Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Final Season of Breaking Bad (Spoilers Likely) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2013-09-12 7:32 AM
in reply to: sbsmann

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Final Season of Breaking Bad (Spoilers Likely)
I thught that too about Hank's call. It is the one time in this show when I thought the writing was even a tiny bt predictable, meaning, the call established that she knows, but that's clearly the last they'll talk. Of course, that could be what they want me to think.

I was in DC staying at friends' for the Nations Tri, and they din't have cable, so I had to buy it on itunes or I'd be going insane all week until I get home to my DVR. What a run these last three episodes are going to have to be.

2013-09-15 8:41 PM
in reply to: TheClaaaw

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Halfway through andmI am dying here. So much intensity in one episode. Flynn is breaking my heart.
2013-09-15 10:45 PM

User image

Veteran
OK, I started to finally hate Walt in this episode, but then... when he takes Skyler out of any trouble with his telephone speech and we see him crying, I got sucked back in. He isn't truly a hate-able character.

Only 2 more.
2013-09-15 10:51 PM
in reply to: JamieS

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by JamieS

OK, I started to finally hate Walt in this episode, but then... when he takes Skyler out of any trouble with his telephone speech and we see him crying, I got sucked back in. He isn't truly a hate-able character.

Only 2 more.

This is why the writers are so flipping good. In any other show, we would have seen it coming. But tonight. I was convinced he had fully snapped in the wake of Hank's death.... Especially following the Jane revelation and the fate of Jesse, it seemed like he was 100% irredeemable, but then his brilliant thinking-like-a-chess-grandmaster kicked in and he saved his family from further destruction. At least he could do that. Now I wish Jesse gets out of Todd's insane clutches somehow, and that M-60 does some damage to the whole Aryan brotherhood. And Lydia.

Damn this show has found my dark place.

2013-09-16 8:07 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

He's snapped because his world, that he has always controlled is out of his hands now....hence, him going into hiding. He's lost control and can't "get out of it" this time. I've come to realize that once someone goes against him, they're dead to him. Jesse, Skyler, Flynn.....they crossed him and he's done 'protecting' them. Family or not.....

I don't think that he wanted Hank dead because he never really went against him. Walt figured that Hank was just doing his job.

When he took Holly, I choked up.....especially when she was saying "mommy" over and over. But it was a brilliant move. He knew that the cops would be involved. He knew how to break Skyler down mentally. He knew the cops were there when he made the call.....and when he went on his diatribe about family and the past, he implicated her in her knowing all about the empire. She's screwed, I think....

My prediction is somewhat still on point.

He's been caught, he's escaped, and he's into hiding thru Sauls guy.

The next two episodes are gonna be intense.....

2013-09-16 8:16 AM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
I don't even know what to say about last nights show except the obvious - Best.  Ever.  And yet it will get even better.  Amazing.

2013-09-16 9:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
Originally posted by bradleyd3

He's snapped because his world, that he has always controlled is out of his hands now....hence, him going into hiding. He's lost control and can't "get out of it" this time. I've come to realize that once someone goes against him, they're dead to him. Jesse, Skyler, Flynn.....they crossed him and he's done 'protecting' them. Family or not.....

I don't think that he wanted Hank dead because he never really went against him. Walt figured that Hank was just doing his job.

When he took Holly, I choked up.....especially when she was saying "mommy" over and over. But it was a brilliant move. He knew that the cops would be involved. He knew how to break Skyler down mentally. He knew the cops were there when he made the call.....and when he went on his diatribe about family and the past, he implicated her in her knowing all about the empire. She's screwed, I think....

I kind of felt his diatribe about the family was an attempt to help Skylar with the police. My thought was that he was taking full blame for everything and made it sound as if she did know, but that he had been threatening her the entire time about turning him in. He said something along the lines of "this was my business and mine alone" or something about him being responsible. I think that call made her seem like more of a victim, rather than an accessory,

And he ended with, "I've still got things to do"...I can't wait to see what he's talking about!
2013-09-16 10:20 AM
in reply to: aggiegrad96

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by aggiegrad96

I kind of felt his diatribe about the family was an attempt to help Skylar with the police. My thought was that he was taking full blame for everything and made it sound as if she did know, but that he had been threatening her the entire time about turning him in. He said something along the lines of "this was my business and mine alone" or something about him being responsible. I think that call made her seem like more of a victim, rather than an accessory,

And he ended with, "I've still got things to do"...I can't wait to see what he's talking about!

I'm with aggiegrad here. Go back and listen to that again from the perspective of a cop. It makes her sound like a captive, he is the grandmaster. He knew the cops were listening, his family was gone to him, but he doesn't want to hurt them any further. He returned Holly. In fact, I am convinced he had the plan when he picked her up. When we see him apparently decide to return her because of her Mommy cries, he's already outside the fire dept. i may have that wrong. But either way, when he finally accepted that he lost them, he didn't have the revenge for them that he did for Jesse. His speech was the last thing he could do to make their lives less hellish after he disappeared. It's still going to suck, but now Skylar wn't likely do time.

2013-09-16 10:44 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Originally posted by TheClaaaw

Originally posted by aggiegrad96

I'm with aggiegrad here. Go back and listen to that again from the perspective of a cop. It makes her sound like a captive, he is the grandmaster. He knew the cops were listening, his family was gone to him, but he doesn't want to hurt them any further. He returned Holly. In fact, I am convinced he had the plan when he picked her up. When we see him apparently decide to return her because of her Mommy cries, he's already outside the fire dept. i may have that wrong. But either way, when he finally accepted that he lost them, he didn't have the revenge for them that he did for Jesse. His speech was the last thing he could do to make their lives less hellish after he disappeared. It's still going to suck, but now Skylar wn't likely do time.

But Aggiegrad is an Aggie....so you have to take that with a grain of salt.

I can actually see that aspect, however, he mentioned a few times that she knew about the empire. I keep going back to the "flash-forward" scenes where the house is fenced off/seized....his admittance of the empire he built and the fact that she knew of this (and used dirty money to fund the car wash, etc) doesn't bode will for her. She may be able to claim that she was 'held hostage' by this but she can't claim that she was fully innocent too.

I think "Heisenberg" grabbed Holly....not Walt. He's flipped in and out of both so many times, though....it's hard to keep track of who's thinking like a kingpin and who's thinking logically. Holly is the only one in the family that will not know Walt for who he is. Hence....taking everyone out and leaving Holly alive (and leaving her the money).....remember....Mike did this for his granddaughter.....and Walt likes to take on the persona of people he's killed.

With Jesse still in the picture (Walt doesn't know he's still alive).....how will that play out? Will he come back to take everyone out....Nazi's, family, etc?

Sunday cannot get here soon enough.

2013-09-16 12:31 PM

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
I agree, Sunday has to get here soon.

I think you are probably right that it was Heisenberg who grabbed Holly and imagined building a new life with the only untouched part left. That definitely was short-lived. And when reality set in, I still think that call was to lessen the blow for Skylar. There is no way she'll be able to feign complete ignorance, especially with her history as an accountant. (I do wonder if a deeper investigation into Beneke may eventually lead to the truth about her.) - so rather than play like she was clueless, he put it out that she always fought him on it, and it was all his idea, etc etc..... Masterful really, in hindsight, much like the "confession" naming Hank. I didn't see it coming but it makes sense in hindsight.

2013-09-16 8:16 PM

User image

Master
Beijing

Originally posted by bradleyd3 He's snapped because his world, that he has always controlled is out of his hands now....hence, him going into hiding. He's lost control and can't "get out of it" this time. I've come to realize that once someone goes against him, they're dead to him. Jesse, Skyler, Flynn.....they crossed him and he's done 'protecting' them. Family or not..... I don't think that he wanted Hank dead because he never really went against him. Walt figured that Hank was just doing his job. When he took Holly, I choked up.....especially when she was saying "mommy" over and over. But it was a brilliant move. He knew that the cops would be involved. He knew how to break Skyler down mentally. He knew the cops were there when he made the call.....and when he went on his diatribe about family and the past, he implicated her in her knowing all about the empire. She's screwed, I think.... My prediction is somewhat still on point. He's been caught, he's escaped, and he's into hiding thru Sauls guy. The next two episodes are gonna be intense.....

If you've got it on DVR, go back and watch it again.   I think it was very clear that Walt was constructing an "out" for Skyler... basically implying that he was forcing her to act under duress.   He even says "I Built this. NO ONE ELSE."   You can see it on Skyler's face when she realizes what's happening.  He never "implicated" her other than to say that she knew about HIS business, and that he had threatened her in order to keep her quiet. 

He has continually "protected" his family from his business... that has been the one constant throughout the entire show... and it will be the thread that connects the next 2 episodes.  He'll do what he can to secure his family's future.

I think there's still another "twist" left when it comes to Walt and Jesse.  I don't know what it is.  If there's any redemption to be found in Walt's character at this point, it will come through Jesse, methinks. 

Is the final episode going to be a 2-hour special?  I think it's going to have to be.

2013-09-23 8:17 AM
in reply to: moondawg14

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
Hmmmmmmm......last nights show seems like it wants you to believe Walt might be turning himself in or simply dying alone in the middle of nowhere in that pathetic little cabin.  However, I doubt Mr. Gilligan will write it up that boring.  More realistically Walt did that to draw attention to his whereabouts in New Hampshire while he conveniently makes his way back to New Mexico to "finish up business".  I have a feeling the final episode will pack more punch than I will be able to handle.  Prediction = it will be one of the best finales EVER of any TV series!
2013-09-23 9:34 AM
in reply to: sbsmann

User image

Veteran
Originally posted by sbsmann

Hmmmmmmm......last nights show seems like it wants you to believe Walt might be turning himself in or simply dying alone in the middle of nowhere in that pathetic little cabin.  However, I doubt Mr. Gilligan will write it up that boring.  More realistically Walt did that to draw attention to his whereabouts in New Hampshire while he conveniently makes his way back to New Mexico to "finish up business".  I have a feeling the final episode will pack more punch than I will be able to handle.  Prediction = it will be one of the best finales EVER of any TV series!

I don't know. I think that Walter White was ready to turn himself in. (after he saw how Jr. was affected by all he had done) But, he saw his old partners from Grey Matter and when they said he didn't do anything for the company outside of the name, Heisenberg came back up to the top and decided on revenge. There really are 2 different people in that head. Walt and Heisenberg. (maybe that's how he gets off - delusional schizophrenia - multiple personality brought on by the cancer)

One more week and then it's all over. There are a lot of loose ends to tie up.
2013-09-23 3:00 PM
in reply to: JamieS

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
I just don't know what to think. I really think Walt was trying to get the manhunt in NH and away from his home, so he can go back and tie up loose ends - get rid of the redneck neo-nazis and get money to his family. I dunno. I just felt like last night's extended episode didn't accomplish much. I hated what happened to Jesse and his ex.

I am looking forward to next week, but hope it doesn't disappoint!
2013-09-24 8:30 AM
in reply to: aggiegrad96

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

This coming Sunday's episode is going to be intense. Last weeks was slow but it set up a lot of stories/questions that will be answered.

Nazi's are as good as dead.
Walt is already planning on how to get all the money to his family (Sal referenced Mike's grand daughter again in the last show)
Wondering how Jessie will fare throughout this. Will Heisenberg off him or will the Nazi's?

What if Breaking Bad is a prequel to "Malcolm in the Middle" and the end of the series, show's Walt walking into the kitchen and the wife and kids are all around the table.....and he walks in and says "Daddys home"......and it fades to black.

2013-09-24 8:34 AM

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania

What if Breaking Bad is a prequel to "Malcolm in the Middle" and the end of the series, show's Walt walking into the kitchen and the wife and kids are all around the table.....and he walks in and says "Daddys home"......and it fades to black.

It's actually all a dream sequence by Jerry Seinfeld who is still hung up on his dentist telling Jewish jokes.

2013-09-24 8:49 AM

User image

Master
Western MA near the VT & NH border on the CT river
Originally posted by bradleyd3 What if Breaking Bad is a prequel to "Malcolm in the Middle" and the end of the series, show's Walt walking into the kitchen and the wife and kids are all around the table.....and he walks in and says "Daddys home"......and it fades to black.

It's actually all a dream sequence by Jerry Seinfeld who is still hung up on his dentist telling Jewish jokes.

I read this yesterday.  My favorite is #5 regarding how the show will end

The 33 Greatest Mysteries On "Breaking Bad"

2013-09-24 9:36 AM

User image

Master
Fulton, MD

Walter and Jesse deliberately cook up a bad batch to sabotage the Nazis, unknowingly unleashing the zombie apocalypse on mankind. BrBa is the prequel for the Walking Dead.
2013-09-24 9:44 PM
in reply to: jcnipper

User image

Master
Straight outta Compton
Besides Jesse I feel the most sad for Walt Jr. That poor kid has been put through the ringer the last couple episodes.

I'm thinking the ricin will be used on the Grey Matter folks. Agreed that that Aryan Brotherhood is as good as dead. He can use the same trick he used to kill the two thugs in the first season (mixing the phosphorous gas).

Mostly I'd like to see Jesse kill Heisenberg and find some sort of peace. Maybe he can adopt Walt Jr :/
2013-09-25 7:53 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
FYI...Monday night's Conan Late show was an entire show dedicated to Breaking Bad.  It was an awesome show in which he had virtually ever actor and actress from the series come out and join him (oh, and Vince Gilligan too).  If you are a fan, it is certainly worth checking out -------> HERE.

Edited by sbsmann 2013-09-25 7:56 AM
2013-09-25 7:12 PM
in reply to: mcgilmartin

User image

Master
Beijing

Originally posted by mcgilmartin Besides Jesse I feel the most sad for Walt Jr. That poor kid has been put through the ringer the last couple episodes. I'm thinking the ricin will be used on the Grey Matter folks. Agreed that that Aryan Brotherhood is as good as dead. He can use the same trick he used to kill the two thugs in the first season (mixing the phosphorous gas). Mostly I'd like to see Jesse kill Heisenberg and find some sort of peace. Maybe he can adopt Walt Jr :/

I was coming here to say that Jesse Kills Heisenberg.  That thought just came to me the other day and I felt like it would really "fit" with all of the occurrences recently.  Of course, the show never does anything that seems remotely obvious, so...  who knows.  I just felt like the "pump is primed" for Jesse to be able to kill him.

I wonder if Jesse will use the season 1 trick to kill the Aryans?   I don't think that killing H-berg will give Jesse peace.... but maybe.

Good call on Ricin for the Grey Matter folks.  We see time and time again on the show that when people threaten Walt's person... he gets reactive, but when they threaten his work or his intentions he gets ANGRY.

'twill be a tremendous episode this week. 

2013-09-29 7:35 PM

User image

Master
Beijing

I found this on one of my regular "read some stuff about China" websites.

Interesting perspective.

2013-09-29 8:36 PM

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River
Too many commercials.    Yell
2013-09-29 9:22 PM
in reply to: MadMathemagician

User image

Master
Atlanta, Georgia
Bad Finger's "Baby Blue". One of my favorite songs ever. "Guess I got what I deserved. . . ".

Perfect.
2013-09-30 7:04 AM
in reply to: alltom1

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by alltom1 Bad Finger's "Baby Blue". One of my favorite songs ever. "Guess I got what I deserved. . . ". Perfect.

loved it.  beautiful ending.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Final Season of Breaking Bad (Spoilers Likely) Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Breaking Bad New Season

Started by TheClaaaw
Views: 682 Posts: 1

2011-07-29 8:07 PM TheClaaaw

Breaking Bad - Season 4

Started by mfoutz
Views: 849 Posts: 3

2011-07-18 8:43 AM gebman

Final Season of Big Love **possible spoiler**

Started by jford2309
Views: 644 Posts: 1

2011-01-17 2:17 PM jford2309

Breaking Bad season finale (not a spoiler)

Started by Slidell4life
Views: 695 Posts: 3

2010-06-16 2:19 PM ratherbesnowboarding

The Bachelor- Final Rose (spoiler) Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by joker70
Views: 5163 Posts: 77

2009-03-09 6:53 AM hooslisa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 15, 2008
author : lcthomas74
comments : 0
Soon after I got married, I decided I needed to get motivated to work out and focus on getting back into shape. I could barely jog a quarter-mile without needing a walk break.

date : March 17, 2008
author : BWL
comments : 4
Using tri training for breaking bad habits, getting healthy and gaining confidence plus a little bit of humility.
date : February 7, 2008
author : AMSSM
The off season should be just that – a time to rest your body, to rehabilitate injury, and to plan ahead on how to improve performance and prevent injury in the season to come.

date : October 11, 2007
author : Ron
Training program for the minority triathlete wanting to put on some extra muscle mass to get buff for next years triathlon season.
date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.

date : October 30, 2005
author : smeeko
If you are able to honestly look at your routine and find the balance, you will be a happier person and a happier athlete as well.
date : April 24, 2005
author : AMSSM
It sounds like your ankle has seen plenty of mileage and, by the description of your surgeon’s plan, that you have damage to the articular cartilage that caps your talus bone.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.