Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-09-29 7:44 PM
in reply to: Blastman

User image

Master
Beijing
Subject: RE: Keeping up with the Russians

Originally posted by Blastman ^ Well my assumption is you aren't doing anything wrong to begin with. Not to derail this thread but it's not hard to find a report about cops going too far. There was a report here a few months ago where cops in 3 cruiser just beat the crap out of a guy who was already down. Of course the police went around and took/destroyed everyone's cell phones who record it for "evidence" but they never got them back or the videos off them of course. There was people who hid and had a record of the whole thing and the video was on the news. I do like the idea of these though. I may have to try some after I save and burn all the money I'm saving for more triathlon stuff. Ugg...expensive sport.

That's because nobody comes on the internet (or calls the news) to complain about the 99.5% of officers that are doing a damn fine job.

2013-09-29 10:36 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Blastman ^ Well my assumption is you aren't doing anything wrong to begin with. Not to derail this thread but it's not hard to find a report about cops going too far. There was a report here a few months ago where cops in 3 cruiser just beat the crap out of a guy who was already down. Of course the police went around and took/destroyed everyone's cell phones who record it for "evidence" but they never got them back or the videos off them of course. There was people who hid and had a record of the whole thing and the video was on the news. I do like the idea of these though. I may have to try some after I save and burn all the money I'm saving for more triathlon stuff. Ugg...expensive sport.

I think the case you're describing happened here in Omaha. 

Fortunately Nebraska is a single consent state for audio recording.  I've recorded any police interaction I've had since 2006.  It's not that I necessarily distrust the police, but I do know they have a lot of power and if it ever comes down to a my word vs. theirs I will lose by default unless I can prove them wrong.  Hence audio recording at a minimum.

I didn't get the dash cam for anything related to the po po but there is a little extra benefit in that regard for sure.  I more got it for the nerd factor and the motion detection/security camera aspect of it.  We've had quite a few break ins at the lake where I run at frequently and it would be awesome to catch some thug in the act.
The last little spark that made me buy one was a moderately severe car accident (no injuries) that happened right in front of me a couple weeks back.  I was thinking it would have been cool to have that on video.  (so, I could be like the Russians)  ;-

To add more fuel to Tony & LB's fire, I also have several HD video cameras all around my house.  My neighbors absolutely love it and I probably get a call a week to "look something up".  I give them all live feeds to the cameras watching the street to.  The teenagers on my street hate me because all their parents can keep an eye on their houses via their cellphones.

Edited by tuwood 2013-09-29 10:38 PM
2013-09-29 10:39 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Originally posted by tuwood

Fortunately Nebraska is a single consent state for audio recording.  I've recorded any police interaction I've had since 2006.  It's not that I necessarily distrust the police, but I do know they have a lot of power and if it ever comes down to a my word vs. theirs I will lose by default unless I can prove them wrong.  Hence audio recording at a minimum.

I didn't get the dash cam for anything related to the po po but there is a little extra benefit in that regard for sure.  I more got it for the nerd factor and the motion detection/security camera aspect of it.  We've also had quite a few break ins at the lake where I run at frequently and it would be awesome to catch some thug in the act.
The last little spark that made me buy one was a moderately severe car accident (no injuries) that happened right in front of me a couple weeks back.  I was thinking it would have been cool to have that on video.  (so, I could be like the Russians)  ;-

To add more fuel to Tony & LB's fire, I also have several HD video cameras all around my house.  My neighbors absolutely love it and I probably get a call a week to "look something up".  I give them all live feeds to the cameras watching the street to.  The teenagers on my street hate me because all their parents can keep an eye on their houses via their cellphones.

Dude - you're really close to spying on people......you realize that right?  Laughing

2013-09-30 8:24 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by Left Brain
Originally posted by tuwood

I didn't get the dash cam for anything related to the po po but there is a little extra benefit in that regard for sure.  I more got it for the nerd factor and the motion detection/security camera aspect of it.  We've also had quite a few break ins at the lake where I run at frequently and it would be awesome to catch some thug in the act.

Dude - you're really close to spying on people......you realize that right?  Laughing

It's an arms race.  I'm trying to keep up with the NSA. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Keeping up with the Russians Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Black Russian Friday: a modest proposal

Started by ride_like_u_stole_it
Views: 557 Posts: 5

2009-11-23 3:10 PM Nipper

Russian Scientist: UFO Crashed Into Meteorite to Save Earth

Started by Gaarryy
Views: 1001 Posts: 11

2009-05-30 7:49 AM ColdRingo6

Russians see "red" in Indy film

Started by crowny2
Views: 1058 Posts: 23

2008-05-27 1:41 PM chadtower

Anyone here speak Russian?

Started by ditchdoc
Views: 784 Posts: 9

2008-02-27 7:51 PM ditchdoc

Russian Nutcracker

Started by Frank Amato
Views: 514 Posts: 2

2005-11-28 7:32 AM nj newbie!
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 13, 2011
author : KenMierke
comments : 0
Learn the principles on how to lose weight and keep it off. These 10 commandments will help keep you at a healthy weight for life.

date : May 19, 2010
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Use this redesigned feature of your training logs to keep track of your time and mileage on all of your gear including shoes, bikes, tires, clothes, etc.
date : February 7, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 4
Is it good to listen to music while lap swimming? Are there any devices to help you keep track of your laps?

date : March 20, 2007
author : Team BT
Russian Twist abdominal exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : September 4, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on leg dragging, swimming with fins, body rotation, keeping the elbow up, kicking benefits and stroke length.

date : March 5, 2006
author : TH3_FRB
The goal is to get stronger while your swim, bike and run training schedule is relatively light and you can afford to hit the weights hard a couple times each week.