicted in the graphic novel was better.. IMO it made more sense of the tank's limitations, the way the raid ended and how the attackers 'won' was amazingly written, how the gov met his demise as with Lori (yes she was still alive at the raid) and Judith(?) was just more of a OMG moment than in the show - aside from the Batman/Superman battle in Dark Knight Returns, some of the best panels of comics I have ever read.   I just have always thought the govenor was better bad guy in the GN as it really showed a dark side and the Michione sub plot was a much understandable (if you will).  There's a reason why he's number 86 as the greatest comic villain of all time.

Maybe because I knew what was going to happen, I didnt get that same feeling while reading the book, but  if you want to see for yourself - get this.  http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-One/dp/1607060760

The last panel of compendium one is the same as the last scene w/ Rick and Carl so you wont be jumping ahead for spoilers.  Ask for it for the holidays (or use gift cards you already got)  You get to read the source material during the break and should be all caught up by the time it starts again in February.  

Anyway, still a great episode on it own and February is long time away.  I think I'll re-read the compendium 

2013-12-04 9:53 PM
in reply to: ratherbesnowboarding

User image

Sylvania, Ga
Maybe I'm being nit picky, but the shooting bugs me. You can pull off 40 yard one handed head shots with a pistol, but you can't hit someone from 30 yards with a rifle? Daryl using the zombie shield against steel jacket .223's from point blank made me sad also. I have a firearm background, so maybe it didn't look so bad to most people.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Walking Dead Season 4 Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

Walking dead season 2 for free?

Started by ChrisM
Views: 691 Posts: 1

2012-12-07 10:34 PM ChrisM

Walking Dead Season 3 !!!! (May be spoilers!!) Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22

Started by MadMathemagician
Views: 35268 Posts: 537

2013-04-04 8:54 PM GomesBolt

Walking Dead - Season 3

Started by jcnipper
Views: 1489 Posts: 6

2012-07-15 11:02 PM tuwood

Walking Dead Season III [Spoilers]

Started by jsklarz
Views: 1339 Posts: 10

2012-02-16 6:32 AM jarvy01

The Walking Dead - Season II Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Started by hrliles
Views: 22372 Posts: 319

2012-04-03 3:41 PM jgaither
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 18, 2013
author : eric_kenney
comments : 0
Looking at your past training to figure out the future season.

date : December 22, 2011
author : Mikael67
End of season thoughts and tips
date : February 7, 2008
author : AMSSM
The off season should be just that – a time to rest your body, to rehabilitate injury, and to plan ahead on how to improve performance and prevent injury in the season to come.

date : October 11, 2007
author : Ron
Training program for the minority triathlete wanting to put on some extra muscle mass to get buff for next years triathlon season.
date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.

date : September 26, 2004
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Pain shows us how strong we are. After last weekend I am convinced of this. After 151 training hours of swimming, biking, and running, I flew to Sonoma County, California for the race.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.