CLOSED

of 82

2013-10-24 4:21 PM
in reply to: 0

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: TAN 201: Yanti races Ironman JaTAN
Originally posted by lisac957

Wow so many BTers have made their log private... what gives? Why have a blog? What am I missing?

. An honest question deserves an honest answer. Kido hit the head on the nail with a few of his responses. My biggest reason as to why I have unfriended on FB or BT is because peeps didn't communicate/inspire/post for many weeks or months with me even after I consistently would read their posts and respond - that's a lot of time added up. That started to perturb me, especially since I'm married to a not-so-accepting-of-my-wasting-time-on-the-Internet wife, have 3 great sons who are quite involved with co-curricular sport activities, and my training or coaching youth sports. The second reason is when someone trashes me or becomes critical, and I find out. Peeps unfriend me because they don't like my humor. I block because I contain my communication to those that maintained the communication and/or didn't become critical. I used to be like you, Lisa, but situations changed. Plus, I haven't had the time for quite awhile to blog like I used to, and I feel that I may leave, or limit myself to responding to selective posts in a "mature" and positive way for now on so as to not pizz anyone off....For the past few months I've been going through a rough time, too, due to my sister, and have withdrawn quite a bit. There hasn't been anything added to my blog for a long time...*emo TOPpage*

Edited by 1stTimeTri 2013-10-24 4:23 PM

2013-10-24 4:42 PM
in reply to: 1stTimeTri

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

For Lisa's question.  There were people that I used to us inspires with, and they quit using BT and I quit logging anything as I don't think anyone really cared.  I have been out of Tri's for almost 2 years now because of injuries and have put too much food in my pie hole.  I may start logging again, if I can find a Clydesdale mentor group to get into and share it with them.  I really don't care if people see what my training shows, as I don't know the last time I post any training here.  Probably 3 or more years ago.

I know that during the upgrade, people complained a lot about the training logs not working or allowing access type of problems.  That may have been a bigger issue that some people thought.  I wonder how much overall less content is being posted and how many less users are logged on and actually using the forums.

2013-10-24 4:59 PM
in reply to: 1stTimeTri

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by 1stTimeTri

Wow so many BTers have made their log private... what gives? Why have a blog? What am I missing?

. An honest question deserves an honest answer. Kido hit the head on the nail with a few of his responses. My biggest reason as to why I have unfriended on FB or BT is because peeps didn't communicate/inspire/post for many weeks or months with me even after I consistently would read their posts and respond - that's a lot of time added up. That started to perturb me, especially since I'm married to a not-so-accepting-of-my-wasting-time-on-the-Internet wife, have 3 great sons who are quite involved with co-curricular sport activities, and my training or coaching youth sports. The second reason is when someone trashes me or becomes critical, and I find out. Peeps unfriend me because they don't like my humor. I block because I contain my communication to those that maintained the communication and/or didn't become critical. I used to be like you, Lisa, but situations changed. Plus, I haven't had the time for quite awhile to blog like I used to, and I feel that I may leave, or limit myself to responding to selective posts in a "mature" and positive way for now on so as to not pizz anyone off....For the past few months I've been going through a rough time, too, due to my sister, and have withdrawn quite a bit. There hasn't been anything added to my blog for a long time...*emo TOPpage*

That's fair Phil. 
All though reciprocal communication, in my opinion, isn't the best measuring stick for "virtual" friends. Like you said just a few sentences later in your own post, time is limited. So just because someone isn't responding to every inspire or commenting daily - that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't still keeping tabs on your well being and/or want to remain friends. I guess you get what you put in - on both sides.

There are MANY folks here on BT that I check on on sporadically - I don't have time to click on every friend's log every day or even every week. But I still enjoy reading what they're up to every now and then, and having the option to "inspire" and support them from afar. It does make me scratch my head when I see I'm unable to do so out of the blue. It honestly makes me feel like I did something terribly wrong, so wrong that a friendship (even if "virtual") was terminated. Which simply does not compute in most cases.

2013-10-24 6:43 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

I have made my blog private or friends only at times but I have been on here for over 9 years and I have seen a lot of drama come and go. And a lot of triathletes come and go.   I have been personally attacked by people and at times I have not wanted to deal with it.  If I keep a blog to record my workouts and my own opinions you are welcome to not read it if you disagree with me but a lot of people don't get that and they go away after a bit and I open it back up.  I think I have mine open to BT members right now after I found out some work people googled me and found my blog here on BT. 

2013-10-25 9:07 AM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by Socks

I have made my blog private or friends only at times but I have been on here for over 9 years and I have seen a lot of drama come and go. And a lot of triathletes come and go.   I have been personally attacked by people and at times I have not wanted to deal with it.  If I keep a blog to record my workouts and my own opinions you are welcome to not read it if you disagree with me but a lot of people don't get that and they go away after a bit and I open it back up.  I think I have mine open to BT members right now after I found out some work people googled me and found my blog here on BT. 

Socks your blog is one that I visit occasionally because it's funny and interesting! That would freak me out a little if my co-workers had dug around enough to find my blog though...

I guess I know everyone has their own reasons for being public vs. private. For me though I joined this site when it was uber friendly and welcoming. I barely remember a snarky comment being made in the first 4-5 years I was here without profuse apologies and virtual hugs all around after a little spat. In today's BT environment I can see why people might want to close themselves off from those who have been downright nasty. 

IN OTHER NEWS:
Happy Friday!
Happy fake-IM-race-day-EVE to Monica and Chris! Wheeee!

2013-10-25 9:10 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

It honestly makes me feel like I did something terribly wrong, so wrong that a friendship (even if "virtual") was terminated. Which simply does not compute in most cases.

Like me and Meh.....she hates me and I don't know why.

2013-10-25 10:15 AM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by bradleyd3
Originally posted by lisac957 It honestly makes me feel like I did something terribly wrong, so wrong that a friendship (even if "virtual") was terminated. Which simply does not compute in most cases.

it would take up too much time to begin to list the reasons.

2013-10-25 10:17 AM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Regular
Madrid
Originally posted by bradleyd3

It honestly makes me feel like I did something terribly wrong, so wrong that a friendship (even if "virtual") was terminated. Which simply does not compute in most cases.

Please. I think we know why.

Anyhow on a more positive note its a super cool stretch of time coming up for me.
- No work next week.
- Big Halloween party tomorrow night.
- A friend of mine Jeremy Guthrie and Salvador Perez that play for the Royals come to Madrid Wednesday to put on a baseball clinic.
- Wednesday night we go to the Real Madrid vs Sevilla soccer game.
- Thursday I've arranged for them to tour the Real Madrid practice facilities and do a meet and greet thing with the players.
- Friday is the clinic itself. I have about 100 kids signed up so far.

So on that note I wish you all a good weekend, a good week ahead, good races, and a scary Halloween.
2013-10-25 10:19 AM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

What are you going as for Halloween?

2013-10-25 10:20 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Mr Meh and I are going as Drs Cooper and Farrah-Fowler.

2013-10-25 10:24 AM

User image

Regular
Madrid
Havent decided yet but either a banker or an axe murderer.

2013-10-25 10:32 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Chicago, IL

Originally posted by mehaner

Mr Meh and I are going as Drs Cooper and Farrah-Fowler.

That's awesome. I LOVE that show.

Meanwhile, I'll be Super Mario. Not very original, but hopefully it'll get some laughs.
If the outfit survives the night, it'll be making an appearance on the softball diamond on Sunday morning.

2013-10-25 10:39 AM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Originally posted by gr33n

Havent decided yet but either a banker or an axe murderer.

What's the difference? BOOM!!!
2013-10-25 10:40 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

I'm going at the Healthcare.gov website.

I'm going to print out a pic of the "The System Is Down At The Moment" and pin it to a white shirt.

I went as "The 1%" a few years ago.....dressed in a suit with a sign around my next that said "I AM the 1%".

2013-10-25 10:42 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
Madrid
The axe murderer is more merciful. And probably has a better future.

Edited by gr33n 2013-10-25 10:47 AM
2013-10-25 11:19 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Haha I LOVE Big Bang theory! Last night was pretty funny (was that last night?)

Gov't shut down is very clever! You could go as Uncle Sam with a "Sorry We're Closed" sign around your neck for more recognize-a-bility?

I still don't have any ideas. I think the party we're invited to is tomorrow so I doubt we'll come up with anything mind-blowing in 24 hours. 

2013-10-25 11:21 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

OK now I have an idea for both me and Brian.

Lady liberty headband + Sorry We're Closed sign
Uncle Sam hat + Sorry We're Closed sign

Cheap, easy, funny - sort of a couples costume.

2013-10-25 11:27 AM

User image

Pro

OK now I have an idea for both me and Brian.

Lady liberty headband + Sorry We're Closed sign
Uncle Sam hat + Sorry We're Closed sign

Cheap, easy, funny - sort of a couples costume.

I like it!!

2013-10-25 12:13 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Chatham Ontario
Hello everyone.

Long time no TAN

How is everyone doing?

I might go out as a midget for Halloween all I have to do is... well nothing because I am already short.

2013-10-25 12:37 PM
in reply to: Techdiver

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

I'm thinking of wrapping myself up in bubble wrap and letting people pop the bubbles. Mobile stress relief!

2013-10-25 1:05 PM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Thanks goodness it's Friday!  I HOPE I can make the most of the weekend before getting back to in on Monday.  It's been the worst 3-4 months.  VERY stressful with no end in site.  I guess trying to finish a 150 million dollar project in a year (I'm sort of guess on the cost, but it's up there) creates a lot of panic/stress.

For the record, I opened my BT logs up to BTers.  So anyone can check them out and look at a whole lot of nothing...

2013-10-25 2:14 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

anyone have a fun weekend planned??

2013-10-25 2:53 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

not really.  I have to study the whole weekend for my exam to deign buildings for earthquakes.

probably break for the broncos and a workout.

2013-10-25 4:30 PM

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Watch the biggest rivalry in college soccer tonight: CalPoly SLO vs. UC Santa Barbara. Yes, amazingly enough there is a rivalry in college soccer...

Hopefully go surfing tomorrow, been a while since I've hit the water for fun with my board and not for an OWS. In the evening maybe go to the CalPoly football game. They are not up there with the ranked schools but it's fun to watch and I have free tickets.

Sunday: Pumpkin carving!

2013-10-26 5:32 AM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Happy 4:00 a.m. alarm to get to work by 5:00.    YES IT IS A SATURDAY!!!!!    Have a great weekend TAN!!!

New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN 201: Yanti races Ironman JaTAN Rss Feed  

of 82

RELATED POSTS

TAN #196 BlaTANt Adulation for Yanti the Indefatigable! Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66

Started by trinnas
Views: 34433 Posts: 1646

2013-03-21 2:33 PM trinnas

Yanti is gonna be an IronMAN!!! Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by lkct01234
Views: 10407 Posts: 113

2012-03-26 4:05 PM Chaderbox

TAN#155: TANkful Yanti's still alive Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64

Started by pitt83
Views: 33625 Posts: 1597

2011-12-08 4:04 PM tech_geezer

TAN 75: Yanti wouldn't start me. Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68

Started by Chaderbox
Views: 19603 Posts: 1687

2009-05-19 11:43 AM steveseer

To tan or not to tan - and I do not mean TAN Pages: 1 2

Started by The Nat
Views: 4767 Posts: 44

2009-03-08 12:02 PM hooslisa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 23, 2012
author : ytriguy
comments : 0
Often it makes sense to race slower in order to finish faster and at the same time have a more enjoyable Ironman Triathlon experience.

date : March 28, 2012
author : EnduRight
Iron distance racing depends on the three pillars of pacing, nutrition and mental outlook. Training these three areas can significantly improve your race.
date : June 27, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 8
A middle-of-the-pack triathlete takes on the iron distance for the first time at Rev3's inaugural full distance race

date : October 10, 2009
author : qt2systems
In this fourth video of Training for an Ironman, Jesse Kropelnicki will discuss Ironman nutrition before and during the race. Includes carboloading and your race breakfast.
date : September 22, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
Is it realistic to race a sprint and Olympic distance race within 2-3 weeks of one another to gauge my progress before tackling the half Ironman?

date : October 4, 2007
author : jgosse66
It was the morning of Ironman Newfoundland 70.3, I felt queasy. I didn't want to eat or drink anything. I had a full blown case of the pre-race HEEBEE GEEBEES.
date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 8
I’m not going to sugar coat my experience and tell you that it was a piece of cake, but I am going to attempt to give you some advice and useful information that I wish I had before participating.

date : November 7, 2006
author : mikericci
Training our bodies to work efficiently in Zone 2 will help us keep our HR and pace even throughout an Ironman. This theory would hold true for the bike and run portion of an Ironman race.