Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 82

2014-04-07 7:19 AM
in reply to: ironannekidd

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour.

Morning Ghoulies.

And then came the rain! It started last night and is pouring now. We needed it, it was getting pretty dry already. It makes it tough to want to get going, though.

Ann: I have an overuse injury just reading about your weekend! Whew! Lots of sports going on.

Kenda: How was the adventure race. I want details!!!

Dee: What's up.

2014-04-08 5:36 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd

Good morning Ghoulies!

What's on tap for today?

2014-04-08 6:06 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Howdy Ghoulies.

Hi Ann, I have just some morning errands, doctors visits and then afternoon work. The rain made EVERYTHING green here, and the dogwoods are having a banner year. They are almost in full bloom. 

2014-04-08 6:26 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies!

Ann - does Keri ever turn off?  She is like the energizer bunny.

Robin - we too had the rain, and it is looking a lot greener today.  Leaves are opening up on the trees, flowers are blooming.

The Great Urban Race was a lot of fun.  There are pictures out on facebook, some I posted and some posted by my friend Beth.  There were 12 clues in all, and we managed to complete 9 of them.  We knew we weren't going to win, not without being able to move swiftly, and Frank is not moving fast on his hip.  I am proud of him though.  He was a trooper.

If we do this again we know to bring a paper map with us next time.  Just using a small map on the phone made it hard to get a good picture of the course.  We learned from listening to others, to try and solve all the clues before heading out.  That way you could them map out your route to have the least amount of distance to go.  Unfortunately, we did a bunch of backtracking, thus only completing 9 of the 12.  When you got to the locations, there would be a task for the team to do.  Solve a tanagram, flip pennies into a bucket while blindfolded, lasso a team mate, pick up noodles with a spaghetti without using your hands, knock the roller derby team member out of the square, flip a shell into a cup using a spoon and another larger shell as leverage, etc.  All in all, it was fun.  We all took turns with the different activities.  I would definitely do this again.  

2014-04-08 6:59 AM
in reply to: kns57

User image

Champion

Originally posted by kns57

Good morning Ghoulies!

Robin - we too had the rain, and it is looking a lot greener today.  Leaves are opening up on the trees, flowers are blooming.

The Great Urban Race was a lot of fun.  There are pictures out on facebook, some I posted and some posted by my friend Beth.  There were 12 clues in all, and we managed to complete 9 of them.  We knew we weren't going to win, not without being able to move swiftly, and Frank is not moving fast on his hip.  I am proud of him though.  He was a trooper.

If we do this again we know to bring a paper map with us next time.  Just using a small map on the phone made it hard to get a good picture of the course.  We learned from listening to others, to try and solve all the clues before heading out.  That way you could them map out your route to have the least amount of distance to go.  Unfortunately, we did a bunch of backtracking, thus only completing 9 of the 12.  When you got to the locations, there would be a task for the team to do.  Solve a tanagram, flip pennies into a bucket while blindfolded, lasso a team mate, pick up noodles with a spaghetti without using your hands, knock the roller derby team member out of the square, flip a shell into a cup using a spoon and another larger shell as leverage, etc.  All in all, it was fun.  We all took turns with the different activities.  I would definitely do this again.  

1) No, she doesn't

2) sounds like the race was a blast!

2014-04-08 7:00 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by ceilidh

Howdy Ghoulies.

Hi Ann, I have just some morning errands, doctors visits and then afternoon work. The rain made EVERYTHING green here, and the dogwoods are having a banner year. They are almost in full bloom. 

I saw parts of NC were getting some of the nasty weather that was in the south the past few days. Did you guys get any of it?

2014-04-08 11:56 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by ironannekidd

Howdy Ghoulies.

I saw parts of NC were getting some of the nasty weather that was in the south the past few days. Did you guys get any of it?

Yesterday we did. Lots of rain. Today, we have high winds. Not like when you all were here, though. I can wait a LONG time before we have winds like that again.

Turns out my foot alose has scar tissue impinging on the muscle. One of the reasons it hurts more now than it did. I have to do physical therapy for that as well. It will take a while, but if I am diligent, it should go away.

2014-04-08 4:04 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

It looks like it was fun! My feet are glad I didn't pound out 22,000 steps (like your team mate). The pictures were great and it looks like you had fun and learned a lot from this time out. Where did you get that great jacket? I LOVE it.

2014-04-08 11:38 PM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good evening, Ghoulies!  Hope everyone has a good night.

2014-04-08 11:43 PM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good morning Ghoulies!

That sounds like tons of fun!  But quite the learning curve...

2014-04-08 11:47 PM

User image

Elite
washington state

Turns out my foot alose has scar tissue impinging on the muscle. One of the reasons it hurts more now than it did. I have to do physical therapy for that as well. It will take a while, but if I am diligent, it should go away.

Glad that you found the problem and have a plan of attack!

2014-04-09 3:50 AM
in reply to: deehtz

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

2014-04-09 6:18 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Morning Ghoulies.

It is starting out to be a gorgeous day here. I WANT to go and play in the yard! the guy is supposedly coming to get the stump out today by the garage. The other tree work got done over the weekend, he has to bring in another piece of machinery to get it out. Then I will start on rebuilding the wall that was there and re-planting the shrubs and other plants that were there.

2014-04-09 6:28 AM

User image

Champion

Morning Ghoulies.

It is starting out to be a gorgeous day here. I WANT to go and play in the yard! the guy is supposedly coming to get the stump out today by the garage. The other tree work got done over the weekend, he has to bring in another piece of machinery to get it out. Then I will start on rebuilding the wall that was there and re-planting the shrubs and other plants that were there.

Robin, I know you were upset that Kendra and I didn't go back and get you the wooden canoe, but was really no reason to knock down an 80 year old tree. Look at what a mess it ended up making.

Serenity now

2014-04-09 6:31 AM

User image

Champion

Supposed to be warm and sunny here today, even warmer tomorrow. Could be in the 70's on Saturday and Sunday. It may rain Friday night, but I hope it doesn't. I took one of the 4-wheelers into the park yesterday and the one dad and I worked on the field. Our softball field is MUD. He drug it, and we let it dry for awhile, then he drug it again. I think that will help, especially if we get the sun, and breezy conditions they are calling for. We are going to do it again tomorrow. Right now the entire field is wet, but around 2nd, 3rd, and the pitchers mound are just a complete mess.

2014-04-09 6:37 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Morning Ghoulies.

Robin, I know you were upset that Kendra and I didn't go back and get you the wooden canoe, but was really no reason to knock down an 80 year old tree. Look at what a mess it ended up making.

Serenity now

That should teach me from having a temper tantrum As I type this, a giant black cloud appeared over Chimney Rock Mountain and the sky turned reddish yellow. Hmmm. I believe we are going to get some rain. Now I am glad I am not working in the yard

PS. The canoe will be there when you get back. You all have more time now to plan how to get it.

2014-04-09 6:41 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Supposed to be warm and sunny here today, even warmer tomorrow. Could be in the 70's on Saturday and Sunday. It may rain Friday night, but I hope it doesn't. I took one of the 4-wheelers into the park yesterday and the one dad and I worked on the field. Our softball field is MUD. He drug it, and we let it dry for awhile, then he drug it again. I think that will help, especially if we get the sun, and breezy conditions they are calling for. We are going to do it again tomorrow. Right now the entire field is wet, but around 2nd, 3rd, and the pitchers mound are just a complete mess.

After all that rain we had while you were here, we had dry breezy days. The ground was parched by the end of the week. When it is dry and breezy, it doesn't take long. Fingers crossed that it will stay dry for a bit.

2014-04-09 12:33 PM

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies!

It looks like it was fun! My feet are glad I didn't pound out 22,000 steps (like your team mate). The pictures were great and it looks like you had fun and learned a lot from this time out. Where did you get that great jacket? I LOVE it.

They supplied the jacket at that checkpoint.  Whoever did that challenge had to wear the jacket.  

2014-04-09 12:34 PM

User image

MotoQueen

Morning Ghoulies.

Serenity now

I wonder if she is carving a canoe out of that tree.  It was big enough.

2014-04-09 12:37 PM

User image

MotoQueen

I am sore!  Did I mention I am sore?  Staring simple strength weight lifting and boy can my body tell.  

Did I mention that I ordered noise canceling headphone for work?  The office gets too noisy and disruptive.  If distractions distract you, then you can't work in this office.  

2014-04-09 12:38 PM
in reply to: deehtz

User image

MotoQueen

Originally posted by deehtz

Glad that you found the problem and have a plan of attack!

Ditto!

2014-04-10 5:36 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

2014-04-10 5:55 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ann!

2014-04-10 6:24 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ann!

Hi Kendra. What's going on today?

2014-04-10 6:25 AM

User image

Champion

I am sore!  Did I mention I am sore?  Staring simple strength weight lifting and boy can my body tell.  

Did I mention that I ordered noise canceling headphone for work?  The office gets too noisy and disruptive.  If distractions distract you, then you can't work in this office.  

What kind did you get?

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  

of 82

RELATED POSTS

Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 24056 Posts: 348

2013-11-05 12:52 PM wgraves7582

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #4 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 51256 Posts: 2002

2009-10-30 2:35 PM skrtrnr

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 62632 Posts: 1994

2009-10-27 7:35 AM disturbed275

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #2 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 66002 Posts: 2010

2009-10-20 8:12 PM D001

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by D001
Views: 76734 Posts: 1992

2009-10-07 5:56 PM disturbed275
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : December 14, 2004
comments : 0
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.
date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.

date : September 4, 2004
2003 Ultraman World Champion.
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!

My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.

Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.