Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2013-08-06 12:24 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Nice frickin shirt...
Originally posted by mehaner

i'm guessing that everyone sh*ttalking on dance has never actually been a dancer.

jc penney had a controversy a few years ago and had to pull shirts off the shelves that said "i'm too pretty for math" or some such. 

this is nothing new.  i was teased for being a nerd all through school.  it only bothered me a little bit.  kinda.

True enough.  We get asked alot about the sports we played as kids because of our kid's athleticism....my wife played NONE...she danced.  My wife also enjoys her nerd status.....we mostly make fun of her. Laughing

in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Left Brain

I just ordered a custom t-shirt for the next race.....

On the front it says, "My Kid Hates Triathlon"

On the back it says, "F*^K Him, He's Racing"

OMFG.

Order one for me.

in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas
Originally posted by mr2tony

i'm guessing that everyone sh*ttalking on dance has never actually been a dancer.

jc penney had a controversy a few years ago and had to pull shirts off the shelves that said "i'm too pretty for math" or some such. 

this is nothing new.  i was teased for being a nerd all through school.  it only bothered me a little bit.  kinda.

Whaddya mean `all through high school, nerd?' Aren't you supposed to be sipping fine wine and saying stuff like `Ehhhhscuzzzze. Posso avere piu vino?'

people don't make fun of me for it now, they just pay me $$$.

vado bebere vino alle venti.  IL BIATCH.

2013-08-06 12:26 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by jford2309

I think any t shirt with cuss words on them shows a lack of immaturity IMO.

T Shirts that are meant to be funny are just that, nothing more.

They show a LACK of immaturity? I do not think you mean what you think you mean.
2013-08-06 12:27 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Nice:)

2013-08-06 12:28 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Champion
Chicago

Whaddya mean `all through high school, nerd?' Aren't you supposed to be sipping fine wine and saying stuff like `Ehhhhscuzzzze. Posso avere piu vino?'

people don't make fun of me for it now, they just pay me $$$.

vado bebere vino alle venti.  IL BIATCH.

Your FACE is il biatch!

2013-08-06 12:30 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Originally posted by switch

Nice

yeah, meant to type maturity, not immaturity.

2013-08-06 12:35 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
PA

"sarcfont thingy" No way.. I love dancers and I support them $1 at a time. "/sarcfont thingy"

Edited by Pector55 2013-08-06 12:36 PM
2013-08-06 12:36 PM
in reply to: Pector55

User image

Pro
Originally posted by Pector55

No way.. I love dancers and I support them $1 at a time.

Oh................................NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-08-06 12:37 PM

User image

Champion
PA

Yeah I gave up on trying to figure out how the sarc font works now. Just know the sarc font was intended and it's a joke. It fits right onto the shirts on topic. It will offend the over-sensitive and that's fine. ;-)

Edited by Pector55 2013-08-06 12:38 PM
2013-08-06 12:39 PM

User image

Pro

Yeah I gave up on trying to figure out how the sarc font works now. Just know it was intended and it's a joke. It fits right onto the shirts on topic. It will offend the over-sensitive and that's fine. ;-)

My sarc font won't work either......sometimes it turns up blue I think....I quit trying.

2013-08-06 12:58 PM

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro

The theme has shifted a bit in the thread, but I have to say that one I still get a chuckle out of is this one:

Clearly his crew didn't heed the request.

2013-08-06 1:01 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Yeah I gave up on trying to figure out how the sarc font works now. Just know the sarc font was intended and it's a joke. It fits right onto the shirts on topic. It will offend the over-sensitive and that's fine. ;-)
I've supported a few dancers $1 at a time--no sarc font. For real. I still think the kids' t shirts I posted are lame.
2013-08-06 1:07 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

I've supported a few dancers $1 at a time--no sarc font. For real. I still think the kids' t shirts I posted are lame.

Good to see that male strippers are earning an equal wage for equal work. 

Cool

2013-08-06 1:08 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

I've supported a few dancers $1 at a time--no sarc font.

Switch, as usual you echo my sentiment.  Hey...those girls work hard!

Edit:

Oh, and Aaron, I don't think Switch was referring to male dancers either, she'll correct me if I'm wrong...........

Edited by noelle1230 2013-08-06 1:11 PM
2013-08-06 1:11 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by noelle1230

So you better treat her right!

2013-08-06 1:13 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
LHOTP

And some of them are very talented. They're adults making a choice. Right on. Btw, never seen a male stripper, and, strangely, that has no appeal...
2013-08-06 1:15 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

And some of them are very talented. They're adults making a choice. Right on. Btw, never seen a male stripper, and, strangely, that has no appeal...

Apparently Magic Mike is a good movie. Monica still hasn't stopped talking about it for some reason. They must be really good magicians.
2013-08-06 1:15 PM

User image

Champion
PA

I agree that the kids shirts the OP posted are rediculous. As a father of a son and a daughter, I don't understand supporting the notion that aspiring to be the lowest common denominator of human on the planet is a good thing. Even when I know my kids are just pushing my buttons, I still reiterate my negative opinions of those made famous only by pop culture.

...then I yell, "Get off my lawn!" even when there isn't anyone on my lawn.

Edited by Pector55 2013-08-06 1:18 PM
2013-08-06 1:34 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Originally posted by Kido

I would agree that's it's pretty classless, but honestly, since when did T-Shirts become the conveyance of enlightened literature or poignant commentary?  It's a T-shirt people.  Go to any souvenir shop or Spencer's Gifts and see a pluthera of tasteless T-shirts.  I guess I take T-shirt quotes a little tongue in cheek and wouldn't associated it with poor parenting or social degradation.

I have never been a fan of the "humorous" T-shirts, however, the tuxedo T-shirt still sort of makes me chuckle.. 

This must be a poke the snake time for you, huh?

A parent buying that shirt for their kid, or a number of other things, like the pants and shorts with words written on the butt, do, indeed, seem like bad parenting choices to me, and, yep, another type of social degradation. 

There are tons of good t-shirts out there...why not buy one for your kid that is just positive all the way around?  I love Tony's "Nerd" shirt.  My kids have "Bookworm" shirts, nature themed t-shirts, t-shirts with (gasp!) no words or logos.  I really think it's OK to use critical thinking when making these choices, especially when it comes to spending money and creating an image with which your kids identify. 

As for humorous shirts, thinkgeek.com has some that I think are pretty funny, but I guess it all depends on your sense of humor.  A t-shirt that portrays a girl as being good at spending money and not at math isn't ever going to seem funny to me.

I'm not familiar with that term.  I'm not trying to poke anything...

I think we can all agree that since T-shirts were made, there have been plenty of tasteless, crass, rude, crude, raunchy, stupid, disgusting, and obnoxious ones printed up.  So NOW is the time to get offended if a kid has one that says they are born to wear diamonds?

I saw some nasty red neck chick wearing a coat embroidered on the back "if you like my mountains, you'll love my bush"...  I threw up in my mouth a bit.  After seeing that?  The "born to wear diamonds" doesn't seem that bad.

2013-08-06 2:05 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
PA

I would agree that's it's pretty classless, but honestly, since when did T-Shirts become the conveyance of enlightened literature or poignant commentary?  It's a T-shirt people.  Go to any souvenir shop or Spencer's Gifts and see a pluthera of tasteless T-shirts.  I guess I take T-shirt quotes a little tongue in cheek and wouldn't associated it with poor parenting or social degradation.

I have never been a fan of the "humorous" T-shirts, however, the tuxedo T-shirt still sort of makes me chuckle.. 

A parent buying that shirt for their kid, or a number of other things, like the pants and shorts with words written on the butt, do, indeed, seem like bad parenting choices to me, and, yep, another type of social degradation. 

There are tons of good t-shirts out there...why not buy one for your kid that is just positive all the way around?  I love Tony's "Nerd" shirt.  My kids have "Bookworm" shirts, nature themed t-shirts, t-shirts with (gasp!) no words or logos.  I really think it's OK to use critical thinking when making these choices, especially when it comes to spending money and creating an image with which your kids identify. 

As for humorous shirts, thinkgeek.com has some that I think are pretty funny, but I guess it all depends on your sense of humor.  A t-shirt that portrays a girl as being good at spending money and not at math isn't ever going to seem funny to me.

I think we can all agree that since T-shirts were made, there have been plenty of tasteless, crass, rude, crude, raunchy, stupid, disgusting, and obnoxious ones printed up.  So NOW is the time to get offended if a kid has one that says they are born to wear diamonds?

I saw some nasty red neck chick wearing a coat embroidered on the back "if you like my mountains, you'll love my bush"...  I threw up in my mouth a bit.  After seeing that?  The "born to wear diamonds" doesn't seem that bad.

Well now.. if you didn't love her mountains, why not just stop there? ;-)

I happend to know of an extremely sexy crossfit chick who has a shirt that references "If you love my (something) you'll love my snatch." Now that is clearly just a reference to the exercise but perves may find it offensive simply because they took it the wrong way. Maybe your redneck chick is merely making reference to Busch beer and simply spelled it wrong.

2013-08-06 2:28 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

I happend to know of an extremely sexy crossfit chick who has a shirt that references "If you love my (something) you'll love my snatch." Now that is clearly just a reference to the exercise but perves may find it offensive simply because they took it the wrong way. Maybe your redneck chick is merely making reference to Busch beer and simply spelled it wrong.

The ones I don't get are simply one cuss word. I swear as much as the next guy but I just don't understand.
2013-08-06 2:34 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by mr2tony  The ones I don't get are simply one cuss word. I swear as much as the next guy but I just don't understand.

Right!  I think I'm pretty laid back, but for a hot minute, I actually got mad at some kid who wore a shirt that simply said "Eff You".  (with the correct spelling, obviously.)

The simple lack of respect to everyone that shirt expressed pushed the wrong button for me for a second...  Then it was "kids will be kids" and all that.

I envisioned the kid needing aid someday while wearing it and the good Samaritan would just repeat what he read and move on.

2013-08-06 2:51 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Regular
LHOTP

The children that shirt is marketed to are 6-10. Their parents BUY the shirt. The shirt has words on it that convey a message. "Here, Suzie, isn't this cute. Forget about that math homework! Let's go shopping!" I guess we all have things that push our buttons. People telling girls math isn't important happens to be on my list.
2013-08-06 2:52 PM

User image

Champion
PA

The ones I don't get are simply one cuss word. I swear as much as the next guy but I just don't understand.

I'm with you. I swear now and then and to be honest, I try not to. It's not funny and it doesn't make anyone tough so I don't quite understand it either.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Nice frickin shirt... Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

FRICKIN' LIAR! Pages: 1 2

Started by Bigfuzzydoug
Views: 2722 Posts: 35

2009-07-27 7:42 AM Bigfuzzydoug

Holy Frickin Addictive!

Started by ryanlc
Views: 829 Posts: 15

2007-11-24 10:52 PM LHablas