General Discussion Triathlon Talk » DANGEROUS... new pea gravel on IMWI bike course... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-09 11:12 PM

New user

Madison, WI
Subject: DANGEROUS... new pea gravel on IMWI bike course...
They have done it again... laid pea gravel just weeks before the IMWI race, but this time in a VERY DANGEROUS location.
There is pea gravel at the bottom of the fastest hill on the course!
At the very bottom of the hill on Timber Lane before the 90 degree left hand turn. It was dodgy before... it is now mindbogglingly dangerous! (Is that a word?!)
Take this corner VERY slowly!

OC

2013-08-20 10:58 AM
in reply to: #4825724

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: DANGEROUS... new pea gravel on IMWI bike course...
I've ridden that course for years and it just seems to get worse and worse. They need to look at changing things up. You shouldn't have to break because of road conditions.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » DANGEROUS... new pea gravel on IMWI bike course... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

IMWI Bike Course Updates?

Started by jtad
Views: 1314 Posts: 10

2011-06-15 9:31 AM amyjotris

Visiting IMWI bike course on July 3rd

Started by gibboweiser
Views: 1308 Posts: 9

2010-07-02 6:17 PM gibboweiser

IMWI Bike Course

Started by nccgrap
Views: 1097 Posts: 15

2008-04-27 7:56 PM 1stTimeTri

IMWI Course Ride & Run : May 24-25

Started by oipolloi
Views: 1269 Posts: 18

2008-01-14 2:14 PM oipolloi

Saturday Swim/Ride IMWI Course

Started by BadgerIronMan
Views: 720 Posts: 1

2006-07-11 10:35 AM BadgerIronMan
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : January 8, 2010
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
I am in the market for a new road bike, at several local bike stores I will test ride several bikes. Other than basic fit and components, how should I compare them while doing a test ride?
date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
I bought a new road bike in April and want to know how to properly maintain it during the season when I'm riding often and during the off season.

date : July 14, 2008
author : Birkierunner
comments : 2
Watch the highlights and tips of this years IMWI BT mini-camp put on by Birkierunner.
date : December 20, 2007
I struggled on the bike while climbing the hill portions of the course. I do fine on long straight rides but really have a tough time while hill climbing. Any advice or training tips?

date : December 3, 2007
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Complete course preview of the New Jersey State triathlon featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : June 11, 2007
author : TriDDS
If you would have told me that I would want to train over ten hours a week for a race that can last up to 17 hours, I would have laughed. But somehow, my ACL injury has refocused my outlook on life.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.