Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 82

2014-03-31 6:44 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour.

The wind here is STILL roaring. Not as much as the other night, but enough that Jim and I decided it was not safe to get out and try to pick up branches and stuff. We have 3 other trees that are snapped off that need to be brought down, but not until the wind is more breeze-like than tornado-like.

I am glad all the Ghoulies got safely home. We will have to do better on the weather next time

2014-03-31 7:01 AM

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by ironannekidd

Time to get serious about running again. I have no idea how many miles my old shoes have, and I've had them for a year, so I just ordered 2 new pair.

And some socks

I was afraid for a moment.. I didn't see the socks addition and I wondered what happened to ANN!

2 pair of Brooks Glycerin 11

3 pairs of socks

I needed the break this weekend. Even though I spent 1200+ miles sitting in the car, it was nice to get away, and to see you guys. I am refreshed now, and ready to start working out. I'm going out this afternoon to run some errands, I'll pick up more socks then.

2014-03-31 7:05 AM
in reply to: ironannekidd

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Time to get serious about running again. I have no idea how many miles my old shoes have, and I've had them for a year, so I just ordered 2 new pair.

And some socks

I was afraid for a moment.. I didn't see the socks addition and I wondered what happened to ANN!

2 pair of Brooks Glycerin 11

3 pairs of socks

I needed the break this weekend. Even though I spent 1200+ miles sitting in the car, it was nice to get away, and to see you guys. I am refreshed now, and ready to start working out. I'm going out this afternoon to run some errands, I'll pick up more socks then.

Sometimes a change of scenery and people and a softball game helps

2014-03-31 7:59 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I am going to the Docs today to see about my foot. It just keeps hurting more and more. It probably is the natural healing curve, but I want to make sure. I have things to do and I don't want get behind because I didn't deal with things as they came up.

2014-03-31 9:00 AM

User image

Elite
washington state

Glad that you all had a good weekend and survived the storms!  Quite the adventure

2014-04-01 4:20 AM
in reply to: deehtz

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

Very little sleep last night. Very little.

2014-04-01 5:54 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Originally posted by kns57

Good morning Ghoulies.  It was awesome to finally meet Ann (and her clan) this weekend.  They rock!  Robin and Jim were great hosts.  All in all, a perfect Ghoulie weekend.

I do apologize to you, and Robin, Keri was a little more high strung than normal. I wish you guys could meet her when she acts like herself.

Keri is awesome!!!!!!

I agree.  I totally enjoyed Keri and Caleb.  They are great kids.  

2014-04-01 5:57 AM
in reply to: kns57

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies!

Robin, glad you are getting a check up on your foot.  Hope that it is all the natural healing process.

Dee, looking forward to when I do get to meet you at a Ghoulie Pile.

Ann, Glad to see that socks continue to be an important part of your workouts.

2014-04-01 6:06 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies.  It was awesome to finally meet Ann (and her clan) this weekend.  They rock!  Robin and Jim were great hosts.  All in all, a perfect Ghoulie weekend.

I do apologize to you, and Robin, Keri was a little more high strung than normal. I wish you guys could meet her when she acts like herself.

Keri is awesome!!!!!!

I agree.  I totally enjoyed Keri and Caleb.  They are great kids.  

Thanks guys

2014-04-01 7:15 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Morning Ghoulies!

Happy April Fools Day!

The big guns came in yesterday to get the bit tree dealt with. They will have to come back later this week and weekend. We have 3 other trees that have to come down. One is a giant tree that has "fallen" but is being held up by another tree. It is hanging over one of the cottages. If it fell it would squish the cottage like a bug. The other two are hanging over the parking areas where people park. We can't rent the cottages until they are clear.

At yesterdays doctor appointment I got reprimanded. I have been doing too much, too fast evidently. So I itemized what I am allowed to do. No treadmill desk, I can run no more than 30 minutes on the treadmill, I CAN bike, but he would prefer spin bike or trainer and no mountain biking. continue PT and daily icing... All of this for a month, at least !!!!!!!

Added to that, Jim has an abscessed cyst that showed up on his back. The cyst was there but it suddenly got huge, red and gross. I sent him to the doc yesterday and he is having it removed today. That is gonna hurt!

I wish all of that was an april fool joke, but it isn't.

The good news, it was in the 70s and beautiful yesterday and it is going to be near 80 today! (I wish you all were here now). At the fire pit last night (with LOTS of fire wood, btw) there were tons of birds, bats, spring peepers peeping. It was lovely.

2014-04-01 7:20 AM

User image

Champion

Morning Ghoulies!

Happy April Fools Day!

The big guns came in yesterday to get the bit tree dealt with. They will have to come back later this week and weekend. We have 3 other trees that have to come down. One is a giant tree that has "fallen" but is being held up by another tree. It is hanging over one of the cottages. If it fell it would squish the cottage like a bug. The other two are hanging over the parking areas where people park. We can't rent the cottages until they are clear.

At yesterdays doctor appointment I got reprimanded. I have been doing too much, too fast evidently. So I itemized what I am allowed to do. No treadmill desk, I can run no more than 30 minutes on the treadmill, I CAN bike, but he would prefer spin bike or trainer and no mountain biking. continue PT and daily icing... All of this for a month, at least !!!!!!!

Added to that, Jim has an abscessed cyst that showed up on his back. The cyst was there but it suddenly got huge, red and gross. I sent him to the doc yesterday and he is having it removed today. That is gonna hurt!

I wish all of that was an april fool joke, but it isn't.

The good news, it was in the 70s and beautiful yesterday and it is going to be near 80 today! (I wish you all were here now). At the fire pit last night (with LOTS of fire wood, btw) there were tons of birds, bats, spring peepers peeping. It was lovely.

Ok, some suckage in here, BUT... better to find out about the trees now, than when someone was in them and trees came crashing down. Letting the foot heal means more time to sit back, listen to the birds, bats, and spring peepers peeping while sipping some wine.

2014-04-01 7:20 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

Why not? not enough wind to lull you to sleep

2014-04-01 7:36 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

It was a little breezy last night, but nothing like Saturday night at your house.

Donnie was watching a basketball game in bed when I was trying to go to sleep. I can fall asleep with the TV on. He kept trying to turn down the volume, but he was hitting the power button instead. So he was turning the TV on and off. That was more annoying than the barely audible volume.

Milo decided at 11:30ish that he was going to start whining a little that he needed to go out. Up with him to let him out, then wait until he was ready to come back in.

Up a little after 1:00 with what I think was a nightmare

Awake at 2:00 looking at the clock like I do most mornings

Looking at the clock at 2:43

Looking at the clock at 3:10

Must have fallen asleep because my alarm went off and I usually turn it off if I'm awake a few minutes before it goes off.

When I was awake I was thinking about how earlier in the evening Donnie told me that next summer we are going on vacation with his younger brother and his family. He discussed this with his brother, but not with me or the kids. He wants to take a 2 week vacation where we drive out west, and look at things as we drive by. Seriously. In 2 weeks they have it figured out that we will spend over 80 hours, and 5000 miles driving. Plus we will get to sleep in tents some nights. Um, no thanks. When they were younger their parents would go on vacation out west, and do this. They'd sleep in campers, and spend most of the time driving. This is not appealing to me in any way shape or form. I'd like to see Yellow Stone, and the Grand Canyon (they have YS, but not GC on the agenda) but just driving through isn't what I had in mind. To me this isn't a vacation, it isn't relaxing at all. I know how I felt spending 2 days and 1000 miles in the car, and that was with a day in between. There is no way I can spend 2 weeks in a car, and sleep in a tent on top of that. I won't be able to stand up straight for a month. If I don't go, I know Caleb won't want to go, and Keri probably won't either. This is what kept me up last night.

2014-04-01 8:41 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Ok, some suckage in here, BUT... better to find out about the trees now, than when someone was in them and trees came crashing down. Letting the foot heal means more time to sit back, listen to the birds, bats, and spring peepers peeping while sipping some wine.

That is a good way to look at it. I am looking at the races I have signed up for. I hope I can do them. I have already "donated" a bunch of money for races I had to cancel already. Though, that was purely my fault thinking I would be totally healed by now.

2014-04-01 8:42 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

It was a little breezy last night, but nothing like Saturday night at your house.

Donnie was watching a basketball game in bed when I was trying to go to sleep. I can fall asleep with the TV on. He kept trying to turn down the volume, but he was hitting the power button instead. So he was turning the TV on and off. That was more annoying than the barely audible volume.

Milo decided at 11:30ish that he was going to start whining a little that he needed to go out. Up with him to let him out, then wait until he was ready to come back in.

Up a little after 1:00 with what I think was a nightmare

Awake at 2:00 looking at the clock like I do most mornings

Looking at the clock at 2:43

Looking at the clock at 3:10

Must have fallen asleep because my alarm went off and I usually turn it off if I'm awake a few minutes before it goes off.

When I was awake I was thinking about how earlier in the evening Donnie told me that next summer we are going on vacation with his younger brother and his family. He discussed this with his brother, but not with me or the kids. He wants to take a 2 week vacation where we drive out west, and look at things as we drive by. Seriously. In 2 weeks they have it figured out that we will spend over 80 hours, and 5000 miles driving. Plus we will get to sleep in tents some nights. Um, no thanks. When they were younger their parents would go on vacation out west, and do this. They'd sleep in campers, and spend most of the time driving. This is not appealing to me in any way shape or form. I'd like to see Yellow Stone, and the Grand Canyon (they have YS, but not GC on the agenda) but just driving through isn't what I had in mind. To me this isn't a vacation, it isn't relaxing at all. I know how I felt spending 2 days and 1000 miles in the car, and that was with a day in between. There is no way I can spend 2 weeks in a car, and sleep in a tent on top of that. I won't be able to stand up straight for a month. If I don't go, I know Caleb won't want to go, and Keri probably won't either. This is what kept me up last night.

Yep, that would keep you awake. Maybe there is a compromise: Rent an RV, or not go as many places? or something......

2014-04-02 5:21 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

2014-04-02 5:57 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

Morning Gholies! 

2014-04-02 6:00 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

Morning Gholies! 

I wonder how many of my 16000+ posts consist of my "Good morning Ghoulies!"

2014-04-02 6:04 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

It was a GREAT day yesterday. I worked until about 1:30 and then went into the yard and played. Since I am now not supposed to be on my feet all day, I crawled around and did hand weeding and got the winter stubble off of a few beds. Dang, that takes a while and we are sooooooo far behind. The foot restriction sure helped in keeping me focused. Usually I tear around and weed, rake, prune, chop, dig, etc all at the same time. When you are limited to just a couple of things you can do, you can move along pretty fast. As long as you don't look at the rest of the stuff you need to do. My arms today feel like I did a huge strength training set.

The tree that fell was 80 years old! I lost 4 giant pots that were crushed and two of my favorite cobalt blue ceramic pots. Now I have to shop again. They were pretty expensive so it will be slow replacing them all.

2014-04-02 6:05 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

Morning Gholies! 

I wonder how many of my 16000+ posts consist of my "Good morning Ghoulies!"

That is funny, a good number of them.. and TOPPAGE!!

2014-04-02 6:16 AM

User image

Champion

It was a GREAT day yesterday. I worked until about 1:30 and then went into the yard and played. Since I am now not supposed to be on my feet all day, I crawled around and did hand weeding and got the winter stubble off of a few beds. Dang, that takes a while and we are sooooooo far behind. The foot restriction sure helped in keeping me focused. Usually I tear around and weed, rake, prune, chop, dig, etc all at the same time. When you are limited to just a couple of things you can do, you can move along pretty fast. As long as you don't look at the rest of the stuff you need to do. My arms today feel like I did a huge strength training set.

The tree that fell was 80 years old! I lost 4 giant pots that were crushed and two of my favorite cobalt blue ceramic pots. Now I have to shop again. They were pretty expensive so it will be slow replacing them all.

DAMN!

Do what you can do. Your foot healing properly is more important than yard work!

2014-04-02 6:58 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

DAMN!

Do what you can do. Your foot healing properly is more important than yard work!

Yah, I need my foot better!! I have already missed out on the half marathon I wanted to do and the Adventure race and I can't see how I am going to be ready for my tri in May. This is the tri that I have wanted to do for 6 years!!! I am still aiming for it. I can do my rides on the trainer, I can swim so I will just have to walk the run part and hope I make the cut off time. I am going to pull a Scarlett for now... I will think about that later.

2014-04-02 11:01 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Good day Ghoulies!

It is finally acting like spring here, meaning the pollen is out full force.  

Robin, don't worry about the yard work.  Like anything else, it will still be there waiting for you when the time is right.

Ann, sports must be starting up again for those two kiddos.  Soccer and softball.  

I am starting to workout with a friend of mine who has lost weight, toned up, and is working on getting her certification in nutrition and fitness.  I am going to be one of her guinea pigs.  So yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life.  No more cookies for me for a long long time, unless they are healthy cookies.  Knocking sugar out of the diet.  Woot!

2014-04-02 11:21 AM

User image

Champion

Good day Ghoulies!

Robin, don't worry about the yard work.  Like anything else, it will still be there waiting for you when the time is right.

Ann, sports must be starting up again for those two kiddos.  Soccer and softball.  

I am starting to workout with a friend of mine who has lost weight, toned up, and is working on getting her certification in nutrition and fitness.  I am going to be one of her guinea pigs.  So yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life.  No more cookies for me for a long long time, unless they are healthy cookies.  Knocking sugar out of the diet.  Woot!

The bakery manager thanks you!

2014-04-02 2:14 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good day Ghoulies!

Go Kendra! Nice to have some one to help keep you accountable.

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  

of 82

RELATED POSTS

Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 24117 Posts: 348

2013-11-05 12:52 PM wgraves7582

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #4 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 51328 Posts: 2002

2009-10-30 2:35 PM skrtrnr

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 62745 Posts: 1994

2009-10-27 7:35 AM disturbed275

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #2 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 66122 Posts: 2010

2009-10-20 8:12 PM D001

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by D001
Views: 76826 Posts: 1992

2009-10-07 5:56 PM disturbed275
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : December 14, 2004
comments : 0
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.
date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.

date : September 4, 2004
2003 Ultraman World Champion.
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!

My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.

Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.